PDA

View Full Version : Pheonix rocket

CystmGlytch
2003-02-10, 11:57 AM
Ok so i heard from the dev chat on friday that you will be in control of the rocket when you fire it and you will actually leave your body. Talk about being defense-less! what happens if you start getting shot up when you launch the rocket and die? Do you lose control of the rocket? or can you change the rockets desired target and find the person that killed you?

mistled
2003-02-10, 12:01 PM
I don't think it's ever been mentioned what happens if you are shot while using it. But consider that if you are using such a weapon in real life, your eyes are in a viewscreen. You really are defenseless. You can't effectively be controlling the rocket while looking around. You'll just have to either make sure the coast is clear before you fire, or have some buddies standing around you to either warn you about an enemy or kill the enemy for you.

Kyonye
2003-02-10, 12:04 PM
if this is true, they might enhance your shield so you have a better chance of surviving. best thing to do is to sit back a little away from the battle and fire away. you should probably make sure that you have someone else with you.

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-02-10, 12:16 PM
if this is true, they might enhance your shield so you have a better chance of surviving.
I doubt they will do that. If you fire a missle, I doubt you should be anywhere near shooting range for anything but a sniper, and also, it is a risk ya take.

Deadlock
2003-02-10, 12:27 PM
the pheonix has a dumb fire option too i believe so when u need to pop one off in the middle of a battel u do it that way but u use the targeting system as more of a sniper tatic.... one hell of a sniper tatic

Kyonye
2003-02-10, 12:30 PM
you never know omnipotentkiwi.

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-02-10, 12:34 PM
You can also turn off the chase mode on the rocket at any time and just turn it to dumbfire in case you are under fire.

MrVulcan
2003-02-10, 12:36 PM
I see this as being the only real artillery in the game =) I know that I am going to use it in my assaults that I plan (group 1 all fire rockets, kill defenders at (X,Y,Z) and then hit =) Or as anti air! Try and out fly a remote rocket =P I see this rocket as the best rocket by far.

Mopo
2003-02-10, 12:37 PM
I highly doubt many people will be using them, anyways. Considering you wouldnt have a secondary assault rifle when theres infantry around instead of vehicles.

HopperWolf
2003-02-10, 01:15 PM
that why you group a rocket with a couple peeps to defend

Nomikahn
2003-02-10, 01:26 PM
I see the Striker, as a more suffecient Av-weapon. Phoenix is nice because of the concealment and being able to guide over hills, but you have to consider the amount of nano (fuel) it will have and how obvious it will be to follow the trail of smoke back to the launcher. I would rather take the rockletts in the Striker, and have fast access to ammunition.