PDA

View Full Version : In need of laptop memory

Davik Dakari
2004-05-19, 02:01 AM
Hey, I am constructing my own laptop that will hopefully be able to play PS. Currently I have everything to build my comp except for memory. If anyone is willing to sell me some 512mb DDR333 PC-2700 200 pin RAM for a decent price I will worship you since money is tight b/c I am a college student. (I would use eBay but my account is suspended since I missed a payment, heh told you money is tight)

Here are the specs for my comp, please leave feedback on how you think it will perform (even if they are flames I can take em cause I am a big boy):

P4 DDR 732 Series Barebone Laptop (purchased from www.internetishop.com)
Windows XP
Intel P4 2.0ghz Socket 478 /w 512 cache
Fujitsu 20gb Ultra ATA100 4200RPM (12ms Seek Time)
512mb DDR333 PC-2700 200 pin RAM (soon hopefully)
ATI Radeon 9000 M9 external 64mb DDR AGP 4x

Please contact me at [email protected] or on my cell (803) 493-3407 if you can help, thanks.

dscytherulez
2004-05-19, 05:32 PM
I think you should ditch the P4 2.0ghz, unless you were talking about an M, because that's battery kill. Go for a high end Intel P4 - M.

The Radeon 9000 could be better, it will run it but you WILL have lag.

512 MB of RAM with the combination of all the other things you listed is not a good thing. You will have some serious lag.

Laptops aren't the best gaming machines. Planetside is a very system demanding game and really isn't made to be run on laptops. If you need a laptop, then your going to have to get a really good one to even get ok performance running PS. If you don't need a laptop, just buy a desktop. It will be cheaper and you can definately run PS on a system you built for the same price as a laptop.

Sorry to ruin it :( .

Electrofreak
2004-05-19, 05:42 PM
Yeah my bro tries to play PlanetSide on a relatively high-end laptop my stepmom just bought. Needless to say... it is teh suk. I'm building him a new comp in a week or 2 tho :)