PDA

View Full Version : Connecting my Xbox to my Computer.

NoSurrender
2004-05-31, 05:32 PM
Hey all ive got a Radeon 8500DV 64mb and it comes with this http://buy.ati.com/shopati/product.asp?category=AA&part%5Fno=CABLE+AIW+128+INPUT+US&find%5Fcategory=AA&find%5Fdescription=Accessories&find%5Fpart%5Fdesc=&country=USA so i figured that i could connect my Xbox to this and run it off my monitor(this is my alt. comp and this is the only way i can connect to live.) Can Anyone help?

got it. I own so hard.

Electrofreak
2004-05-31, 11:32 PM
Well... you will only be able to connect your video, not audio. If you want to connect audio you will need to get an adapter thing that will convert the RCA XBox audio output jacks into a stereo miniplug. (2 RCA to 1 Stereo miniplug adapter). Then you need to hook that stereo plug up to your Line-In port on your computer.

Now I'm guessing that adapter converts RCA plugs to S-Video, which you can then plug into your vid card (which I'm assuming has a TV/AUX IN port). So, all you need to do is connect the video plug from your XBox into that adapter, and the S-Video end of the adapter into your video cards TV/AUX IN port. You should then be able to get your XBox to display onto your screen using your video cards software.

NoSurrender
2004-06-01, 09:47 PM
yea i got everything to work but audio. i forgot how i got it to work last time. no im using compsite video in.

Rbstr
2004-06-01, 10:38 PM
You need that miniplug adapet witch is on my shoping list for tomarrow, Halo book + case fan + adapter

NoSurrender
2004-06-02, 09:45 PM
rbstr is like something like our tech guide, in which you say it'll be done or like your actually gonna do it? no i had it working like a year ago, but my memory has gone down hill. EWWW german final tomarrow. if i fail i blame Ait

Rbstr
2004-06-02, 10:16 PM
Tech guide...yeah that was gona happen but then i didn't, hmm i think i'll work on it.

Acctualy i got teh Adaper thing, today, but the library and book store didn't have the book, and i decided against the fan