PDA

View Full Version : thievery...

PlasticGEAR
2003-02-10, 03:28 PM
so can you sneak around the enemies base and break into their lockers and take all their stuff? I mean if you can hack electrical doors, id think you break into a little metal locker and grab some goods.

Falcon
2003-02-10, 03:33 PM
no, I don't belive that you can go into other people's lockers unless you have hacking skills, also if your sitting there hacking a locker don't you think that someone will notice you? lol and then :sniper: :blowup:

Jaged
2003-02-10, 03:47 PM
If you could than you could just blow up the spawn tubes and secure the base. If you left it technicly in the other teams possesion, then you could hack everyones locker with ease.

Zatrais
2003-02-10, 04:11 PM
You can hack the lockers in an enemy held base and access your own locker.

If you know how the EQ banks works, thats how locker works.

Lillemanden
2003-02-10, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Destroyeron
EEEEEKkkk!!!!! sweet! Onwards men! lets take that base!
I think you misunderstood Zatrais... He didn't say that you could steal from the enemy.
Anyway Zatrais are you sure this is posible? (hacking the lockers to gain access to your own)
Or and just on the topic, lockers are global right? As in if you store something in you locker at base A you can access the the thing in you locker at base b. Not realistic, but more practical.
Anyone know how it'll be?

Zatrais
2003-02-10, 04:44 PM
If you listen to the AGN chat you'll hear that lockers work like your example Lille. He dosn't say it outright but theres no other way the lockers can work going by the wording that SJ uses.

Flameseeker
2003-02-10, 04:44 PM
Lockers are global. I hope they change the hacking thing. How do you "hack" a locker? Wouldn't you have a hacker-proof code input thing on it? Why don't the hackers just hack a nearby terminal. I don't want to have to keep refilling my locker because it got hacked.

Zatrais
2003-02-10, 04:47 PM
You don't hack into an enemy locker, you hack open your own locker in an enemy held base. You can't walk up and use lockers in enemy held bases, you have to hack open the locker and the locker you hack open is your own global locker.

Fire_Monkey
2003-02-10, 04:47 PM
I assume that you will be able to take their stuff. That would be very cool. Too bad all the hackers will be in infiltration suits and they won't be able to carry home their finds.

edit- you bastards posted before me

Lillemanden
2003-02-10, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Flameseeker
Wouldn't you have a hacker-proof code input thing on it?
You try to write a code that grants access to the owner and nobody else ;) Could get you very rich...
Anyway I understood it that way to Zatrais, cause else you would have to store equipment at every base. But as you say, Dave didn't say it..

Deadlock
2003-02-10, 05:07 PM
why hack the locker when u can just kill for what u want?

for example... this guy wants the sign so...

:sniper: :nazi:

�io
2003-02-10, 05:20 PM
I'd assume you can hack and steal from an enemy's locker yeah, it would be kinda weird if you can hack/steal everything (vehicles, bases, terminals, coffins) but not lockers.

Flameseeker
2003-02-10, 05:46 PM
The system "Pitbull" was pitted against the hacking community. No one got through it. Also, after listening to interview, I have concluded that lockers are empire-controlled. You can hack a Vanu Locker to turn into an NC locker, so you can get your stuff out of an enemy base. I'm 90% sure that's what they meant.

Diego
2003-02-10, 05:53 PM
Flameseeker has a good point, although I think you:

Get the option to Either 1) Use Your Locker, 2) Hack Current Locker and "loot" it.

As far as I know, you CAN hack lockers, I could be wrong, but thats what I've learned. :)

I'll go over some Dev Interviews and what not, try to get the real answer. If mine isn't right.. :D

Lillemanden
2003-02-10, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Dio
I'd assume you can hack and steal from an enemy's locker yeah, it would be kinda weird if you can hack/steal everything (vehicles, bases, terminals, coffins) but not lockers.
But then then the lockers had to be not only local, but each player would need to have a specific locker at each base and tower. You would need somthing like a million lockers per server, at least.

Derv
2003-02-10, 08:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can't access anyones locker but your own. If these work anything like banks in AO and EQ then you will only be able to store stuff in the locker that you can access from any locker on the globe that you can use.

Hacking a locker in an enemy base lets you use the locker so that you can access anything that you might have stored in it. I'm pretty sure that you can't hack into an enemy locker to access "someone elses" locker, because in an enemy base, there isn't a locker for each person, it's player specific.

Therefore if Bob open's the locker, who is on the enemy team, the "stuff" that is in the locker will be different from what is in it when Karl, who is also on the enemy team opens the locker. So why when you hack into a locker would you be able to loot someone elses stuff when there is no way to determine whose stuff it is?

Main Point : Lockers are universal: What each player sees in the same locker is different: You can't access another player's "stuff": When you hack a locker you can access your "stuff" from an enemy controlled locker

Derv
2003-02-10, 08:56 PM
Please tell me if I'm wrong in what I have gathered in my information here =).

PlasticGEAR
2003-02-11, 08:19 AM
well if you could hack a locker, then you could hack a terminal and run back to the locker and shove all the enemies stuff in your locker, and say you have MAX armor in your locker in infiltrate in the suit, hack a locker, slip into the MAX, and go to a terminal hack to get stuff go back to your locker, and put the stuff in. probably easier said than done.

HRR Raven
2003-02-16, 07:20 PM
Very nice tactical potential. Sneak with an Infultration Suit, hack a locker, then swap it out for an anti-infantry max;) A squad of guys does this, and then you have a good shot of taking the control room, because it'd be pretty confusing to not know where the enemy maxes are in the base that you thought was yours;)

Tobias
2003-02-16, 07:58 PM
Oks the facts (or lies I just made up, one of the two, you decide)

Lockers are Global.

Your goods in a Locker are YOURS, no one can get stuff out of it but you.

If you Hack a locker it just makes it so you can use it to get some goods out. It does not allow you to steal other peoples stuff.

Hot Vanu chicks are hotter then the NC hippies and way phater then the fat TR 'Ladies.'

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-02-16, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Tobias
Oks the facts (or lies I just made up, one of the two, you decide)

Lockers are Global.

Your goods in a Locker are YOURS, no one can get stuff out of it but you.

If you Hack a locker it just makes it so you can use it to get some goods out. It does not allow you to steal other peoples stuff.

Hot Vanu chicks are hotter then the NC hippies and way phater then the fat TR 'Ladies.'

I didn't read this thread, because it is long on a fairly simple topic, but Tobias is 100% correct.

Yes, even the last part.

Subliminal
2003-02-17, 12:02 AM
i know this goes off topic but since so many people are talking about what the devs have said and such my question is- How many devs are their? It cant be a small team working on such a huge game

MrVulcan
2003-02-17, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Tobias

sorry, but I dont like robots as dates, ill be more than happy to take some chick that knows how to have fun, thanks ;)

:ncrocks: