PDA

View Full Version : Looking for audio recievers

_-Gunslinger-_
2004-09-07, 11:28 AM
Ok I cant seem to find any audio recievers on the internet for under $150, bestbuy sells them for like $100 but I figure I can get them cheaper.

Im looking to "pimp" out my sound system on my computer with a reciever. I have 4 of these 5.5 inch shelf speekers sitting around and figured if I dumped 200 bucks into a sound card and a sub and a reciever that my sound system would kick ass.

Anyone have a site I can check out that has good sound equipment? I dont want crappy ass computer speakers, they are small, suck, and I already have speakers.

Daleon
2004-09-07, 02:23 PM
Many tv tuners have fm receivers. Its usually via a really crappy coaxial antanne though.

If I were you and you really wanted to pimp that b!t<h I'd get one of the new satelite radio systems and embed it into your system. I'm now building a new micro-atx system for portable gaming that will have a 7" lcd and may look into doing this for it also.

Rbstr
2004-09-07, 04:38 PM
dale you have to much money...give me some

Daleon
2004-09-07, 11:12 PM
Heh, I do spend way to much money on stuff. The ppl at my work think I am crazy. I get 2-3 packages a day from ups, fedex, usps, etc. Today got my vga silencer rev.3 and copper bga heatsinks to load up on the XT to see how high I can take her. So far most ppl don't like the newer VGA silcener's at all, to loud.

Also put in order today at newegg for:
MB NFORCE2 7NIL1-SUMMIT CHTECH RTL (Qty=1,Price=$56.00) Micro-ATX

Picking up the aria m-atx case at Fry's this week. Get this mb, new xp3200 in, and the case. Then need ram, thinking of getting some of the new geil Ultra-X stuff to replace whats in my main system and put it in the new portable. Put my old 9800 Pro in it, one of my spare hd's, and I'm all set. Need a good 17" lcd that I can fit into a steel briefcase with cushion molding, mod out the case, and all set for some fast on the go action. The 7" LCD and maybe sat. radio if I can figure out how to do it, going in bc I may also use this as a car pc as I've been wanting one forever.