PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh to bad pilots

KeviN
2003-02-11, 08:50 PM
Just wandering, if you were piloting a galaxy, with a full squad onboard, and you crashed (not shot down, but crashed) would you get the 13 (or whatever the crew # is) grief points?

Flameseeker
2003-02-11, 08:52 PM
The Devs said something about this. Cuz crashing that would give you like 20k grief points, banning you instantly. They are tweaking grief system, don't worry.

Arshune
2003-02-11, 08:52 PM
They mentioned this in the dev interview the other day...they said that crashing a galaxy gave enough grief points to cause an instant ban the way they had it and they needed to tweak it. Other than that, I don't know. I think it'll be something you'll want to avoid though, making that many people mad can't be good for business.

Edit: Now dang YOU, Flameseeker...

KeviN
2003-02-11, 08:55 PM
Ok, thanks guys, just wanted to find out, before, umm.. Anything bad happened. :angel:

Zetre
2003-02-11, 09:00 PM
that would really be funny. You get banned for life because your cat suddenly ate your mouse cord, hehehehe

ABRAXAAS
2003-02-11, 09:09 PM
I dont think the galaxy instantly explodes upon scraping the ground I think it kinda skims a bit first ,but i could be wrong

KeviN
2003-02-11, 09:11 PM
That's not good, I got two cats! They could chew up the mouse and keyboard connections. :P Over Voice Chat: We are nearing our destination, prepare to jump when the- meow! BAD KITTY! *static*

SpaceDrake
2003-02-11, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by KeviN
Over Voice Chat: We are nearing our destination, prepare to jump when the- meow! BAD KITTY! *static*

That wouldn't be too bad - this'd be the indication that it's time to jump out. Regardless of where you are. :p

God, I hope that happens to me (runaway Galaxy via kitty, I mean) just so I can brag about it. :D

ABRAXAAS
2003-02-11, 09:26 PM
I hope theres a emergency eject light and sound that the pilot can activate in an emergency

Observer105
2003-02-11, 09:53 PM
:) ;) Good thinking...a light might help

*DING*, the pilot is no longer available
*DING* THE PILOT IS DEAD

Falcon
2003-02-11, 10:17 PM
lol i have anidea to fix your cat from eating your mouse cord...

get a logitech MX700 it's wireless and extremely sexy!!! it's definately worth the $ for it. i have one

Gilgamesh
2003-02-11, 10:29 PM
Not so much worried about cat getting my mouse, but did you know that Windows operating system can lock up, or crash aka Blue Screen of Death? i know its a very rare occurence as Windows is such a stable system (sarcasm).

also, I know this will never happen to anyone but me, but sometimes I loose my IP connection, ill just be playing along and for a minute or two, all data slows or stops between my pc and server. and sometimes have had the really bad luck of just loosing IP all together.

dont worry, i dont intend to fly a Galaxy or any other transport.
and i know that my pilot wont suffer from the risks that i have.

TheGreatCarbini
2003-02-11, 10:46 PM
Gilgamesh do you have Windows 2000? I haven't had a crash in forever with it.

Aryeh
2003-02-12, 01:19 AM
That's not good, I got two cats! They could chew up the mouse and keyboard connections. :P Over Voice Chat: We are nearing our destination, prepare to jump when the- meow! BAD KITTY! *static*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: OMFG! I don't know why I found that so funny, but that idea just cracks me up.

KabuX
2003-02-12, 02:55 AM
I think a tk forgive system like they have in some CS mods would solve this problem.

If they tweak it in such a way that an actual griefer pilot does go around loading up galaxies to crash and has only a light penalty for it that would be a bad thing.

TheGreatCarbini
2003-02-12, 03:20 AM
Also remember that intra-squad FF doesn't count. So if your galaxy crew is also your squad members, which i assume maybey 60ish percent of the time will be, you won't get any grief points.

Subliminal
2003-02-12, 05:47 AM
when you guys said "jump" where you just kidding around or is there parachutes in the game?

Ludio
2003-02-12, 06:51 AM
Kinetic Dampeners. They activate automatically to dampen your fall.

Diego
2003-02-12, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by -=Falcon=-

get a logitech MX700 it's wireless and extremely sexy!!! it's definately worth the $ for it. i have one

Wireless = Bad Relay for Gaming

Even though it is new, fast, super technology, it still has flaws and they will bite you in the ass in the worse way. I suggest a Logitech Duel-Man Optical or the MX500, both corded.

Don't worry about the damn cat, if you've gone this long, it won't effect you in months to come. :)

LesserShade
2003-02-12, 01:13 PM
wireless mice are great... but with my luck, i'd pilot the transport and my mouse batteries would die. That has happened in 2 ladder matches so far, and i've only had my mouse for 2 months =p

NapalmEnima
2003-02-12, 03:02 PM
Don't forget that you don't get grief for damage done to squad members. So up to 9 of your passengers don't count. If the vehicle is owned by a squad member, IT doesn't count...

But you could skill get quite a bit o' grief.

AND REMEMBER: 1 point of damage to friendly person/equipment = 1 grief point. Armor, vehicle, health... doesn't matter.

So if you manage to completely destroy a friendly heavy tank, you'll be swimming in grief points... but you really had to work at it to do so.

Make sense to me.

Validuz
2003-02-12, 03:06 PM
I hope there are severe penalties for crashing transports. And when I say severe, I mean SEVERE. People that crash em aren't the guys that actually work and don't want to waste them own hard-earned money. It's the people(kids) that have their parents pay the bill every month, and could give a flying fuck.

I think crashing one of the transports should result in a 3-day ban(at bare minimal).

I don't want morons flying us around and purposefully wrecking the ppl, or even accidently crashing, no reason for it... if you can't fly, then DONT.

Hamma
2003-02-12, 03:40 PM
When the pilot dies or disconnects the galaxy autolands.

Validuz
2003-02-12, 03:52 PM
Thats fucking awesome Hamma... sweet!

Fenix
2003-02-12, 04:12 PM
i reckon if there were a pilot who killed a squad of 13 guys then that pilot would have 2 be awfally s#*t a flying

:trrocks:

:ncsucks:

Gilgamesh
2003-02-12, 05:17 PM
mmmm, id want to know whos flying my Galaxy, if i get on and the pilot says "Thank you for flying Bin Laden Airways" im jumping off.

Iceman
2003-02-12, 05:28 PM

LOL

Man i've been laughing my ass off for an hour now... can't stop! thats some funny shit ;)

Really need Voice-over-net for this game.

Validuz
2003-02-12, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Gilgamesh
mmmm, id want to know whos flying my Galaxy, if i get on and the pilot says "Thank you for flying Bin Laden Airways" im jumping off.

Haha... soo funny...

No.

Observer105
2003-02-12, 09:11 PM
That would suxors if all of a sudden the galaxy flew into a mountain because the pilot had connection problems.....I can imagine the frustration :p

KeviN
2003-02-12, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Hamma
When the pilot dies or disconnects the galaxy autolands.

Uhh... Hamma... What might exactly happen if the pilot were to disconnect over water? Would they all drown? Swim for it?

KeviN
2003-02-12, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by -=Falcon=-

Falcon, I've got a wireless, but the reciever port for the mouse still has a wire to the 'puter, which means the cats can still chew something.

Hamma
2003-02-12, 09:39 PM
I doubt it just drops straight out of the sky... I'm sure it is smart enough to find a valid landing zone :p

KeviN
2003-02-12, 09:42 PM
Are there any tiny islands out in the sea? It could land there, and a Survivor series could start.

Hamma
2003-02-12, 09:44 PM
:huh:

If your flying too far out in the ocean you deserve to die. :)

Observer105
2003-02-12, 09:52 PM
hey hamma, i wasn't to sure if u were a derv or not? are you? :confused:

Validuz
2003-02-13, 01:56 AM
If you asked "dev", then I would say "no" he's not.

veilside61
2003-02-13, 02:35 AM
for a mouse i wouldent go wireless. all it would take is a small bump ad the things fall on the floor. and for another reason who wants to buy batteries when a mouse can run off your computers power supply

mute
2003-02-13, 02:58 AM
Hehe im sure they will find a good solution when "accidents" happen and when "n00bs" wanna gank the flight/players onboard.

mute
2003-02-13, 02:59 AM
imagine if it was possible to take a gun out and shoot the pilot in the head, galaxy crashes, pilot gets greif points and insta ban LOL!! :D

Hamma
2003-02-13, 07:01 AM
Na, I am not a dev. But I have played the game :p

R KELLY
2003-02-13, 07:57 AM
just add auto pilot. but really we all know tyhere wont be no auto
pilot. TOO BAD!

EineBeBoP
2003-02-13, 11:38 AM
what if pilot jumps out? not crashes/disconnects jsut jumps out of transport and falls does it still autoland? or does it crash? if pilot jumps out, can another player get out of his seat and take over while the (autopilot or crashing) is continuing?

Hamma
2003-02-13, 12:10 PM
:confused:

Who knows.. i would assume it autolands. You cannot move around seats once you are in the transport.

culkid
2003-02-14, 01:42 PM
BINLADEN airways.. LMAO HAHAHA i swear i almost fell off my chair when i read that

culkid
2003-02-14, 01:50 PM
welcome to saddam and binladen airways. hope you had a good time and dont drown when we crash. thank you..

*looks and sees saddam and laden pop out of cockpit*