PDA

View Full Version : New PR Manager SporkfirePS!

MrVicchio
2003-02-03, 01:56 PM
Author Topic: Hello, PlanetSide Fans - An introduction
SporkfirePS
Station Admin
Registered: Jan 2003 posted 02-03-2003 11:34 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all,
I just wanted to toss out an introduction to all of you. My name is Vic Wachter, and I will be acting as Community Relations Representative for PlanetSide. You'll be seeing quite a bit of me from here on out, as it will be my job to watch the forums and pass information on to all of you.

This is something of a dream job for me. Some of you may be familiar with me as moderator of the EverQuest Tech Help Message Board. Before that, as a grad student, I studied the sociology and communication patterns of online communities. Judging by the quality of posts I am seeing before the game is even released, this is going to an exciting community to work with.

Keep on posting. I'll be watching and helping where I can. I think this going to be fun... Well, most of the time

Victor Wachter
Community Relations Representative, PlanetSide
Sony Online Entertainment

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside/Forum2/HTML/002229.html

Squeeky
2003-02-03, 02:06 PM
Awesome :D

diluted
2003-02-03, 02:08 PM
:thumbsup:

Navaron
2003-02-03, 02:50 PM
"Judging by the quality of posts I am seeing before the game is even released, this is going to an exciting community to work with.''

I sure hope he meant the whole PS community, and he wasn't speaking just about the officials. Wow those are ugly.

MrVicchio
2003-02-03, 03:10 PM
I don't think he'd keep his job if his first officla post was.. "My goodness.. what fucking mess I gotta clean up..." :P :P

Mazelmavin
2003-02-03, 03:15 PM
As is of any good PR person for a MMOG, we will learn to hate this man and his company-line double-talk.

Mark My Words

p.s. It is nice to see a PR man though. Almost there.

Lexington_Steele
2003-02-03, 04:19 PM
We should tell him to pay PSU a visit. :)

BLuE_ZeRO
2003-02-03, 08:27 PM
Did SJ hire this guy so he didn't have to talk to us anymore :(

Lillemanden
2003-02-04, 03:48 AM
Offtopic but I gotta say I love your sig's Blue_zero, are you gonna make a NC one?

BLuE_ZeRO
2003-02-04, 08:29 PM
Hmm never thought about that... I need something about the NC to exploit in it though. With the Vanu it was the purple armor and with the TR it's the goggles. Nothing really interesting about the NC...

Yuyi
2003-02-04, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by BLuE_ZeRO
Hmm never thought about that... I need something about the NC to exploit in it though. With the Vanu it was the purple armor and with the TR it's the goggles. Nothing really interesting about the NC...

The max looks like a lego man :confused:

Lillemanden
2003-02-05, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Yuyi
The max looks like a lego man :confused:
hehe, it actually does ;)
Maybe something about them being anarchists? ("Fight Soldier!", "Nah, I don't feel like fighting today..", BLAM!)