PDA

View Full Version : What's the plan for the future?

Navaron
2006-01-14, 12:02 PM
I'm not fan of PS which is well known, but I started it back up, and the game hasn't improved drastically over what it was before. I mean it's still the only MMOFPS and it's a decent game, but it seems obvious that SOE has pulled all support for the game. Populations are rock bottom, there's almost no dev support, and there's still not vision for the future of the game.

It seems to me that SOE is just waiting for PS to wither on the vine. That being said, what are you guys planning on once they pull the plug, or the game just dies off? Are there plans for PS2? Are you going to move the site to a similar game like Huxley (assuming it doesn't suck balls)? Will it just become a general gaming site? I'm just curious.

Baneblade
2006-01-14, 12:17 PM
I was kinda surprised PSU came back, mainly because PS itself seems like a shell of its former glory.

Hamma
2006-01-14, 12:42 PM
Sure it isnt the same as it once was, but it's still a blast.

I'm not sure where I would go if PS was gone I seem to keep coming back to it. There is nothing else out there where me and my team can play for hours on end and have fun without getting pwned by people running around with awesome purple weapons and armor I cant even hope to touch :lol:

Huxley doesent look like it will be anything like PS - theres gonna be NPC's and quests and shit - looks like the FPS aspect is just a side road.

Either way, PSU isnt just about PS anyway it was about the community more than anything even people who didnt play PS frequented here. I hope to see that return :love:

SecondRaven
2006-01-14, 01:22 PM
Just though i would pop my head in here, its been some time

shorts41
2006-01-14, 01:47 PM
Well, last I checked SOE has another MMOFPS in development. But they won't say if it's a brand-new title or if it's going to be a PS2.

I really hope they make a PS2! This game still has so much potential. It's better then any MMO I've played, even World of Warcraft. Someone better have a long chat with SOE..

OneManArmy
2006-01-14, 03:35 PM
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars :thumbsup:

Hamma
2006-01-14, 07:17 PM
Yea I just saw some shots of that game, looks nice :eek:

Warborn
2006-01-18, 07:35 PM
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars :thumbsup:

It'll be more like BF2 than PS, but it still looks fun.

Miir
2006-01-18, 07:46 PM
I loaded PS back up and played a little and I agree with Nav not much has changed. I was hoping to see some new bases or the phantasm that they talked about but they were no where to be seen.

It***8217;s funny***8230;when I was installing it I was remembering how excited I was loading it for the first time. I think if SOE wouldn't have pulled all it's resources off Planetside to EQ2 they would have been able to do more with it.

Hopefully the new MMO that SOE is working on will be a good successor to Planetside.

Hamma
2006-01-18, 10:13 PM
http://www.planetside-universe.com/news-weekly-dev-activities-1233.htm

Phaden
2006-01-22, 10:51 AM
Yeh all those new dev activities are really hot. Def was not expecting to see those.

BUGGER
2006-01-22, 10:30 PM
Half those things I dont think is nessessary. The force fields go alittle overboard and so do the cloaking bubbles. Would you just put up a random forcefield in the middle of nowhere or a cloaking bubble around a freaking tree.

Not much point to have a bubble and a station deployed. Why not merg them? Then if so, why not just have a fucking AMS? That is a waste. the station is kool, the bubble is just a waste of time.

Everything else seems pretty slick.

Was still hoping for a phantazm....or some kind of air deliverer

Hamma
2006-01-22, 10:40 PM
Well you could hide all sorts of other things under bubbles

BUGGER
2006-01-23, 01:44 AM
Yeah, maybe a Lodestar, maybe just to hide your vehicle until your back. I don't see it as a weapon to aid battle though

Phaden
2006-01-23, 03:53 AM
yeh it has alot of great support or indirect ways to affect the battles. Take example: Sniper Outposts, AA Max repair rearm stations, Decoy AMS bubbles, Mine Traps. The possibilities are only limited by imagination. As for the random stuff being dropped, im sure your gonna see that from teh noobz, but i think people will develop new and unorthodox ways to make them work great.

When PS started, Bailuring wasnt even comprehended or planned. And just look now (for better or for worse)