PDA

View Full Version : Nc Max Is Useless Hahahaha

MrVicchio
2003-02-09, 09:30 PM
Author Topic: NC MAX USLESS
Ithinx
Station Member

posted 02-08-2003 08:20 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The NC maxes special ability is usless. The implants can be used by max armors. Meaning the TR and VS MAX'es can use the shield implants to guard themselves. Meaning the NC MAX shield not a special ability. And any empire can use a shield!!!

NOT!

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 02-09-2003 08:11 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which is better? A Toyota Pickup? Or a Hummvee?
Personal shield = Toyota Pickup. It absorbs a few hits and might make the difference between life and death.

NC MAX shield = Hummvee. It can absorb *enormous* amounts of damage, can be toggled on and off easily, doesn't consume stamina...and it even looks different than the "Personal Shield" implant effect.

It's sexier, more powerful, and only the NC MAX has it. I simply don't see the issue here...

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside/Forum2/HTML/002523-3.html

Strygun
2003-02-09, 09:36 PM
Hahaha! Thanks SJ =)

bryan25
2003-02-09, 09:49 PM
I think that the shield last longer and is stronger.:trrocks:

Valius
2003-02-09, 11:05 PM
:p bad comparisson, the pick-up is actually much sturdier, than the Hummer, (well at least the military hummer) Things are like POS, least they were, I was little when I got to see one.

CyberHawke
2003-02-09, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Valius
:p bad comparisson, the pick-up is actually much sturdier, than the Hummer, (well at least the military hummer) Things are like POS, least they were, I was little when I got to see one.

I think the point was that if a NC MAX were to play Dodge-Rocklet with a VS MAX, the NC would win.

powdahound
2003-02-10, 06:42 AM
NC 4 lyfe :D

�io
2003-02-10, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by CyberHawke
I think the point was that if a NC MAX were to play Dodge-Rocklet with a VS MAX, the NC would win.

Well the VS MAX would actually win the "dodge the rocklet" game, if they are playing "get hit by rocklet but don't die" than NC wins. :)

mistled
2003-02-10, 03:08 PM
:p bad comparisson, the pick-up is actually much sturdier, than the Hummer, (well at least the military hummer) Things are like POS, least they were, I was little when I got to see one. I'm so sorry, but if I'm on a battlefield, I'd much rather be in a Hummer than a pickup. I just don't see the hummer having to call his buddies to pull him out because he got stuck.

Falcon
2003-02-10, 09:31 PM
You guys ever think that the Shield implant could be used when the Max's shilde power is recharging and vice versa? that makes it actually pretty sweet

Madcat170
2003-02-11, 11:52 PM
Probleme with that is that u would have to survive long enuf to be able to recharge both and i dont think the personal sheild will last nearly as long the NC MAX sheild

Lillemanden
2003-02-12, 05:08 AM
:rolleyes: You would still have a shield longer than anybody else... And I'm pretty sure you'll live long enough in a MAX.

BLuE_ZeRO
2003-02-12, 07:31 PM
Wonder how long it would take a TR MAX that was clamped down to tear a NC max apart.

Steveokb
2003-02-13, 02:50 PM
yeah well when that TR max is gettin reflected from the NC ill just fly in with my reaver and bomb ur ass ;-) NC for ever...NC for lyfe
stevo-

WNxUndeadFenix
2003-02-15, 06:54 PM
I still think the VS MAX is the best because of its manuverability and its ability to jump in and out of combat and situtations.

RaccoonOfEvil
2003-02-15, 07:50 PM

:stupid: :jawdrop: :confused: popcorn:

How can people be so stupid????

Madcat170
2003-02-16, 12:18 AM
mmmmmm

Is 1 chain gun on the TR MAX equivilent to the Mosquito weapon?

If so it has the power of 2 mosquitos.......then it clamps down and increases its fire rate by 50% making it have the fire power of 3 moquitos?

Is the RoF increased by 50% or less?

Zatrais
2003-02-16, 08:44 AM
it's increased 100%, as in it's doubeled...

nonclamped firering speed = 100%, clamped = 200%

�io
2003-02-16, 01:11 PM
RoF and accuracy is increase.

Madcat170
2003-02-16, 09:11 PM
Oh 100% increase is better 4mosquitos with higher accuracy......mmmmmm splat goes the nme

SilentCacophony
2003-02-20, 09:40 PM
A hummer would own a Hick-up, hands down. That baby won Desert Storm.

wazzupi
2003-02-21, 10:36 AM
first of all its common sense dont shoot when it has a shield duh secons you cant shoot with the shield on, i just made my point then when the shield is of blast it back to the its empire. _l_('_')_l_ ahhahahhahahahhahahahhahhahaahhaahaahahahaa

MrVulcan
2003-02-21, 10:40 AM

:eek: :confused: :eek:

im sorry but that is way out there man.....

The hummer is 100X better than a pick-up....
the hummer has the following specs:
6.5 v8 diesel
195 horsepower @ 3400 rpm
7646-lb towing capacity
430 lb-ft torque capacity
runs on regular unleaded fuel

can climb a 22-inch vertical wall, navigate a 60% grade, traverse a 40% slide slope with 3,500 lbs of payload, and operate in up to 30 inches of water with no adverse affects

77.0"H X 184.5"L X 71.6"W
16" min ground clearance
130" wheelbase
6061 T6 hardened aircraft aluminum body with advanced military grade armor

no pickup comes close.

Look at some pics of hummers and of pickups and you will see that it isn�t even close, the pickups are little frail things compared to a hummer. The hummer is the ultimate pickup.

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/autos.yahoo.com/i/b/02/HUMMER2.jpg

http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/h1/gallery/index.jsp

wazzupi
2003-02-21, 11:11 PM
ahahah very funny bitch shtu up man just addmit the nc max special ability is not so [omg the tr max is cool big it got a shield that last longer than the other personel shileld and is stronger] big deal :ncsucks: :ncsucks:

Grimmblade
2003-02-21, 11:39 PM
Vulcan your specs must be screwed, a diesel engine cant run on regular gasoline and vice versa. Ya an old military hummer is better then a pickup but the new domestic hummers are big pieces of over priced crap

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-02-21, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Grimmblade
Vulcan your specs must be screwed, a diesel engine cant run on regular gasoline and vice versa. Ya an old military hummer is better then a pickup but the new domestic hummers are big pieces of over priced crap

A domestic hummer is not a hummer, like you said, they are big pieces of over priced crap.

MrVulcan
2003-02-22, 12:53 AM
lol, i just copied that off hummer.com :lol: i guess it means that it uses normal diesel fuel (vs some other kind???) but that is what their site had :p

And yes the H1 is sweet, the H2 is not a hummer, i dont know what it is or tries to be, but it is not a hummer

Dravz
2003-03-04, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by OmnipotentKiwi
A domestic hummer is not a hummer, like you said, they are big pieces of over priced crap.

Valius
2003-03-04, 06:47 PM
Man, has everyone been quoting me??
Anyhow, my dad was in the Army and he was always telling us how the hummers had to be fixed for this and repaired cause of that and what not. Then he actually took us to the Motor Pool and I got to see them, wood seats, the metal was pretty thin, the doors were wood with floopy plastic windows, it sounded pretty bad when he started it but I think the engine was in trouble at the time so :rolleyes:
What I was trying to get at is, the hummer would probably handle terrain better but one man with a rifle could take it out (least the ones I saw) the new ones may be better, I dunno my dad retired years ago so the military isn't part of my daily life anymore.

Aryeh
2003-03-04, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by wazzupi
first of all its common sense dont shoot when it has a shield duh secons you cant shoot with the shield on, i just made my point then when the shield is of blast it back to the its empire. _l_('_')_l_ ahhahahhahahahhahahahhahhahaahhaahaahahahaa

Originally posted by wazzupi
ahahah very funny bitch shtu up man just addmit the nc max special ability is not so [omg the tr max is cool big it got a shield that last longer than the other personel shileld and is stronger] big deal :ncsucks: :ncsucks:

:O_O: OMFG. Those have to be two of the most unintelligible posts I have ever had the misfortune of reading. If I were you, wazzupi, I'd shut up while I was far, far, behind. Oh, and by the way, you can shoot while the shield is up; it only reduces the rate of fire.

Lonehunter
2003-03-07, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by SilentCacophony
A hummer would own a Hick-up, hands down. That baby won Desert Storm.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the military uses Humvees. A Hummer is the civilian issue. :D