...kind of

http://home.megapass.co.kr/~sjh87012/mgun.wmv

super awesome slo-mo shots included

Fragmatic
2004-12-08, 11:52 AM
Woah.

martyr
2004-12-08, 11:56 AM
wow. i remember the handgun one from a couple months ago...

edit: oh, look at that, they have it in this video.
haha, i like how they play blackhawk down music for the browning firing
edit2: holy crap, it took seven rounds to break it. i want one

Kyonye
2004-12-08, 12:00 PM
ok thats sick. it withstood 6 shots, actually splitting the bullets in half, and on the seventh one it broke but who cares it withstood 6 100mm+ rounds.

Infernus
2004-12-08, 12:17 PM
Woah!

UncleDynamite
2004-12-08, 01:51 PM
Wow, that's amazing.

MrPaul
2004-12-08, 01:55 PM
Ewwwwwned.
My uncle has a Katana (genuine Japanese steel). Shame I don't have a gun...

Sputty
2004-12-08, 02:19 PM
You plan on shooting your uncle to steal it?

ViperGTS
2004-12-08, 02:25 PM
Oooo coolio.

TotalBiscuit
2004-12-08, 02:27 PM
Splitting Bullets in half..

I doubt a smaller calibre weapon would succeed in breaking it.

TB.

Sputty
2004-12-08, 02:35 PM
Of course, if it was shot from the side it would be completely different

OfaLoaf
2004-12-08, 02:48 PM
Let's nuke it and see if it can cut through the explosion.

JetRaiden
2004-12-08, 02:51 PM
The japan man looked like he was on the verge of tears when he saw it break.

MrPaul
2004-12-08, 03:12 PM
You plan on shooting your uncle to steal it?
No, I'll throw it at him, and when he's confused I'll steal the blade like the ninja I was born to be!
The japan man looked like he was on the verge of tears when he saw it break.
I also noticed this. A lot of work went into it, obviously.

martyr
2004-12-08, 03:46 PM
each successive round chipped away at the thing until there was a flat enough area that one of the rounds split the blade

Wraithlord
2004-12-08, 05:11 PM
each successive round chipped away at the thing until there was a flat enough area that one of the rounds split the blade

Giovanni
2004-12-08, 05:18 PM
Damn... I can't imagine what a real japanese folded steel katana could withstand, those things were forged for years and year until they were perfect. But with the last one found selling at 500k+ I can imagine why no one would want to try.

Rbstr
2004-12-08, 06:06 PM
wow it was so awsome how the one bullet hit and shattered and impacted the cinderblocks in a whol bunch of little puffs of dust

AztecWarrior
2004-12-08, 07:00 PM
Holy shit- it bisected a fucking .50 BMG round.

oddfish
2004-12-08, 08:15 PM
yeah.. imagine what it could do to your head.. scarry shit.

my favorite test is the silk scarf test. drop the scarf from about a foot above the blade and it'll slice the silk clean in half. silk is so strong for how light it is and all you have to do is lay it on the blade and it cuts right through.. yeah, don't wanna fuck around with that little weapon.

FlamingPotato-J
2004-12-08, 09:16 PM
Are swords legal? Do they need a permit or anything?

Giovanni
2004-12-08, 09:29 PM
No permit needed as far as I know, if you do I'm in trouble because I have seven swords.

oddfish
2004-12-08, 09:30 PM
Are swords legal? Do they need a permit or anything?
a sharp actual weapon i believe does require some kind of legal knowledge of its existence. i mean, i'm not sure, but, i think a weapon like a katana requires legal documentation.

my older brother's best friend, court, went back to Japan when he turned 18 and came back four years later fully trained in 100 some martial arts and with the ability to artfully and skillfully weild a katana. for ceremonies and things of that nature he wears his swords (one half of his family is Japanese, the other is American) including to his wedding. He has to have a type of permit, i believe, but only when wearing them out like that. it's like a concealed carry permit or something. i dunno. it's weird. i might have just misunderstood what he was explaining to me, but i doubt it.

NightWalker XI
2004-12-09, 06:04 AM
that is awesome, I have a few swords but obviously they aren't to that level or forgery, that is well impressive through...

TotalBiscuit
2004-12-09, 07:30 AM
a sharp actual weapon i believe does require some kind of legal knowledge of its existence. i mean, i'm not sure, but, i think a weapon like a katana requires legal documentation.

my older brother's best friend, court, went back to Japan when he turned 18 and came back four years later fully trained in 100 some martial arts and with the ability to artfully and skillfully weild a katana. for ceremonies and things of that nature he wears his swords (one half of his family is Japanese, the other is American) including to his wedding. He has to have a type of permit, i believe, but only when wearing them out like that. it's like a concealed carry permit or something. i dunno. it's weird. i might have just misunderstood what he was explaining to me, but i doubt it.

Thay may be because he's capable of killing a small army due to his training, rather than the sword itself.

Swords of incredibly deadly potential can be purchased in the UK without a permit (although I dunno how it works in the US).

TB.

Fragmatic
2004-12-09, 07:49 AM
Thay may be because he's capable of killing a small army due to his training, rather than the sword itself.

Swords of incredibly deadly potential can be purchased in the UK without a permit (although I dunno how it works in the US).

TB.

You'd be lucky to find one of incredibly deadly potential though... most of the swords I've seen are very cheap.

I'd love a decent katana or tanto.

TotalBiscuit
2004-12-09, 07:53 AM
You'd be lucky to find one of incredibly deadly potential though... most of the swords I've seen are very cheap.

I'd love a decent katana or tanto.

Mate, mine goes through thick branches, it'll go through flesh pretty easily.

That's a cheap one. The better swords manufactured by Cold Steel will cut through entire phonebooks in a single swipe and can be stabbed easily through solid car roofs.

That's Cold Steel stuff, that's nothing compared to real Japanese steel ;)

TB.

Fragmatic
2004-12-09, 07:58 AM
Mate, mine goes through thick branches, it'll go through flesh pretty easily.

That's a cheap one. The better swords manufactured by Cold Steel will cut through entire phonebooks in a single swipe and can be stabbed easily through solid car roofs.

That's Cold Steel stuff, that's nothing compared to real Japanese steel ;)

TB.

Where'd you get it from?

All I've seen are cheap �40 "hardened steel" (AKA - Thwack something hard with it and it'll break) things.

There's actually a martial arts store in camden and one off carnaby street that sells apparently pretty good ones, or I could always try chinatown... just a bitch getting them back home.

TotalBiscuit
2004-12-09, 09:01 AM
Blades-UK.

And that's nothing more than a cheap rat-tail tang katana. By all rights it should have broken by now but it's obviously quite well made.

A standard Paul Chen Practical Katana will slice and dice pretty much anything. With a high-carbon steel surgical sharpened blade and a full tang (blade goes all the way to the back of the hilt and is then bolted into place, very strong), it's really nice.. and that's just their bottom of the range manufactured sword. My best sword is also a Paul Chen but it's not sharpened. Still however, it's gone through anything I've accidently swung it at, I dread to think how evil it would be sharpened :brow:

TB.

Peacemaker
2004-12-09, 10:29 AM
Just to let you know that bullet is not 140mm. THats its length. There is a big diffrence between length and width. 50 cals are 12.5 mm 140mm is artillary sized.

Sputty
2004-12-09, 10:39 AM
Yeah, that was including the length of the casing also
Width is what's important on bullets
12.7mm, or .50cal(I'm pretty sure calibre is just inches)

oddfish
2004-12-09, 10:59 AM
not when your cutting the bullet in half along its spine. length is important in that case, /me nods.

Peacemaker
2004-12-09, 12:00 PM
Point made.