PDA

View Full Version : The Time of PlanetSide

internetn
2004-12-02, 03:04 PM
In your opinion, when was PlanetSide the greatest, not neccesarily meaning before BFRs, but like the summer of 04, or the week after launch

I think that this last summer was awsome.. Every night there would be 2 full outfit platoons that lasted till 3 in the morning, and there were always at least 2 continents pop locked and a third about to be... ah those were the days :cheers: :boohoo:

GeneralRazor
2004-12-02, 03:27 PM
Between the surge nerf and the (gag) introduction of BFR's is when I had the most fun.

Summer 04 was alot of fun though.

drsomewhere
2004-12-02, 05:03 PM
Beta.....AHHHHH

Cauldron Borne
2004-12-02, 10:37 PM
Right after the Lib/SG. (cery bridge jump! WOOP!)

I remeber the days when three guys would go tromping around the map looking for something to kill, find a tower, hack it, and expect resistance in five minutes, no matter how out of the way the bloody thing was.

HawkEye
2004-12-02, 11:20 PM
Yes beta was the best. that and probally the first couple months where there was always a lot of peeps in sanc spamming lfs and alot of gal pilots. it was awsome.

Baneblade
2004-12-03, 12:19 AM
When the biggest problem I had was herding the noobs to the Galaxy.

Lartnev
2004-12-03, 11:09 AM
Living in the UK, the beta sucked. Nobody was ever on :D

Lonehunter
2004-12-03, 04:03 PM
Right after the Lib/SG. (cery bridge jump! WOOP!)

I remeber the days when three guys would go tromping around the map looking for something to kill, find a tower, hack it, and expect resistance in five minutes, no matter how out of the way the bloody thing was.
Yeah once the Lib stuff was entered they could have just left it alone, but I left the game now so to hell with it.

martyr
2004-12-03, 04:24 PM
an interesting set of statistics are avaliable on psu's irc use - the long-term bimonthly chart, down at the bottom. have a look

http://planetside-universe.com/ircstats/

Baneblade
2004-12-03, 04:30 PM
I managed to miss all the lists hehe.

Kikinchikin
2004-12-03, 11:24 PM
Summer of 03. The most organized gaming I've ever seen. 7th Legion... good times.

Also Beta was pretty kickass since it was the first online shooter I'd ever played aside from dabbling in BF 1942. It was truly mindblowling.

Sentrosi
2004-12-05, 08:42 AM
an interesting set of statistics are avaliable on psu's irc use - the long-term bimonthly chart, down at the bottom. have a look

http://planetside-universe.com/ircstats/

Heh, I used to be on that list somewhere, until the Man ganked my IRC rights on the weekends.

Now I sit around at work bored as hell and I have no one to complain to. At least with IRC I could engage in whitty banter about some hot chicks ass or the color that shit is to a dog.

Ivan
2004-12-05, 10:29 AM
Heh, I used to be on that list somewhere, until the Man ganked my IRC rights on the weekends.

Now I sit around at work bored as hell and I have no one to complain to. At least with IRC I could engage in whitty banter about some hot chicks ass or the color that shit is to a dog.
I miss you Bob! :love: :lol: IRC is not the same at 4am without you!