PDA

View Full Version : Armor Cert Question?

Toimu
2003-02-07, 04:57 PM
On Xennon's (http://www.uea.ac.uk/~y0210188/PSskillcalc.html) cert calculator (Which is just a guess) you cannot unclick Standard Armor or Standard Weapon. I hope you can trade in your Standard Armor cert, if I have Agile Armor, I would never use Standard Armor. Wasting a cert like that would suck. But if we can trade in Standard Armor cert, can we then go without any armor? I don't think we can, because we haven't seen a no armor pic yet.

If this is so, at Level 20, you will always have 1 cert point left over by this calculator.

*edit: Hamma might know this one!

WCruler
2003-02-07, 05:14 PM
I think when you die, you have standard armor on then you have to run to a termanal to get better armor and stuff. so you kinda have to keep it.

I hope that helps:groovy:

Saint
2003-02-07, 05:19 PM
Standard armor is a prerequistie to all armors.

Toimu
2003-02-07, 05:32 PM
I thought SJ said Agile Armor is a prerequistie to all armors.

Lexington_Steele
2003-02-07, 05:34 PM
I doubt you can unlearn the Standard armor cert. If you could, they might as well give you 3 certs to start off with instead of 2.

Fire_Monkey
2003-02-07, 05:35 PM
agile is the pre requisite for all armors, you're right tominu, i doubt that you can trade in standard certs since yuo recieve them for "free" same with the auto cert for the vehicle in your sanctuary

Toimu
2003-02-07, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Destroyeron
does it really matter lol? :confused: Yes, because if Xennon's cert calculator is correct, you will always have 1 cert point left over at Level 20. Also, why even say Stardard Armor & Stardard Weapons take certs? Why not say they don't take certs, and the max number of certs you get is 19?

quiet
2003-02-07, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Toimu
. . .if Xennon's cert calculator is correct, you will always have 1 cert point left over at Level 20.

I think the availible cert points indicator is always off by one. You can never use the last point no matter what rank you are.

Toimu
2003-02-07, 10:41 PM
I cannot get it to open now, but I think by that system you can use the last cert point. The air vehicles use 3 points, so the last 3 points (or any 3 points) would have to be an air vehicle to use all 21 points.

SandTrout
2003-02-07, 11:00 PM
I doubt it is an accurate measure for the certs. He is probably pulling the numbers out of his ass so he has a layout for when the game is released.

Toimu
2003-02-08, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by SandTrout
I doubt it is an accurate measure for the certs. He is probably pulling the numbers out of his ass so he has a layout for when the game is released. Yeah I know, just brought up the question of "Can you trade in your 1st two certs?"

TheGreatCarbini
2003-02-08, 01:31 AM
I don't think standard armor is really a cert, I mean you spawn with it, I think all it is is a bullet proof vest and a cross so you can pray you dont get shot.

SandTrout
2003-02-08, 02:27 AM
No, you will not be able to trade in standard assault cert.

This hasn't been said directly by the devs, but sense it is "standard issue", I'm pretty damn sure. And if you could trade in standard armor, what would you wear?

Havs
2003-02-08, 04:40 AM
Standard armor and weapon are much akin to breathing and eating, they're ingrained into every one of us. I'm sure the devs wanted even the lowest players to have the most very basic of shooting and armor capabilities. Therefore, they needed to create a basic cert that everyone starts out with. Think about it, would you want a player on your team that lacks any ability to shoot whatsoever, who just so happens to be completely NAKED? Personally, I dont want to subject myself to someone running and... undulating toward me.

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-02-08, 03:29 PM
Basically Standard armor is just that though, standard. The reason you can't train it in is it is something everyone knows how to do, so there is no reason to trade it in. I am pretty sure they just have that cert so you don't start naked.