PDA

View Full Version : Quality Computers at a Good Price?

vidman1000
2004-09-20, 05:02 PM
http://computergamingpc.com/index.html

Are these computers a great deal? They seem to enjoy pointing out how much cheaper than Alienware and Dell they are.

PS: I do not play Planetside mostly because my computer wouldn't be able to handle it, so if you don't recognize me that's why. If you do recognize me... :confused:
And something that has been nagigng me for a while. What is this ---> :rofl:
Is that a face with half of it covered by a cast?

Electrofreak
2004-09-20, 05:20 PM
Looking them over they definately look to be decent pre-built PCs for the price. If you don't want to build your own system those look like a pretty good deal. I saw a couple things that I would change if I was building my own system (for example I'll bet that Kingston RAM is ValueRAM and not HyperX gaming RAM) but all in all they will perform pretty well. They could have gone and put socket 939 CPUs into those machines but 754s still do a pretty nice job. And for prices under 2k its not bad for pre-built.

As for this: :rofl: its a smiley rolling on the floor laughing.

Rbstr
2004-09-20, 05:40 PM
holly shit man that is a great price for a prebuilt system, 3200+ with a gig of ram and a 9800 for $1600 thats unheard of, DEll XPS's with PCX 5200's sell for > 2k

Electrofreak
2004-09-20, 06:11 PM
Yeah and I'm not seeing any components that look to be of sub-par quality. I mean even if the RAM is Kingston ValueRam, its still not generic. I think its safe to say that those computers are definately worth looking into.

vidman1000
2004-09-20, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. As for building my own computer, where should I begin? What is a barebones system? Thanks in advance.

I know that this is rofl :rofl: but what is the white striped thing on the side of his face? Im assuming the thing sticking to the left is his arm. I just have bad....something or other sometimes, I dunno if there is a word for it. For example, when I first glanced at one of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater pictures with this weird picture of a skateboarder I thought it was an astronaught or something.

EDIT: Ahh I finally get it. I was right about what i said above^. The white thing is his mouth...I was looking at it as if he was rolling forward to his chin then back to the back of his head, you should try it... :rofl: :rofl:

dscytherulez
2004-09-21, 07:21 PM
There really isn't a perfect place to start when you build a system (as long as you have the money for everything you want), but if anything I'd say start with your case and mobo and then your processor, and then gradually work your way down the list.

A barebone system is an extremely cheap system build specifically for upgrading (without requiring major electronic skills). IMO, barebones are a waste of money. Starting from scratch is the only real way to get what you pay for.

Edit: Another excellent company to buy systems from is Polywell. They don't take much for the build, unlike Alienware/FNW. I can personally vouch for their quality too. Highly customizable too, unlike a company like dell, prices go by individual parts, not by preconfigured deals. Anything you add, you don't get excessively j00d for.

vidman1000
2004-09-25, 08:42 PM
Custom built computers at www.CyberPowerSystem.com seem cheaper than those at www.computergamingpc.com. Let me know what you think

Zodiac
2004-09-25, 09:40 PM
www.CyberPowerSystem.comDaauummmn they have some low prices.

Baneblade
2004-09-26, 02:21 PM
Heh, gotta wonder how prices get so low sometimes.

Rbstr
2004-09-26, 02:50 PM
'cuase there not gouging you for a name brand like w/ dell and AW

Baneblade
2004-09-26, 02:55 PM
Hehe, more likely is these have little in the way of overpriced support.