PDA

View Full Version : The real infiltration suit?

FatalLight
2005-01-29, 11:39 AM
http://i.timeinc.net/popsci/images/science/sci0105top_genius_b700x423.jpg

Well not as good but still amazing

Undercover Overcoat
A University of Tokyo professor has designed an invisible cloak. Made of a novel material composed of tiny beads that reflect light only in the same direction from which it came, the cloak projects onto itself an image of whatever is behind its wearer, making it appear transparent to onlookers.

martyr
2005-01-29, 12:03 PM
the drawback, of course, is that something has to be reflecting that light back on you. so, if you get too close to whatever's behind you and cast a shadow on it, you're hosed

Mr1337Duck
2005-01-29, 12:06 PM
Yeah. But I figure eventually we'll make something along those lines. A stealth suit I mean.

Strygun
2005-01-29, 12:17 PM
that's massively old.

Mag-Mower
2005-01-29, 12:18 PM
thats awesome! i want one...

I Hate Pants
2005-01-29, 01:55 PM
I guess it would only work best if you give it an ironing to remove the wrinkles.

FatalLight
2005-01-29, 02:56 PM
that's massively old.

Yea it was in the "Best of 2004" Edition so probably is old

Hamma
2005-01-30, 12:11 PM
I have one of those.

MrPaul
2005-01-30, 01:23 PM
I have one of those.
An anorak?

Ridetehlightnin
2005-01-30, 01:51 PM
holy ****! I would definetly buy that!

Ridetehlightnin
2005-01-30, 01:55 PM
A University of Tokyo professor has designed an invisible cloak. Made of a novel material composed of tiny beads that reflect light only in the same direction from which it came, the cloak projects onto itself an image of whatever is behind its wearer, making it appear transparent to onlookers.

I don't get this. Wouldnt this invisible cloak just make it look like he was naked?

Giovanni
2005-01-30, 02:34 PM
I don't get this. Wouldnt this invisible cloak just make it look like he was naked?

I think this as been said before, but I must mention it again. You're a fucking idiot.

Ridetehlightnin
2005-01-30, 02:43 PM
omg why are you people so fuckin mean?

xmodum
2005-01-30, 02:44 PM
Because Giovanni has mommy issues.

Ridetehlightnin
2005-01-30, 02:48 PM
Ah ok.. Btw heres wat i dnt understand.. If the material itself acts in a way that the light, in a way, passes thru it, how wud this behavor make the wearer invisible too? is it a jk or summit?

Giovanni
2005-01-30, 02:59 PM
Ah ok.. Btw heres wat i dnt understand.. If the material itself acts in a way that the light, in a way, passes thru it, how wud this behavor make the wearer invisible too? is it a jk or summit?

It's called reading comprehension retard. If you would of read correctly (too many big words for you I guess) then you would know the cloak acts like a projection screen and the beads act like a projector.

Now go take that coat hanger and finish the job your mother started.

Ridetehlightnin
2005-01-30, 03:18 PM
First of all, stop being such a prick. Just because I'm not a science weirdo, doesn't mean I'm a retard. You explained what I was thinking wrong, which was all I wanted. I didn't need all that shit.

Edit- Ohhhhh... I now understand fully. So it's the same as the 'Vanquish' car in the film "Die Another Day"? Only different in some ways.

Edit Again- Wait no I don't. How is the image behind the nice man is being projected onto the front of the man by the beads?

Wraithlord
2005-01-30, 07:32 PM
Ride, every post you have made in the lounge has made you seem either a very young child, or mentally disabled. Im almost convinced its an act, as a number of your posts in general have had a completely different writing syntax, yet I dont think anyone who can play a fucking idiot so well could be that smart.

Hamma
2005-01-31, 09:05 AM
Chill out :p

Giovanni
2005-01-31, 11:49 AM
Chill out :p

But... but... he's the poster child for abortion clinics..! He's the reason why the "tommorow pill*" exists! It's just so much fun!!!

*The tommorow pill for those who don't know is a pill that flushes out the possibility of a pregnancy after a night of unprotected sex.

Ridetehlightnin
2005-01-31, 03:58 PM
Hamma, u sed u bought one. Im not sure if u were kiddin or not, (im stupid u see), but if u werent, where can I buy one of these invisible thingies?

MattxMosh
2005-01-31, 04:12 PM
But... but... he's the poster child for abortion clinics..! He's the reason why the "tommorow pill*" exists! It's just so much fun!!!

*The tommorow pill for those who don't know is a pill that flushes out the possibility of a pregnancy after a night of unprotected sex.

Tomorrow Pill?

It is the MORNING AFTER PILL.

Which you could easiuly sneak in and steal with said coat.

Giovanni
2005-01-31, 05:31 PM
Tomorrow Pill?

It is the MORNING AFTER PILL.

Which you could easiuly sneak in and steal with said coat.

Ahhhh down where I live in french it's called "La pillule du lendemain". So I just roughly translated it but atleast I'm getting my point across and Ride is proving it.

Ivan
2005-01-31, 05:41 PM
* Ivan starts handing these out to everyone...

http://www.screenpictures.com/cards/chillpill.jpg

ViperGTS
2005-01-31, 06:27 PM
250,000 mg, eh?
Sounds...kinda powerfull....

Wraithlord
2005-01-31, 06:40 PM
yes it turns your blood to CARBONITE, hey, I know, ride is serpus

Hamma
2005-01-31, 07:27 PM
:lol:

Actually I think he is 6thEdition

Ivan
2005-01-31, 07:30 PM
:lol:

Actually I think he is 6thEdition
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2/2002/0613/photo/tonightshow_i.jpg

"You are Correct sir."

Giovanni
2005-01-31, 07:42 PM
I guess I have a habit of forgetting about the less then average members of this community because I have no Idea who is 6thedition, but I remember when Vic was in BOHICA... O_

Firefly
2005-02-01, 06:52 PM
I guess I have a habit of forgetting about the less then average members of this community because I have no Idea who is 6thedition, but I remember when Vic was in BOHICA... O_
Go back to your pretend wannabe Goth friends, and come back when you can feasibly and passably flame someone without sounding like an utter pansy yourself.

Giovanni
2005-02-01, 07:21 PM
Go back to your pretend wannabe Goth friends, and come back when you can feasibly and passably flame someone without sounding like an utter pansy yourself.

How was the quoted sentence a flame? I was stating the fact I have no recollection of the handle: "6thedition". Sure the posts above it were "flames" but I for one see them as being realist, if he was less of an idiot then I wouldnt bother but he's just that stupid!

I'd suggest some mild tranquilizers Firefly, you seem to have a real anger problem here. Then again this is only another half-assed insult from a wannabe goth with pretend friends right? :rolleyes:

Quite frankly I don't know and do not care what your problem is but go get help because I don't think that the whole "taking it out on people you don't know" thing isnt working for you. It's not our fault if your a low life who's only goal in life is to get a shred of self-confidence by insulting people over the internet.

Go get help or go kill yourself asshole.

Truly yours, Gabe.

Firefly
2005-02-01, 08:00 PM
How was the quoted sentence a flame? I was stating the fact I have no recollection of the handle: "6thedition". Sure the posts above it were "flames" but I for one see them as being realist, if he was less of an idiot then I wouldnt bother but he's just that stupid!
I wasn't referring to any particular post. Your piss-poor attitude towards another poster in general was what I meant.

I'd suggest some mild tranquilizers Firefly, you seem to have a real anger problem here. Then again this is only another half-assed insult from a wannabe goth with pretend friends right? :rolleyes:

Quite frankly I don't know and do not care what your problem is but go get help because I don't think that the whole "taking it out on people you don't know" thing isnt working for you. It's not our fault if your a low life who's only goal in life is to get a shred of self-confidence by insulting people over the internet.

Go get help or go kill yourself asshole.

Truly yours, Gabe.
That's truly rich coming from a guy who was actually pictured wearing a do-rag on his wrist like some retro throwback re-tread from a bad 80s glam-band video, thinking it was somehow cool?

Let's reexamine the evidence.

http://img157.exs.cx/img157/5284/meow6db.jpg

Silver fatty tie - so, like, 80s.
bandana on the arm - so, like, 80s. As if.
hat - so 80s. I think Boy George had one, so did a couple of other glam-punk acts.
haircut - so Vision Streetwear skater-boy (aka flock of seagulls cut)

Dude. Everyone on the planet, including reject 80s acts like Flock of Seagulls and Poison, all admit that the 80s was a stain on the underwear of mankind. All of the attempted revivals of 80s fashion? Died a cold hard death. Now, if me pointing that out in an attempt to guide unfortunate retarded youths is a low-life's attempt to get self-confidence, then by all means. But yeah you're right, I'm not even fazed by being insulted by some wanna-be George Michaels/Boy George Love Child.

SHOT THRU THE HEART, BUT YOU'RE TOO LATE!!! YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME!! EVERY ROSE HAS ITS THORN LOL!

OMG I HEART NKOTB 4 EVER!!!

Kam
2005-02-01, 08:02 PM

"Gabe," you are a poser. Period.

Firefly, you do have anger problems. I know because I recognize it from being angry for so long. Go buy an ice cream cone and talk to a girl. (Ie your wife, gf, whatever)

Now both of you stop. :nodrama:

Giovanni
2005-02-01, 09:01 PM
Hahahahahaha the 80's? Get a grip old man, I can't stand any of the 80's music and much less the clothing style, I wear what I want when I want unlike some pussy who think's he has to fit into a category or the other.

You know I could keep going and going, trying to defend my point of view and you yours but that would be qualified as a waste of time on both my part and your part.

In fact, since this argument is done you can go back to beating your wife/mom/random person on the street since apparently that's all you can do, that and being a total mental case.

I hope to god you never get to reproduce, the last thing humanity needs is another bunch of inbred idiots who act like primates.

Firefly
2005-02-01, 09:16 PM
I can't stand any of the 80's music and much less the clothing style
I want to be sure I understand you. So, you hate the clothing style.

Fat silver (ie single solid color) tie - 80s, not as 80s as pastel Miami Vice colors, but close enough
Wrist bandana - dude that screams 80s (Breakfast Club, anyone?)
Spiky wrist bracelet - throwback to the 80s
Funny Hat - so 80s it's worse than the Simply Irresistable video

All you need now is some eye-shadow, some lip gloss, and some pink dyed hair and you'd look like Cyndi Lauper.

That, my misguided friend, is 80s Fashion.

Ivan
2005-02-01, 09:23 PM
This single image describes my feelings for what this thread has turned into...

http://www.tridot.net/images/stuff/Shocked.jpg