PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Development Activities

Strygun
2005-04-26, 03:31 PM
http://planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=1199

DeepStrikeck
2005-04-26, 04:32 PM
I seriously doubt that a patch has ever made me more happy. All the bug fixes :drools: :drools: But I will miss Maelstrom spamming people from underneath in interlinks and dropship centers (I'm assuming that is part of the "other explosion effects" fix). However, I doubt these will all work the first time through, but eh, atleast their trying. Now just to fix that Mag Gunner wobble >.>

KIAsan
2005-04-27, 01:24 AM
Wow, lots of nerfs in this patch.

I like how the call some of these nerfs "fixes".
- CEP nerf (penalizing small squads)
- Engineering nerf (just need a med terminal to fix yourself). What's next, engineer "med packs"
- Grief nerf (so you can feel free to blow that enemy ams, even though 10 guys are camping it while it's being hacked) [fix should be no-grief if it's a kill, grief if it's an empty vehicle]
- Starfire nerf (once the plane flys out of lock range, your shots are now uselss)
- Striker nerf (so if a enemy is locked on, and your firing, all they need to do is hide behind another enemy and neither will get damaged-oh by the way, you will think your still locked, since your have lock indication-yet your missles just fly off dumb)
- Darklight nerf (removed ability to detect ams)

Go devs, way to swing the nerf bat!!!

Lartnev
2005-04-27, 07:02 AM
They look like bugfixes to me, regardless of their "nerf" effect.

- CEP nerf (penalizing small squads)
I think it's fair, I mean controlling a full squad is more difficult than commanding just a couple
- Engineering nerf (just need a med terminal to fix yourself). What's next, engineer "med packs"
Why not? Engineers might start feeling as unloved as medics :p
- Grief nerf (so you can feel free to blow that enemy ams, even though 10 guys are camping it while it's being hacked) [fix should be no-grief if it's a kill, grief if it's an empty vehicle]
Actually I like this, had quite a lot of grief from exploding aircraft after the pilot has bailed
- Starfire nerf (once the plane flys out of lock range, your shots are now uselss)
Where's that?
- Striker nerf (so if a enemy is locked on, and your firing, all they need to do is hide behind another enemy and neither will get damaged-oh by the way, you will think your still locked, since your have lock indication-yet your missles just fly off dumb)
What friends are for :D
- Darklight nerf (removed ability to detect ams)
They didn't say that

DeepStrikeck
2005-04-27, 07:04 AM
Ummm, all it said for the striker and the quasar was that if the user lost the lock, that they could relock onto the same target, but not a different one because people would lock onto a target that is flying awaty, fire their shots then relock on something coming towards them, thus instagibbing them.

They aren't nerfing engineering, because engineering will still repair faster than the terminals (like medical heals faster). All it is doing is giving an alternative method to being able to get repairs, especially when no engineers are present.

With the Darklight nerf, it's not a big deal, they are pretty easy to find just by watching where the enemies are coming from. You don't need to DL flicker to find one, just be logical when spotting troop movements.

With all of that being said, the only nerf that I'm not to happy about that you brought up and I didn't mention before is the CEP for small squads. Some people (like myself) only squad with outfit or potential outfit or some friends. I don't squad with random people because I can't depend on them to cover my back or to know what to do in all situations. I don't know if that random groupd of people can hold their own, or if I will have to always be watching my ass, and the asses of 9 other guys. Sometimes, only one or two other FC is on because it's at an odd hour or a weekday, I shouldn't be penalized because I don't want some random noob in my squad.
/rant