PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft/geforce/blackouts/ect???

Titus
2003-02-10, 11:34 AM
I am realy wondering about the flight model...now I have heard alot of people includeing the info off the shout cast..say the flight model was like tribes now I have no clue because I have never played these games. I am a large on game like IL2 and wwiionline with a complex flight and damage system..now my question are

Is the handle and range of motion like helicopters and or Harrier Jump jets..?

Is Gforce a factor on the aircraft/pilots handeling?

Can you blackout?

Dose damage effect handeling?

Can you have mid air collisions?

Can you Bailout....dose a PARACHUTE open or ?

what happens when you are nocked out of the sky...do you explode in mid air, go down in a ball of flames?

Can you hover and fire your weapons at the same time?

Can you clip trees/bulding and lose controle..

I have these and many other I am wondering so in any one can fill in the gaps would be great:confused:

HotDogTommy
2003-02-10, 11:38 AM
the only question that i can answer is:yes, you can bail out. but now parachutes. kinetic dampeners instead.

Civilian
2003-02-10, 11:42 AM
I'm gonna say No on the blackouts. This isn't one of those games that's shooting for ultimate realism.

Yes, you can have mid-air collisions(I think).

Damage probably doesn't affect handling(I guess).

SJ, said it was similar to T2's vehicle system. I recommend checking it out :p

*All of the things included in my answers are basically guesses, so don't quote me*

mistled
2003-02-10, 11:45 AM
I haven't been following the aircraft very closely, but I'll tell you what I can and others can fill in the rest. :)
The aircraft in Tribes were like boats. So don't think fighter jet, think speed boat... or maybe pontoon boat would be more accurate. :(

I haven't heard anything about Gforces affecting anything, nor about blackouts, so I'm assuming that they don't and you can't.

Don't know about damage affecting handling, but when you're already flying a boat, let's hope not. :)

When you bail out, I think your kenetic dampeners kick in automatically. So no parachutes in PS, they aren't needed.

I've always assumed that you could collide with other aircraft, but don't remember anyone ever asking.

I also don't think you can hover. I'm not sure if this applies to all the aircraft, but I thought I heard someone complaining that they wanted to hover and couldn't last week.

So there is your short list of aircraft I don't knows from someone who will probably never fly an aircraft. :)

Mopo
2003-02-10, 11:48 AM
Considering these things hover and stuff, I doubt there will be realistic flight things.

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-02-10, 11:52 AM
Is the handle and range of motion like helicopters and or Harrier Jump jets..?
No, especially the Galaxy, the flight module is probably going to feel a lot more like you are forcing the vehicle rather then a nimble hellicopter/jet

Is Gforce a factor on the aircraft/pilots handeling?
Can you blackout?
They haven't mentioned it, but I can almost guarantee no, this borders on insanely too much realism

Dose damage effect handeling?
Doubt it, read above.

Can you have mid air collisions?
Yes, 100% positive too, and it most likely will kill you and the vehicle. They crashed two Galaxies together to test the extremes of the grief system as that is up to 29 friendly kills, plus the galaxy you destroy.

[/quote]Can you Bailout....dose a PARACHUTE open or ?[/quote]
Yes, as stated there are kinetic dampeners, but they aren't usable 100% of the time.

what happens when you are nocked out of the sky...do you explode in mid air, go down in a ball of flames?
Almost positive it is down in a ball of flame.

Can you hover and fire your weapons at the same time?
Yes, you can, it has been shown in some of the gamespot vids.

Can you clip trees/bulding and lose controle..
All objects are like running into a wall, so if part of your vehicle barely hits into any object, it would be like that part of the vehicle hitting a brick wall, not a good thing.