PDA

View Full Version : Help please

CassH
2004-07-07, 01:25 PM
Hi my computer specs are

Amd Athlon (tm) XP 1700+
1.47 GHz
224mb of ram

I am geting 256 mb of more ram and a beter video card.

what elas do i need to run PS without it being "OMG I HATE THIS GAME".

Thank you.

TheN00b
2004-07-07, 02:07 PM
I'd say you need about another gigahertz of processor speed, just from what you have there. In addition, even 512 MB of ram is a bit shoddy. But what video card are you using? And what speed is your internet connection?

CassH
2004-07-07, 03:21 PM
i am curently useing the built in video card. and my internet connection is a pittiful 24mbps but i am trying to get it faster.

TheN00b
2004-07-07, 03:27 PM
Cass, what is the builtin videocard? And I assume you mean kbps, not mbps?

CassH
2004-07-07, 03:31 PM
I am not sher what the built in video card is. i am not to smart with the computer i have now i just got it and its basicly my first computer. where would i be able to find that?.

TheN00b
2004-07-07, 03:46 PM
Erm, go to the start menu, settings, hardware or somesuch, then fiddle around in there until you find it. It should be named something like 'GeForce FX 5900' or 'Radeon 9600 Pro'.

CassH
2004-07-07, 03:58 PM
Well it says i has none.

Daleon
2004-07-07, 04:12 PM
So your on dialup? I would seriously not even bother with PS if I were you.

I'm guessing your onboard video is using up 32 megs of your ram. Do you know if its ddr? If it is its like pc2100. Know how many slots you got?

Thats going to be a pretty old mb, so the onboard video's not going to be to good to begin with, but defintely no where near PS playable levels.

So really, to get your system anywhere near PS you would need a new video card and prolly replace all your ram with 2x512 sticks of ram. Your looking at about around $250-300 to do that. And even then, if you are on dialup its still going to be very rough.

You come out much cheaper by saving your money and not buying PS and getting a new pc for around $500. Then when you get broadband try a PS demo and see how it runs.

ICha0sI
2004-07-07, 04:16 PM
Don't play PS at all with that comp. Don't even upgrade it... Buy a new one. If you say money is an issue then go get a job.

CassH
2004-07-07, 05:40 PM
So your on dialup? I would seriously not even bother with PS if I were you.

I'm guessing your onboard video is using up 32 megs of your ram. Do you know if its ddr? If it is its like pc2100. Know how many slots you got?

Thats going to be a pretty old mb, so the onboard video's not going to be to good to begin with, but defintely no where near PS playable levels.

So really, to get your system anywhere near PS you would need a new video card and prolly replace all your ram with 2x512 sticks of ram. Your looking at about around $250-300 to do that. And even then, if you are on dialup its still going to be very rough.

You come out much cheaper by saving your money and not buying PS and getting a new pc for around $500. Then when you get broadband try a PS demo and see how it runs.

im on adsl but its through a wireless network which i am going to get a cord for so its not wireless.

and i have PS i had it installed on my old computer that has lower ram but a beter video card and it ran fine on there, even though that was a year ago and PS might be bigger now.

so even if i upgrade the ram and get a new videocard which i am going to do anyway i shouldent bother trying PS?

TekDragon
2004-07-07, 07:34 PM
You need to build a new PC. Period. Your about 5 years out of date.

CassH
2004-07-07, 08:02 PM
:( :( :( :( :( Now just two words can help me: a Job :( :( :( :( :(