PDA

View Full Version : A dying population

Nodrog
2005-07-21, 04:09 PM
I think PlanetSide is dying. No seriously! The forums almost always have a "ghostly" emptiness to them, the videos have stopped coming in, and everyone and i mean everyone (including me) is getting a lot more pissy when it comes to Outfits and platoons; everyone is pretty much required to use TS; outfits have a thousand requirements; and no noe has a good sense of humor any more.

I feel it all started with BFS. "Yeah, why hack a base when we can crush things!" was the general feeling I got. FOrm then on at some level (I didnt actually know what was going on at the time but I realize now.) I knew the co-op and interactive side of PlanetSide was solwly dieing. Than TS came along. (Mind you I have no problem with TS. I just hate the wake iit left.) Every outfit wanted a setup. It was the TS requrements I didn't like. Noowadys, I find it very difficult to find the right outfit because people will keep bugging me about it untill I leave because I cant stand it anymore. I just dont want TS! I know plenty of TS lovers will be shocked when I say this but, IM JUST FINE WITH TYPING!!!!!!

Annyway, I feel Planetside has defenetly lost some of it's luster.

[PLZ note] I am not spamming, whining, complaining, or trying to deter you from TS, BFRs or Planetside in whole. (I admit, at one point, I acctually kind of like BFRs because not everybony had them. It was a uniqueness Like two in every conflict.) This is really how I feel. I never got a chance to post this so I'm doing it now.

[Also note] I love PlanetSide and I will always even after it dies. I am meearly posting this for the well being of the PlanetSide community.

mechaman
2005-07-21, 10:31 PM
Planetside has definatley lost some population recently. I myself just canceled. The reason most outfits require vent/TS is because it's so much easier to communicate. I mean you can't relay information during a gun fight if you have to type.

Nodrog
2005-07-21, 11:05 PM
Planetside has definatley lost some population recently. I myself just canceled. The reason most outfits require vent/TS is because it's so much easier to communicate. I mean you can't relay information during a gun fight if you have to type.

I dunno. I just feel like the attatude in PlanetSide has become really sore and slightly whiny. Like evryones a begger or somthing.

And whats with everyone owning a BFR now? I swear there were less of them even during their huge period of popularity.

Doop
2005-07-22, 01:16 PM
i remember the exact point PS started to decline and that was the release of Core Combat.

PS was such a brilliant game when it came out and now it's so damn complicated. and they won't delete BFRs because it's a selling point but I fucking hate BFRs. not just because they're cheap but they've lowered the game because now everyone uses them.

and if they debuff them, it doesn't matter, everyone will still use it.

Jeffey
2005-07-22, 04:32 PM
What's worse is it's almost 100% pinpointed what could be done to resolve the issues with PS right now, but it just won't happen.

Nodrog
2005-07-22, 05:33 PM
What's worse is it's almost 100% pinpointed what could be done to resolve the issues with PS right now, but it just won't happen.

It's all so very destubing. BFRs were nothing more than a maketing scheme. :( There could be a soulution, but It would put everything the DEVs worked so hard to create on the line. If there was a limit to the number of BFRs allowed on the battlefeild. It would either:

A: Make BFRs more of a secondary vehicle thus, reducing the number, and frequency, of usage.

or

B: Almost Every BFR jocky in the game (thats a lot of players BTW) would get pissed and would just stop playing altogether thus, crippling the PlanetSide community.

Take you're pick. This is the only logic solution I could come up with. I do realize it is way too much of a risk. If anyone could think of a better way PLZ let me know.

Lonehunter
2005-07-25, 10:40 PM
It was the TS requrements I didn't like. Noowadys, I find it very difficult to find the right outfit because people will keep bugging me about it untill I leave because I cant stand it anymore. I just dont want TS! I know plenty of TS lovers will be shocked when I say this but, IM JUST FINE WITH TYPING!!!!!!
A lot of Outfits don't fucking care if you type, :lol: they just don't want to have to type to YOU.

[PLZ note] I am not spamming, whining, complaining,
Lol yes you are.

Bye bye then

Warborn
2005-07-27, 11:03 PM
My problem with PS is that there's nothing to look forward to. Absolutely squat. No cool new features being planned, no expansion to be announced, nothing. It's stagnant. I appreciate the efforts of the development team, but I've just lost interest utterly.

mechaman
2005-07-27, 11:54 PM
I just wish they would get the mother fucking base redesigns into the game. I mean if they aren't goingn to give us the god damn content then why the hell mention it in the first place?

Warborn
2005-07-28, 08:22 PM
I just wish they would get the mother fucking base redesigns into the game. I mean if they aren't goingn to give us the god damn content then why the hell mention it in the first place?

Honestly, their team has probably been downsized to next to nothing. It's crazy thinking, you know, what if Planetside were being done by Blizzard? Whether you like WoW or not, Blizzard adds tons of stuff to their game in the patches. It's laughable when you compare WoW's patches to Planetside's. Laughable, and terribly sad. Oh well, here's to hoping for a World of Starcraft that's a MMOFPS like Planetside.

Electrofreak
2005-07-29, 02:39 PM
Yeah, a development team can't perform very well when they've only got a few people and a couple bucks bein tossed to em by SOE. :(