PDA

View Full Version : Macro

HopeSlayer
2003-02-09, 12:57 PM
I thought I saw something about this a long time ago, but have not seen it since..Is there gonna be anything in place that will prevent people from macroing and basically getting BEP's without really playing? I know it's a problem in other RPG games...

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-02-09, 01:07 PM
Since you earn BEPs by killing actual players, or being a squad, in range, who kill players, I don't think this will be an issue.

Sputty
2003-02-09, 01:09 PM
You get BEPs for seeing new stuff going to new places aswell.

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-02-09, 01:14 PM
Again, not something you can really macro, and you can only do that once. And I am pretty sure you can do that with any new thing (ie getting in a new vehicle, picking up a new weapon, etc).

Hamma
2003-02-09, 01:27 PM
I dont think it's somthing that will happen - in fact I am not sure exactly what you mean :p

You cannot record certain actions as far as I know, you can only setup voice macros and such.

Falcon
2003-02-09, 02:26 PM
as Far as I have herd this will be one of the most troublesome games for hackers and cheaters of the like. so Breathe easier

-=Falcon=-

HopeSlayer
2003-02-09, 02:38 PM
That is good news..I've seen too many other games ruined by people who set up a combat macro, and thus gain levels without even really playing...Thanks for the most excellent input.

SGDreyton
2003-02-09, 10:40 PM
I feel sorry for the sap who dies to the computer :rolleyes:

Unless they get counter-strike type aimbots ... hmmm

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-02-09, 10:45 PM
Unless they get counter-strike type aimbots ... hmmm

Will be harder here, first of all there is a real penalty to using an aim bot. Don't forget, a ban here is pretty harsh, you lose work in your character, your account, etc, and Sony can take legal action if they put it in their EULGA as well.

Not to mention there is a lot more strict between the server and client checking, and clientside has less abilities.

Oh, and they can enable a full file check before connecting too.

Arshune
2003-02-09, 11:05 PM
Doubtful that there will be a lot of data on the client computer to actually alter as far as making cheats will go. Making an aimbot won't be a thirty second chore for PS like it is with CS. Heck, in CS you just make a model that has a solid color head and a program that moves the mouse pointer to that color and bingo, instant headshot. Sony will most likely not even let you connect if any of your Planetside files are altered, not to mention that camera they mentioned that they'll have watching every suspected cheater. Besides, unlike most FPS servers, Planetside is run by a company and will therefore have actual admins around.

LesserShade
2003-02-10, 10:43 AM
I don't really understand what macroing could really buy you in PS. I mean, you go kill some players, you get some experience.. i'm not sure how you could macro that. Even still though, I'm not really concerned with the BEP leveling system in PS. I can see why people would want to macro that kind of thing in an RPG, but they are saying like 4 months to get to lvl 20, that's not bad. Not to mention that you aren't getting any particular bonuses when you level other than making more weapons, vehicles etc available to your personal arsenal. Anyway, I think SJ said somewhere in the interview that they were probably going to allow alt+tabbing out of the game? If so, then the devs are obviously not too concerned with macroing.