PDA

View Full Version : MAX q

Subliminal
2003-02-11, 08:07 PM
Ok now that ive looked at the MAX's all pretty carefully I have a few questions:

Wont these MAX's render non MAXed infantry like uhhh useless and weak? I mean yes they WILL dominate the frontlines IMO but then if everyones using a mech the fun of being able to switch all your weps and whatnot well its gone. Is there any reasn not to be a MAX if your not going to be a pilot? Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me

Subliminal
2003-02-11, 08:07 PM
btw yes ive chosen NC fo life baby

Arshune
2003-02-11, 08:09 PM
MAXes sacrifice versatility for the ability to focus on one aspect of combat. A normal infantryman could be both AV and AI, but a MAX has to pick just one. Plus MAXes are supposedly mad slow, so you probably wouldn't want to be one out in the open.

Flameseeker
2003-02-11, 08:12 PM
MAXes have slow turning rates, bad acceleration, slow starting speed, high top speed, and they can't be a medic or an engineer. Advantages to MAX: Heavy Armor, Heavy Weapons, Big Inventory, Fast Sprinting after you have ran for a while. That's it.
Disadvantages: Nade Magnet. Can't use Nano-Dispenser, Medical Applicator, REK, or ACE. I'm 60% sure they can't use nades either. They are rather slow, and they are big targets. They can't use vehicles. They can only ride in Galaxies and Sunderers. They can't fly planes. Silent Run is a MAX no-no. They can't zoom very far. Can't use normal weapons, stuck with reasonably powerful MAX weapons. Take a lot of Certs to use.

Looks balanced huh? :D

EDIT: DANG YOU ARSHUNE! :mad:

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-02-11, 08:13 PM
MAXes have NO flexability whatsoever. They are either anti-armor, anti-infantry, or anti-aircraft, and can serve no other purpse. On the otherhand, infantry can switch multiple weapons, and are far more manuverable. Also, MAXes can't use things like medical equipment or hacking, while infantry can.

Subliminal
2003-02-11, 08:14 PM
since i dont wanna make a new post for this how do you guys make your uber icons at the bottom?

Arshune
2003-02-11, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Flameseeker
Silent Run is a MAX no-no.

Didn't they say that MAXes can use any implant except melee booster?

Kyonye
2003-02-11, 08:17 PM
i think the Vanu max looks the coolest. they're all equal in different ways.

Flameseeker
2003-02-11, 08:21 PM
Subliminal, when you see a guy named Airlift post, he will have Sig Mastah! instead of "Soldier" or "Veteran" under his name. Ask him to make you one. When that's done, he will post it. Save it to your comp as a jpeg. Then, attach it to an email and send it to a BOHICA member. They are nice guys, and they will probably host it for you. If they host it, they will put a link in a post. Copy that into your signature. Sigs can be changed at user cp.

txMaddog
2003-02-11, 10:17 PM
MAX can use Silent run, but since it drains more Stamina the heavier the armor is you might not want to use it as it would probably drain Stamina too much.

mikkyT
2003-02-12, 05:15 AM
Is there any reasn not to be a MAX if your not going to be a pilot? Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me

If you wanna be a hacker or a scout, to name 2 other jobs... theres probably more.

:trsucks: :vssucks:

:usa: <- why cant we have flags for other countries dammit

Zatrais
2003-02-12, 05:50 AM
They have some versitility, for instance a TR AV MAX lobbing nades at infantry wouldn't be totaly ineffective not nearly as good as the MAX thats dedicated to the role tho..... It's not like they're stuck only beeing able to damage air, infantry or vehicles.

NeoTassadar
2003-02-12, 10:43 AM
They are also a reasonably sized target for AV weapons, so that (650?) armor will go fast against a balanced squad at medium range. Would be perfect in close quarters (bases) with AI weapons, but anyhwere else it will eat a lot of Lancer bolts :twisted:

MrVulcan
2003-02-12, 11:26 AM
I for 1 can see using the NC's Phoenix as a major Anti Max weapon. Just guide it to them at long range. Maxs wont have a chance =)

------------------
Me Big... Me Max... Ugh...

What that sound?

Oooooo Shiny light thing.....
*wham*
*ugh.....

*no more max*

**off in the distance**
"haha"

:lol:

PR24
2003-02-12, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by MrVulcan
I for 1 can see using the NC's Phoenix as a major Anti Max weapon. Just guide it to them at long range. Maxs wont have a chance =)

------------------

But I am willing to bet a AA MAX will be able to shoot the missle out of the sky.

MrVulcan
2003-02-12, 11:42 AM
good point, but i doubt it. We will have to see =)

If so, then I guess we will have to have a suicide galaxy or something fly in to give the missiles cover lol

That just sounds odd... a galaxy gives missiles cover.....

Croco
2003-02-12, 11:49 AM
I have heard that snipers are gona be a huge frustration for MAX players. But it's only what I have heard. :) I think MAX will be really awesome when u have them during a base invasion in narrow corridors where players can't hide so much. Only think about meeting a MAX in a narrow corridor where u can't run back. :) But they have also said that if u are a skilled enough u can bring one down even if it's hard (with nades or rockets or whatever).