PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for new CE deployables

iluvthequasar
2005-05-19, 06:29 PM
My sub just expired today, so I can't post this on the OF. I have an idea for a couple new CE devices that could be interesting:

*Force Shield
*Cloaking Field
*Remote Explosives
*Remote Explosive Detonators

I'll start with the cloaking field, since it's much more straight-forward. A CE can only deploy 2 at a time. It puts up a field that cloaks an area 8 feet above the ground. This means that aircraft can't see through it, but ground troops and vehicles can. Sort of like a 'camo netting' for snipers. The radius is equivalent to that of an AMS cloak bubble. While being concealed from aerial attack is useful, it does not protect the people inside from ground units. They can see through it as if it weren't there. If an aircraft were to fly low, however, it could see through *some* of the cloaking field. The interference range is about 3x the radius of the cloak circle. It is deployed from a 5th firing mode on the ACE. It takes as long as a Spitfire Turret to set up and activate.

The Force Shield is its own device. It is not constructed off of the ACE, but it is a pistol-sized item. It requires deployment of several devices (posts) between two or more points. There *is* a maximum range between deployable points (the interference range of a land mine). If an engineer were to set up devices in a pentagon layout, an additional shield would appear above the posts, protecting from aerial attack. Like the shield module, infantry and MAXes can pass through the shield, but vehicles and projectiles cannot. Like BFR shields, these shields have regenerative capabilities. It would take two MBTs with a single burst of fire to cause the shield to be out of power. A 'gap' can be created in the shield by destroying the deployed posts. Vehicle weaponry cannot do this, but Hand-Held AV and Small arms can. The shield can also be disabled by an EMP blast (temporarily). When EMPed, the shield posts can be destroyed by vehicular weaponry. This effect cannot be caused by jammers. It takes a CR3+ EMP blast to temporarily disable the shields. When the effects of the EMP wear off, the shields reactivate if the posts haven't been destroyed. A CE can lay up to 5 shield posts at a time (enough to shield a facility gate).

Remote Explosives. Yeah you get the picture... Pretty much *instagib* explosives that rule against infantry and vehicles alike. Almost a mini-OS, but it requires a lot of preparation. The items are MA-rifle-sized. When equipped, they emit a LOUD continuous beeping noise (like the striker, but can be heard by surrounding people). A CE can lay up to 5 at a time. The interference range is 4x that of Land Mines. The blast radius of the explosives are 2x that of Land Mines. When laid, they become cloaked. They cannot be seen unless someone uses Darklight. Also, there is no collision system involved. You can walk straight through an Explosive charge and not even know it. If you think it is unfair and unbalanced, read the following paragraph about how it is detonated:

Remote Explosive Detonator. Like an REK, a player only needs one to carry out its job. When the trigger is pulled, all Remote Explosives decloak and emit a beeping noise. The frequency of the noise increases as time goes on. After 10 seconds of annoying beeping, all Remote Explosives belonging to the CE detonate, killing EVERYTHING in their blast radius. If a Remote Explosive charge is destroyed before the 10 seconds elapse, it will not detonate. It only takes a single AV shot to kill one (like landmines).

And that's it.

steeldragon01
2005-05-19, 09:41 PM
A mine where your screen goes black and you can shoot but you cant see.

Untouchable
2005-05-24, 06:38 PM
Why not make your screen go white and call it a flashbang?...

I like your ideas quasar, although I'm not sure what the real use of the shield is, sounds like it gets taken down pretty easily.

Warborn
2005-05-26, 09:32 PM
Shields and stuff would be cool. Not out-of-control crazy like some of the stuff Hayoo has on his site, as there's no way they could add that many more objects to the game world, but barriers and whatnot would be helpful. I'm hoping that ideas like these are similar to what gets added in the future (Samhayne did say that more CE deployables were a distinct possibility).

Esteroth12
2005-06-07, 09:20 PM
/sign!

also, they should add an deployable that is a spitfire, but with flak. it will only target air within 100m and do little damage (15 dmg per flak) and fire 1 a second. there would be a max of 5. also, if it is over- or under-powered, these values can be tweaked.

HAVOCK06
2005-06-10, 01:50 PM
some good ideas in there, wish they were in the game

Boomer
2005-06-21, 06:11 PM
Along with all the other arguably ballanced and/good ideas, it wont appear in game.

CCs:
1) Force shield:
Personal shield is powerful enough dont you think? But I can see how they would be useful in a tower situation/base defense situation. Very cool idea. PASS

2) Cloaking Device:
Problem is that I doubt it would be popular with anybody except the people who use it. Pilots complain enough, and it IS really just as unfair. Really, despite what you may think, it would be just as useful as an AMS bubble. Of course, I bet that it would somehow get exploited and such. FAIL.

3) Remote Explosive:
One word. BOOMER. They are already powerful enough. All we need is a more powerful, uber instagib anti-everything mine. FAIL

4) What?

Lartnev
2005-06-21, 06:17 PM
4) = detonator for deployed remote explosives as explained in 3)

Boomer
2005-06-21, 06:38 PM
ok... so the same to 4) as I said to 3)