PDA

View Full Version : Mods fo Weapons?

mponciu
2003-02-11, 05:22 PM
It would be cool if you could put a suppressor or bigger clip on the weapons. Does anyone know if you can add mods to your weapon?:confused:

Flameseeker
2003-02-11, 05:30 PM
All you can do is give it different ammo. There are regular rounds and AP rounds. I think that's just about it.

DuDeMaN
2003-02-11, 05:59 PM
Flameseeker got it mostly right. All you can do is add different ammo types. For bullets, there are 3 different ammo types, normal, AP, and aggravated. Not all weapons have access to all ammo types. Now, with some weapons that fire explosive ammo, such as the Punisher's secondary fire, and the grenade launcher (forgot the name) there are many different types of ammo available. The Punisher can fire a high explosive rocket, as well as a few grenade types. From what I have learned, ammo is the only way you can modify a gun's capabilities through buying things at an inventory.

Flameseeker
2003-02-11, 06:06 PM
What are aggravated bullets? Never heard of those b4....

SandTrout
2003-02-11, 07:11 PM
There are only 2 kinds of bullets, normal and AP. Dont know where you get the aggrivated thing from.

There are 3 types of grenades too though, Frag, Jammer, and Plasma. There is also 1 small rocket used in the punnisher and rocklet.

CrazyMike
2003-02-11, 07:13 PM
I guess agravated bullets are the ones that not only kill you, but thier not very happy about having to do it?

CrazyMike

Kyonye
2003-02-11, 07:45 PM
counts Vanu out for the ammo selection.

Lexington_Steele
2003-02-11, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Flameseeker
What are aggravated bullets? Never heard of those b4....
I think some weapon have damageover time (like burning) effect on things they hit. I think they meant aggregated rather than agrevated.

DuDeMaN
2003-02-11, 09:22 PM
Im not exactly sure what the 3rd bullet type is, I heard people talking about it before and I thought it would make me seem smart. But I guess people were just being weird or something, so just completely disregard my comment about aggrevated bullets :P

SandTrout
2003-02-11, 09:44 PM
Ohhhhh... that aggrivated. That refers to plasma 'nades, not a normal ammo type.

Plasma doesn't do much damage at first, but it does damage countiunousely for a while like being on fire. It is also the main anti-vehicle grenade because of this.

There is no plasma round for assault rifles or rockets.

quiet
2003-02-11, 10:08 PM
This could be totally wrong, but . . .

I think, someplace, somewhere, a dev once mentioned aggravated ammo, I don't think they were talking about nades.
I thought aggravated ammo = anti-ppersonnel = standard.

I looked but couldn't find where I read it, maybe I'm hallucinating. ;)

Hell, even if I'm wrong it would sort of explain what Dudeman heard.

Falcon
2003-02-11, 10:19 PM
the third ammo is the energy cells for the VS

CDaws
2003-02-12, 12:03 AM
There was a post joking about aggravated bees as ammo a while back.

TheGreatCarbini
2003-02-12, 03:14 AM
haha Bee weaponry.:) From terible thunder lizards remember?

Hamma
2003-02-12, 07:17 AM
Yea I dont think there is a 3rd ammo type heh.