PDA

View Full Version : Working on transcription

PrivateMonkey
2003-02-10, 02:34 PM
I am currently working with someone else on a text transcription of the chat. We have only completed about 20 minutes of it so far, but only started yesterday. He is doing the first hour and I'm doing the second. In either case, I just wanted to put this out there and see if anyone else has already done this. I'd hate to transcribe the whole thing word for word, only to find out somebody already did it.

Also, would anyone be interested in transcribing a part of it? It's a hell of a lot of work, but you'd be surprised how much you find out by going through it word by word. Dave let a lot of things "slip", so to speak, and you'd never notice it unless you actually transcribed it (or read the transcription)

If you are interested then reply, and we can arrange for what section you will transcribe.

TeamR
2003-02-10, 04:11 PM
I'd host it or at least feature it at psl. check the link in my sig.

PrivateMonkey
2003-02-10, 04:13 PM
Since it was PSU's chat, they'd have first dibs on it. But you can link to thier site when they host it.

TeamR
2003-02-10, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by PrivateMonkey
Since it was PSU's chat, they'd have first dibs on it. But you can link to thier site when they host it.

hence the name
lol
:p

Hamma
2003-02-10, 05:06 PM
Yea I will be posting it in the form of an article :D

PrivateMonkey
2003-02-10, 05:41 PM
Just to humble you, it will be over 40 pages long in MS word, single spaced 12 point font. And no, I'm not going to arrange it by subject ;). You did that more or less anyway in the order of questions.

Diego
2003-02-10, 05:47 PM
PrivateMonkey,

Nice thinking, if you need help, give me a time frame, I'd be more than happy to help you.

Just let me know. ;)

(PM or whatever)

Hamma
2003-02-10, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by PrivateMonkey
Just to humble you, it will be over 40 pages long in MS word, single spaced 12 point font. And no, I'm not going to arrange it by subject ;). You did that more or less anyway in the order of questions.
Yea, that was our plan with the questions lol :D

Venom
2003-02-10, 06:18 PM
I can help do it too....i have nothing better to do. Just let me know which part of the chat you want me to copy down.

PrivateMonkey
2003-02-11, 12:25 AM
Well, I already finished my hour (the second one). I'm not sure how my buddy is doing on the first hour, but if you want to be safe you can try transcribing the last 10 minutes of the first hour. I doubt he's gotten to it yet.