PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear weapons... Europeans in Beta... Wow.. big thread.. SJ clears somethings up...

MrVicchio
2003-02-03, 04:06 PM
Author Topic: wil europeans get into beta?,if not WHY NOT!!!!?
thegame109
Station Member
Registered: Dec 2002 posted 02-02-2003 06:34 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok i just wanted tom know because i live in the uk and i gotta say if it's no to europeans into the exsternal beta i'de like to know why the hell not?!!.I mean i'de be REALLY HAPPy for all my american friends to get in but i cannot see WHY europeans would'nt be able to get in?.I mean i've been in the beta of AO,Neocron...blah blah i'm IN the beta of shadowbane at the mo and all it takes is to get the eurpean fans to DOWNLOAD the beta and get the american fans to get the cd's.I mean i downloaded Anarchy-online with a 56k when i used that connection,hell it took me 25 HOURS!!!!
I'de like to know this BADLY as i'de be VERY upset as i don't see ANY reason for us non us fans not to gt in i mean..if COUGH! shadowbane COUGH! can get us to download it why the helln not do that for PS?!

btw i'm not angry just abit frustrated with this at the moment ehhe

You'll have to follow the link for the Nukes...

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 02-03-2003 02:09 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All flames aside (and you guys *have* to get new hobbies if you're reduced to figuring out whether or not you care if one side dies before the other in a free-exchange of nuclear weapons), here's some PlanetSide-specific answers:
- We haven't made the decisions about whether Europe will be in the Limited Beta test or not. The explanations that PookySam offered (lag sensitivity and time-zone issues) are the main considerations in whether this will occur.

- There will be Europe-specific server clusters. Two of them are currently planned. This is done to reduce lag and prevent any occurrences of bad "Day One" issues as you've seen in other MMOs.

- Even if no Europeans make it into Limited Beta, they will still be added to External Beta.

That's all the info for now.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside/Forum2/HTML/002180-2.html