PDA

View Full Version : What file format is going to be used?

Validuz
2003-02-03, 10:14 AM
What type of image files are going to be used for PS? PortableNetworkGraphics?

And what type of layout is the game going to be installed as?

Planetside>Base>(compressed archives)??

Planetside>Textures
>Movies
>Maps
>Configs???

Im also curious on how secure the skin editing will be. Ive heard that some skinning will be allowed and Ive heard that none will be. Is there some type of CRC Check from the server?

Hamma
2003-02-03, 10:17 AM
There is absolutly no way to skin PS, for obvious reasons. I'm sure they will have the textures and images locked up pretty well, so they cant be tampered with. ANd I am sure they will have some form of server side checking.

Validuz
2003-02-03, 10:18 AM
And what about the installation layout?

The Eternal
2003-02-03, 10:19 AM
Its really too early to tell, your not likely to find anybody who know the answer to that, or is allowed to reveal that information until after release. I mean they haven't even released Exact Specs to tell the truth.

Validuz
2003-02-03, 10:21 AM
Argh... well I didnt think the layout of the installation would not be allowed to be released but.. eh, oh well.

Well, might as well use this thread for a couple mroe questions..
Anyone know how big the installation is going to be? Because I plan on buying a 10k RPM hardrive, and I want to make sure there's enough room for my main games and my OS.

/me hopes that isnt conifdential as well ;p

Zatrais
2003-02-03, 10:27 AM
games and OS on same drive... never liked it myself hehe

but annyways, PS will be pretty tamper proof because it will most likely be like every other MMOG and scan the files for changes and see if annything dosn't match whit the server. If the files dosn't compare it'll just redownload the changed files before letting you play.

Validuz
2003-02-03, 10:30 AM
argh... yea, actually I meant to say that my OS will be on this hardrive and the one Im getting Ill put my games on it.

Hamma
2003-02-03, 11:09 AM
PS will be 3 CD's Install will probably be fairly large :p

I have no idea what the install layout will be