PDA

View Full Version : Violon

Giovanni
2004-12-25, 10:51 PM
Since I was a wee lad my parents played folk music and classical and the sound of violons always fascinated me. Even now, a good Ashley MacIsaac song gives me goosebumps.

With the recent failures in my life I have decided to take a turn for the new and invest towards my future but I still needed something else aside from work and the such.

My mother has given me a voucher from a free private violon lesson anytime next year and I really want this to work, I want to be able to say I suceeded in something and the thing I want this to be is the violon.

Has anyone ever played it? How hard can it get and how much time each day should I practice if I really want to be serious about it (without losing the fun aspect of it)? Somehow the thought of playing Sleepy Maggie in a nearby future excites me in ways nothing has ever excited me before (get your mind out of the gutter) and I want to make something out of it and not just another failure or lost hope like my plans of going in the infantry*.

*My plan for life was going into the army and fighting for my freedom and the freedom of my family but this dream was short lived, my asthma require me to see a doctor who will evaluate if I can live throught basic training. Chances are in the shape I am I will never be able to attain the degree of physical strenght needed.

JetRaiden
2004-12-25, 10:53 PM
violin*

Giovanni
2004-12-25, 11:02 PM
Not in french, wich I talked all day because of the french canadians that came for our christmas party wich was in montreal with the rest of the family, don't ask too much of me today spelling-wise. I'm going to get confused between french and english alot.

JetRaiden
2004-12-26, 12:12 AM
Not in french, wich I talked all day because of the french canadians that came for our christmas party wich was in montreal with the rest of the family, don't ask too much of me today spelling-wise. I'm going to get confused between french and english alot.

excuses...excuses.... ;)

starbum
2004-12-26, 12:31 AM
Violin...lin...lin...Violin...lin...lin...Violin.. .lin...lin... Oooooooooooh
Speck of dust, dust, dust, Speck of dust, dust, dust, Speck of dust, dust, dust.... ooooooooooh.

Giovanni
2004-12-26, 08:20 AM
I'm going to take a quick stab in the dark and say no one has ever played the violin...

TotalBiscuit
2004-12-26, 08:35 AM
I have, it sounded like a strangled cat.

Can't stand stringed instruments.

TB.

Infernus
2004-12-26, 10:26 AM
I play the flute.

MrPaul
2004-12-26, 10:34 AM
Time wise - 30mins to an hour every day. That's what I used to do my guitar for. Got good. Not had time for it recently, which sucks ass.

Speaking of which
Je vais succerais votre derriere pour cinquante euros.

OfaLoaf
2004-12-26, 10:54 AM
I'm going to take a quick stab in the dark and say no one has ever played the violin...
I'm a drummer, but I'm in a group with a lot of Violinists in it. They never, ever shut up. :doh: But still, they're good players.

TotalBiscuit
2004-12-26, 10:55 AM
I play the flute.

and the pink oboe :brow:

TB.

Infernus
2004-12-26, 10:55 AM
I play drums too

lets start an orchestra