PDA

View Full Version : [Repost] Star Wars: EP III Trailer

Hamma
2004-11-04, 05:41 PM
Although the trailer is available to only Hyperspace members, I was able to find this link at file rush.

It does require a bit torrent service for download.

WOOT

http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=swep3-480.mov

:D

Edit: It doesent actually require a torrent service, there is a direct download link there.

Jennyboo
2004-11-04, 05:48 PM
/me creams pants :brow: :drools: OH baby that made me so hot :brow:

Khronos
2004-11-04, 06:14 PM
/me creams pants :brow: :drools: OH baby that made me so hot :brow:

OMG 911 CALLING ALL CARS!!

Jennyboo
2004-11-04, 06:19 PM
:rofl: :brow:

Infernus
2004-11-04, 06:23 PM
Its so cool... I want... when is it due out?

Indecisive
2004-11-04, 06:25 PM
May 05, says so at the end of the trailer :p

Hamma
2004-11-04, 06:25 PM
It says at the end of the trailer, May 29 :p

Infernus
2004-11-04, 06:37 PM
... heh ... so I don't pay attention... sue me...

ChewyLSB
2004-11-04, 07:39 PM
Hmmm...

Well, as far as I can tell, the prequels have slowly been becoming less sucky. Episode 2 was better than Episode 1 (not that episode 2 touched any of the OT), so Ep. 3 should be better than ep. 2 at least.

Not really sure though, because the Ep. 2 trailer looked freakin awesome as well, so I don't want to judge Ep. 3 based on this trailer.

Then again, I hate George Lucas because he's a senile old hypocritical bastard who refuses to release the original cuts on DVD, so I may be slightly biased.

OfaLoaf
2004-11-04, 07:46 PM
ohmylordohmylordohmylord

whoa.

Biohazzard56
2004-11-04, 07:50 PM
Hmmm...

Well, as far as I can tell, the prequels have slowly been becoming less sucky. Episode 2 was better than Episode 1 (not that episode 2 touched any of the OT), so Ep. 3 should be better than ep. 2 at least.

Not really sure though, because the Ep. 2 trailer looked freakin awesome as well, so I don't want to judge Ep. 3 based on this trailer.

Then again, I hate George Lucas because he's a senile old hypocritical bastard who refuses to release the original cuts on DVD, so I may be slightly biased. Maybe there should be a special DVD edition for collectors but I dont see the big deal. OMGWTFBBQ VADER ISNT BLUE ANYMORE. I mean come on its still Original Trilogy Star Wars

ChewyLSB
2004-11-04, 07:57 PM
Maybe there should be a special DVD edition for collectors but I dont see the big deal. OMGWTFBBQ VADER ISNT BLUE ANYMORE. I mean come on its still Original Trilogy Star Wars

Maybe, just maybe, I just want to see the movie without gaping plot holes in it. Maybe I want to see without any of Lucas's ridiculous changes to it. Maybe I don't want to see George Lucas's "Original Vision" (which is an utter bullshit term, by the way).

Fact of the matter is, there is NO good reason to not release the original cut DVD's.

MrVicchio
2004-11-04, 08:19 PM
They will eb released, after he dies. Relax. Or shoot him now if you cannot wait, but then you would have to get a prison cell dvd player, and thats not cool :P

I cannot WAIT to see the trailer.. at home, with a real computer.

Great find Hamma.

Mannequin
2004-11-04, 08:35 PM
There is hope.

Pilgrim
2004-11-04, 08:39 PM
Jeok

Red October
2004-11-04, 09:39 PM
Just told my wife she could forget about sex tonite. I already had my orgasm.

AztecWarrior
2004-11-04, 10:24 PM
I'm not that impressed...but I'll see it anyway, just because it's Star Wars, and it's hyped up to be better than #2. And ANYTHING was better than #2.

I Hate Pants
2004-11-04, 11:04 PM
uhmmmmmmmmmmm, what do I click on to download it? :doh:

Lonehunter
2004-11-04, 11:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/LFCifer/umno.jpg
:D

Edit: It doesent actually require a torrent service, there is a direct download link there.
Where?

I Hate Pants
2004-11-05, 12:43 AM
here ye go everyone

http://www.generationxreviews.com/gxr/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=224

I guess george Lucas relaized he can't write a script and is sticking with a huge action flick.

martyr
2004-11-05, 01:52 AM
omg goosebumps

Sentrosi
2004-11-05, 04:36 AM
Maybe, just maybe, I just want to see the movie without gaping plot holes in it. Maybe I want to see without any of Lucas's ridiculous changes to it. Maybe I don't want to see George Lucas's "Original Vision" (which is an utter bullshit term, by the way).

Fact of the matter is, there is NO good reason to not release the original cut DVD's.

Ummm, yeah.

As one of Planetside-Universes premier Star Wars geeks, let me be the first to say that your quote "Maybe I want to see the movie without gaping plot holes in it" is rather funny. You would rather have your child watch the original 3 movies. Ok. How are you going to explain the following to the child?

At the end of Return of the Jedi when Luke sets fire to his father and the ghosts appear and it is not Hayden, how are you going to explain the fact that the person in his spot is 60 years older than what he should be?

And honestly, its 5:30am. I am tired and need to go to bed. I will think of more plot twists that the old ones have over the new ones and get back to you. And I do not take coloring the sky the same as it was in Episode 2 as a "plot twist".

Yes, I own the 3 Special releases on DVD, and I'm proud of it.

ChewyLSB
2004-11-05, 08:13 AM
Ummm, yeah.

As one of Planetside-Universes premier Star Wars geeks, let me be the first to say that your quote "Maybe I want to see the movie without gaping plot holes in it" is rather funny. You would rather have your child watch the original 3 movies. Ok. How are you going to explain the following to the child?

At the end of Return of the Jedi when Luke sets fire to his father and the ghosts appear and it is not Hayden, how are you going to explain the fact that the person in his spot is 60 years older than what he should be?

And honestly, its 5:30am. I am tired and need to go to bed. I will think of more plot twists that the old ones have over the new ones and get back to you. And I do not take coloring the sky the same as it was in Episode 2 as a "plot twist".

Yes, I own the 3 Special releases on DVD, and I'm proud of it.

Oh, trust me, I'm a huge Star Wars geek. (Went to Universal Studios when it was Star Wars week, didn't get onto Star Wars Millionaire, but knew the answer to every question that was asked up to 500,000, when the guy there lost).

In case you haven't realized, it makes 10 times more sense to have the original actor (I feel retarded since I don't know his name) playing the ghost rather than Hayden Christensen. Why?

In case you haven't realized, only light side Jedi's become force ghosts. So why would Anakin Skywalker appear as a brash, young Jedi, when he was basically a dark side jedi?

In case you didn't realize, Luke's mission during all of RoTJ was to convert Anakin back to the light side. So, basically, what George Lucas is now saying, is that Luke Skywalker utterly failed in his mission, as Anakin Skywalker appears in his younger, dark side form, rather than his form right before he died, when Luke converts him back to the light side.

There are so many other plot holes in the new "Special-er Editions", and if you really want me to, I can list all of them. Beyond that, there are so many utterly retarded scenes which did not need to be changed (The Emporer-Vader scene in ESB).

I have no problems with minor cosmetic changes. Go ahead, add windows to Cloud City, make Mos Eisley look better, there's no problem with that. However, when you go RAPING old movies by digitally replacing actors with new actors, especially when he didn't ****ing direct two of the movies, that's when you cross the line. This becomes ESPECIALLY true when both the directors of ESB and RoTJ are DEAD and can't even be consultants for the Special Editions.

Hamma
2004-11-05, 10:35 AM
Why the hell would you want thte original original on dvd when they fixed it up? lol

ChewyLSB
2004-11-05, 10:44 AM
Because I'd rather watch the movies without any of George Lucas's ridiculous changes. It doesn't really matter, because I still have my Original's on VHS, and they're still alright, but I don't know how much longer they can last.

I may have to resort to bootleg DVD's of the Original, but... well I don't feel like pulling a Corrosion.

Glaynor
2004-11-05, 10:50 AM
I loved the trailer, and am psyched as all hell to see the movie. I grew up being a Star Wars freak. It was the first 'adult' movie that I ever saw at the ripe age of four. I can't wait for the new movie. It finally looks like there will be a great star wars prequel.

Hamma
2004-11-05, 10:50 AM
He didnt really change anything.. he added a few scenes and remnoved the strings you could see when things flew around in space.

ChewyLSB
2004-11-05, 10:54 AM
He didnt really change anything.. he added a few scenes and remnoved the strings you could see when things flew around in space.

1. Make Vader sound like a ****ing retard who doesn't know he stole Amidala's virginity in ESB. ("How can that be possible?" "Well, you see Vader, when a man and woman love each other a lot..."
2. Digitally replace the original ghost at the end of RoTJ with Hayden Christensen, thus destroying the entire point of Luke's mission in RoTJ.
3. Add the Jabba the hutt scene in ANH, which completely contradicts the Greedo scene.
4. Make Greedo shoot first, or in the DVD's, at the same time, which doesn't make any sense and ruins Han's character.
5. Add more to the ending celebration scene, which was a scene that didn't make sense in the first place, and just make it worse.
6. Basically, just **** around with classic movies, two of which he didn't even direct.

I would have no problem if he would just add an option to watch the movies from their original cuts in Special Features...

Hamma
2004-11-05, 10:56 AM
Man.. it's just a movie. Not to mention the fact, he owns star wars so he can do with it what he wants :p

:rofl:

ChewyLSB
2004-11-05, 11:00 AM
Man.. it's just a movie. Not to mention the fact, he owns star wars so he can do with it what he wants :p

:rofl:

Like I said before, he didn't direct ESB or RoTJ. The directors of those two movies are DEAD, and he can't even consult them, so he has no right to change the movies.

I still have yet to see a good reason to not release the original cuts on DVD's. I mean, hell, George Lucas is one of the biggest hypocrites I know. (Check sig)

Tell me, why haven't any other directors felt the sudden urge to completely rework films? Gone With The Wind, for example, why didn't they make Chicago more realistic? Because doing things like that would completely ruin the "classic-ness" of these films.

Lonehunter
2004-11-05, 12:39 PM
Like I said before, he didn't direct ESB or RoTJ. The directors of those two movies are DEAD, and he can't even consult them, so he has no right to change the movies.
he owns star wars so he can do with it what he wants :p

:nod:

I Hate Pants
2004-11-05, 01:18 PM
Who dat????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/i_hate_pants/sith_10.jpg

:huh:

Sentrosi
2004-11-05, 01:21 PM
In case you haven't realized...
In case you haven't realized...

In case you didn't realize, Luke's mission during all of RoTJ was to convert Anakin back to the light side. So, basically, what George Lucas is now saying, is that Luke Skywalker utterly failed in his mission, as Anakin Skywalker appears in his younger, dark side form, rather than his form right before he died, when Luke converts him back to the light side.

Apparently I have not realized. However, I'm forced to go Darth Maul on that above post.

Failed? Nah, I don't see that at all. He brought back his Father. His father is Hayden Christiansen, face and all. Not Bernard Shaw. Replacing Bernard Shaw shows that Luke DID succeed in bringing his father back from the Dark Side.

But, apparently I do not realize, so I'll stop pandering to your unique Jediness.

EarlyDawn
2004-11-05, 01:32 PM
I tend to agree with Chewy. FORCING you to watch it in the new form with no option to watch it as it was originally is rather... idiotic.

Sentrosi
2004-11-05, 02:06 PM
Who is forcing anyone to go out and purchase the DVDs? Not me. Not George Lucas.

ChewyLSB
2004-11-05, 06:04 PM
Apparently I have not realized. However, I'm forced to go Darth Maul on that above post.

Failed? Nah, I don't see that at all. He brought back his Father. His father is Hayden Christiansen, face and all. Not Bernard Shaw. Replacing Bernard Shaw shows that Luke DID succeed in bringing his father back from the Dark Side.

But, apparently I do not realize, so I'll stop pandering to your unique Jediness.

Yes, I do like the phrase "In case you haven't realized..." Sue me.

Actually, by showing Hayden Christensen, it shows that Luke utterly failed in his mission. A force ghost is, like I said before, only for light side jedi's, so by showing Hayden Christensen, it shows that Luke DIDN'T convert Vader back to the light side, as the ghost should take the form of the last time that Vader was light side. By showing Hayden Christensen, it shows that Luke didn't convert Anakin back to the light side, and makes it appear as though the last time he was a light side jedi was when he was young.

Hamma
2004-11-05, 09:31 PM
You know.. movies lose their fun when people over analyze them :(

ChewyLSB
2004-11-05, 09:49 PM
Who is forcing anyone to go out and purchase the DVDs? Not me. Not George Lucas.

Before this thread gets locked for derailing, I wanted to respond to this.

What about people who enjoy the originals more than the SE's? Like me, for example. Sure, I have more original VHS's, and that's great, but eventually, those VHS's are going to break, and then I'm just ****ed. There is absolutely no way to legally get the original's anymore.

Hamma
2004-11-05, 09:58 PM
naw I wont lock it, it could be worse. :D

Infernus
2004-11-05, 10:15 PM
You know.. movies lose their fun when people over analyze them :(

Yep...

Derfud
2004-11-05, 11:02 PM
Chewy, anakin's ghost is in his younger form, yet before he was seduced by the dark side. As another one of the premiere starwars nerds in this forum I can also verify that lucas doesnt need to consult directors, hell, there is nothing ethically wrong with it. Why? He wrote starwars, he doesnt need any more permission. Also the whole Hayden Christensen thing makes sense when you think about it. The other guy who originally played anakin's ghost was never in any of the movies? He was only ever in that very last scene.

On a final note, I can also verify that this is indeed an ewok:
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=humor/newspics/rots-ewok_teaser.jpg

Corrosion
2004-11-05, 11:09 PM
I don't feel like pulling a Corrosion.
Is that a verb now?

I Hate Pants
2004-11-06, 12:07 AM
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=humor/newspics/rots-ewok_teaser.jpgare you shitting me?????? talk about wasting your life. I wonder if the guy watched the trailer frame by frame to stumble across that.

That really ruined the coolness of the trailer

Derfud
2004-11-06, 12:16 AM
It may have just caught his eye when he first watched it, then went back and did it frame by frame.

Sputty
2004-11-06, 01:12 AM
I don't see it

ChewyLSB
2004-11-06, 06:15 AM
Chewy, anakin's ghost is in his younger form, yet before he was seduced by the dark side. As another one of the premiere starwars nerds in this forum I can also verify that lucas doesnt need to consult directors, hell, there is nothing ethically wrong with it. Why? He wrote starwars, he doesnt need any more permission. Also the whole Hayden Christensen thing makes sense when you think about it. The other guy who originally played anakin's ghost was never in any of the movies? He was only ever in that very last scene.

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=humor/newspics/rots-ewok_teaser.jpg

Tell me then, why didn't the other two ghosts appear in their younger form? Why not have Obi-Wan being played by Ewan McGregor? It doesn't make any sense to only have one of the three ghosts show up in the second to last time they were on the light side, and have the other two ghosts show up the last time they were light side jedi's.

Hamma
2004-11-06, 12:19 PM
I don't see it
Me either.