PDA

View Full Version : Vehicule markings

Iceman
2003-02-10, 03:35 AM
What happens when an 'enemy' vehicule is captured?

I know the original vehicule as the Outfit's marking on it (possibly a clan marking later?), but what happens if we capture an enemy ship? will it, once captured (hacked?) change color and marking? or will keep its orignal look and be of good use to an 'infiltration' or surgical/surprise strike against an unsuspecting enemy?

Although i am worried about the possible problems this might cause to the balance of the gameplay, it would still be neat to capture an enemy tank, and later infiltrate an enemy line and shoot the 'bastards' from behind... :)

Any comments on that?

Ludio
2003-02-10, 03:50 AM
When you hack a vehicle it changes over to your empires colors.

Kyonye
2003-02-10, 10:00 AM
ludio is correct. but to use it properly, you must have a cert in that field of vehicles.

Nomikahn
2003-02-10, 10:43 AM
I've been looking through a lot of screenshots, and watching a lot of videos. And, what I've come up with is that after you hack the vehicle, it turns neutral until someone who a certification to drive, or pilot the vehicle gets into it and sets the new priveleges. I'm not sure, but thats just what it seems like to me.

Iceman
2003-02-10, 11:19 AM
Hmmm no Covert ops i guess :D

Cao_Cao
2003-02-10, 11:24 AM
if you watch the vids/ screen shots of the old beta it didn't change it kept the empires.

Iceman
2003-02-10, 11:29 AM
*cross fingers*

Deadlock
2003-02-10, 12:15 PM
ive seen a bunch of screens with nc guys jumpin into vanu hover buggies and they stay purple but im sure those shots are old and thinks have probably changed... although im personally hoping they dont change... but its all good until u try to go see some buddies and they blow u away thinkin ur the bad guys

ABRAXAAS
2003-02-12, 06:38 PM
It wouldnt make sence that they changed on the field when you hop in but it would make sence if they changed after being stored

Civilian
2003-02-12, 06:45 PM
One of the large Gamespot videos shows a scene where a TR soldier is jumping into both a NC tank and mosquito. If you haven't seen it, check Kazaa.

It is NC until the player walks up to the vehicle and as soon as the animation begins of him entering the vehicle, said vehicle turns TR.