PDA

View Full Version : My Fiasco and Success Today

Rbstr
2004-05-24, 05:30 PM
Today when i got home form school i found a geat surpirze, the 2.8ghz CPU i had colabrated with Electro to get!

SO i open it up put it in and all the other CPUy type thingys. And Turn it on, go thoguth the BIO setting changes, and boot windows. It gets thoguth but it tries to instal multithreading CPU drivers and tells me to restart, i do so.

then th fun part starts, it get ghtouh all the BIOS stuff and get to the point were the windows logo shoudl be and 'lo, it just stoped doing anything, i turn it off and one a couple f times,then dig out my Windows CD, i get into recovery mode, and try redoing the MBR and othe boot thigns but it does not work so i do a chkdsk, and it says "This hardrive has one or more unrecoverable errors" i go "WTF" So i restart with the CD and go into setup wer ethere is a habdy recovery install, but it turns out my XP was so fucked that it had to basicaly replace all of the windows files taking nearly an hour.

Anyway, now i have to redo a ton of tweaks and things and i can't remember were i found them all so i need your guyses help. for a couple of things

The list of programs that can be turned off in Windows
The 512-advanced-2 theme, though i'm PMing enie about that
A set of drivers for an Avermedia TV Studio Card

Electrofreak
2004-05-24, 08:14 PM
Yay! Now you can send me your old stuff! Rbstr, get on TS or IM me, or something, my bro is eager for me to send you my address so you can toss me your celeron, the RAM and stuff...

oh, the services list thing is www.blackviper.com (http://www.blackviper.com/)

Send Seanp14468 an AIM when you get the chance (no seriously, my bro is about to hyperventilate I think, hes flippin out, especially cause I found him a copy of PlanetSide in the store yesterday and hes going to set up a new account and play PlanetSide with us when I get his new comp built.)

edit- Oh, and be sure to tell me how it OCs :)

Fragmatic
2004-05-24, 08:25 PM
The list of programs that can be turned off in Windows
The 512-advanced-2 theme, though i'm PMing enie about that
A set of drivers for an Avermedia TV Studio Card

1. I know the site you're talking about, with all the windows processes and which ones are safe to turn off etc, but since my format, I don't have it to hand, sorry :(

2. Yup, ask Eine (don't have the site to hand since format :()

3. Click me! (http://www.aver.com/support/downloads.shtml)

Edit - Electrofreak posted no. 1... I was too busy doing stuff and I forgot to click post :p

Rbstr
2004-05-24, 08:48 PM
Thankyou much guys.

elecrto i'll get to you tomarrow i have to do alot tonight yet.

Electrofreak
2004-05-25, 12:07 AM
alright man, though... uhm I might be asleep all day tomorrow lol... I'm pulling an all nighter on a Java programming final project. its 1 am, and only 8 hours until its due. I better get cracking!

(Note: I'll prolly be gettin up late tomorrow afternoon like 4-5 pm, assuming I get to bed around around 9 o' clock am)

:: Pours himself another glass of caffeine-laden soda and starts coding furiously ::

Rbstr
2004-05-25, 05:29 PM
Well jsut a little update, the things are working great, and My PS FPS is at an all time high.

150 FPS in the HArt building
60-80 outside in sanc
20(only right after teh cont loaded it got better after that)-70 in various battels of the 30 min i was able to play today

Anyway the two hours i spent getting her running was definently worth it.

EDIT: One last thing, i long time ago Someone posted a link about memory dividers and it had a table showing what FBS with what divider = what mem speed. If anyone has this on hand it would be helpfull, so i don't have to do all the calculations

Daleon
2004-05-26, 08:05 AM
Kick it through some 3dmark's and Sandra cpu/memory bench's. I'll do same on mine and post them up.

Rbstr
2004-05-26, 03:34 PM
I deleted all my benches a while ago i don't have enough HD space for it.

I exparamented with Overclocking today, and Managed to get it to POST at 1ghz FSB, but windows forze at the boot screen. so its running at 3.4 right now at 980FSB with a 3:2 memory divider so my memory's only doing 163(x2, 326) i'm gona see what i can to get my memory working at 200 again (1ghz FSB w/ 5:4 memory divider)
idle is only 29celsius only 2degrees above my Cell at 2.8