PDA

View Full Version : What bothers you about PS?

Peacemaker
2006-01-14, 05:31 PM
What still angers you about PS? My biggest grief is fucking NO NEW CONTENT. Petition SOE to drop that shit box SW:G and get on PS. The game with the most potential.

Navaron
2006-01-14, 06:29 PM
Lack of skill compared to other FPSs, slow pacing, complete lack of vision for the game, etc etc etc

Incompetent
2006-01-14, 06:49 PM
HAgile dominated infantry combat. The single shittiest medic/revive system of any game that even bothers to implement them. Pilots.

The harrasser is still probably the most fun vehicle in any game i've played though.

Majik
2006-01-14, 07:10 PM
Every other player having an OS.

Hamma
2006-01-14, 07:12 PM
Every other player having an OS.
Yea that is becoming a problem

shorts41
2006-01-14, 10:51 PM
Plasma, Reaver spam and infiltrator asassins.

Baneblade
2006-01-14, 11:48 PM
My Reaver not holding enough ammo to kill much of anything. =/

Lonehunter
2006-01-15, 12:34 AM
Not being able to bail at low Vech health.
Not being able to attack own Spawn tubes or Gen
The Sniping System
Lack of more Aircraft controls

but there are a lot of things I like : )

BUGGER
2006-01-15, 12:43 AM
Crashing after every 15 minutes
Jackhammer is still not nerfed.
Rabbit

I'm in the mood of something big and new.

Baneblade
2006-01-15, 02:58 AM
My King Beef is the decision to put a gun on a Scout plane...wtf...kinda logic?

Electrofreak
2006-01-15, 03:02 AM
ffs. I wrote a fucking essay, clicked submit, and it told me I hadn't logged in. I just did! :sigh:

Summary:

Yes new content is needed. No phantasm or new bases. HSR is nifty, and the Variants are cool, but they're not enough. PS needs more new shit.

Second, dying population. This is because there is no new content to retain the old players, and the game's grapic and physics engine is just getting... old. There are no ragdolls, high quality dynamic lighting effects, reflective/refractive surfaces (like realistic water, glass, mirrors, etc), no bump mapping, fancy particle effects, destructive or highly interactable elements of the environment, etc. And when a lot of the other new FPS out like BF2, CS:S, DOD:S, F.E.A.R, Half Life 2, DOOM3 etc, its painfully obvious to a newcomer how lacking PS is in the graphics and physics department.

Peacemaker
2006-01-15, 09:58 AM
A couple things I have noticed.

1. Lasher is still massivly overpowered. I made a vanu char for a few minutes on emerald and went on a killing spree.... too easy.

2. Anyone who bitches about reaver spam hasnt played the game recently. You need to land nearly an entire clip onto an infantry man before he dies.

3. Reaver rockets pwn vehicles.

Ait'al
2006-01-15, 10:32 AM
A couple things I have noticed.

1. Lasher is still massivly overpowered. I made a vanu char for a few minutes on emerald and went on a killing spree.... too easy.

2. Anyone who bitches about reaver spam hasnt played the game recently. You need to land nearly an entire clip onto an infantry man before he dies.

3. Reaver rockets pwn vehicles.

Its not Overpowered. It's simply unbalanced as far as movement to fire ratio stuff is concerned.

When that was fixed you wouldnt get complaints and it would be fun to go against and use again. Now its like a twichy fps freak gun.

It doesnt work as an individual weapon right anymore. ITs been going that way since the clip sizes were increased so drasticaly. Taht was part of its design. Or what kept its other features in check so it didnt get weird. It used to be primarily about patience and out thinking the opponent. Now its about mindless fps aiming.

After they fixed that they could change its damage properly to fit the other weapons needs.

Personally i'd hope to see that bunker improvement. I hope it would get people defending outside so you would have less clutter inside so people could defend properly again. Then people could enjoy more of the inner bases defense features and fighting areas than just the back door hallway and spawn room area.

Also, if that got more people in the right spot at the base to take on vehicles and bfrs, maybe, we could get people working in groups again and actually organizing with more than one AV weapon to take on vehicles. And then maybe people will say, hey lets group up our reavers and take down taht AA so we can get a shot at it better. etc etc. Thats the only way it will ever be balanced again. Or its going to spiral into more weapons improvements for individual use and they will all be single player weapons again. Its bad enough i bet noone knows the proper balance for weapons in team environment anymore. Some weapons were meant to be use in groups in "some situations". I'm obviosly not refering to HA. Since its meant to be used, affectivly, in both .

Hamma
2006-01-15, 11:09 AM
Yea they really killed the Reaver Clip.

But as far as the game goes - all those fancy graphics dont mean crap to meh its all about gameplay there is still nothing anywhere like PS - or anything on the horizon for that matter

ChewyLSB
2006-01-15, 12:22 PM
Eh, I have a VS, a TR, and an NC with all the same certifications (all are BR21+) and all have Heavy Assault, and I think the Lasher and JackHammer are balanced, with the MiniChain Gun being underpowered.

Ait'al
2006-01-15, 02:56 PM
Eh, I have a VS, a TR, and an NC with all the same certifications (all are BR21+) and all have Heavy Assault, and I think the Lasher and JackHammer are balanced, with the MiniChain Gun being underpowered.

Thats wasnt a comparitive statement. I'm saying whats wrong with the lasher itself. The other guns balance issues are a completely different matter. I think each gun has to be balanced to its own criteria, then balanced to each other with the affects for the user all in tact correctly. Else there is no atmosphere of play. If you can do that its not hard to balance it for the person going against it.

But before this because another HA disscussion..... i know what you mean.:love: They need to atleast pump the damages simply to the right lvs while they work on any more complex balance issues. atleast enough to create some illusion of proper balance.

Though, I still, personally, feel the movement rates for ground troops needs to be reverted to its older slower speed for the orb balance issue to be resolved. Then you can balance the other weapons properly and, i think, more easily. It's the affect of that speed and the things around aiming the lasher that me and i think most VS are arguing about. Thats the focus of using and choosing the lasher, over than how fast or how well it kills. Aside from becoming blatantlyto weak, which, is not the case now. The lasher is about how you kill with it. Its not supposed to be like the MCG and Jackhamer. The speeds for troops and orb speed are all so much faster its more of a spastic weapon than the more subtle fun design that it used to. Its not a chalange to use it the way you used to. Now its just about aiming fast orbs like a cheap arcade game instead of forthought, patients, and teamwork/proper group weapon selection that used to be slightly more the point of playing VS over the other empires.

ChewyLSB
2006-01-15, 05:19 PM
Well, the way I look at heavy assault balance is this: Heavy Assault is meant to fill a role. That role is close combat fighting. Basically, if you encounter someone at less than 10 meters and they have an HA and you don't, you're supposed to die.

The Lasher and JackHammer fills this role nicely. They both kick ass at close range.

However, the MCG doesn't fill this role... and that's why I think it needs to be buffed in close range.

shorts41
2006-01-15, 06:34 PM
Jackhammer is still not nerfed.

The shotgun bug has done a good job of nerfing the JH. Mm'kay?
Besides, the Jackhammer is supposed to wtfpwn you if you get too close to it. So if you get tri-jacked, you deserve it. Just like you deserve to get lasher spammed for zerging a back door that's filled with large purple orbs of death. :doh:

Baneblade
2006-01-15, 07:00 PM
Besides, the Jackhammer is supposed to wtfpwn you if you get too close to it. So if you get tri-jacked, you deserve it. Just like you deserve to get lasher spammed for zerging a back door that's filled with large purple orbs of death. :doh:

Yeah, and just like you deserve to get owned by an MCG at 15 yards when you only have a Gauss.

shorts41
2006-01-15, 07:04 PM
That's why you use the Cycler outdoors.:huh:

Ghoest9
2006-01-15, 11:06 PM
Normal infantry cant hide very well from vehicles.

It would be both more realistic and fun if normal infantry werent so visible to reavers tanks and BFRs.
Of course some exception could be made for infantry holding anti-vehicle weapons in the name of balance.

AztecWarrior
2006-01-15, 11:56 PM
BFRs, BFRs, and more BFRs. They create a game, balance it relatively well, and then skullfuck it with giant robots. I realized that my days playing PS were numbered when I saw a row of TR BFRs firing against a row of NC BFRs. Nobody used anything else.

Hamma
2006-01-16, 12:11 PM
Yea thats one of the reasons I stopped, thats pretty much gone now though ;D

Marsman
2006-01-16, 01:37 PM
Yup same here. I think PS kinda reached a point of staleness or repetition to which adding BFR's really didn't solve... at least after their initial release when it basically turned PS into Mech Wars for a time.

Now a BFR is a "strong tank", reasonable in numbers, a nice plus but not an overwhelming force, and cetainly defeatable with moderate effort. The additional of squad tools and the merrit systems has freshened up PS a little, and having taken a break for a time, playing it again is fun and refreshing.

You can't beat the game concept and there really isn't anything out there quite like PS for team play on a grand scale. I think we all agree it's not what it could be in potential, but considering the technology of this game was dated even when it was released, it surviving pretty well considering it's limitations.

OneManArmy
2006-01-16, 01:57 PM
what bothers me about ps? looks like butt and it plays like butt.

I love the whole ps idea. I love the ideas behind the factions and the setting and the weapons and vehicles, I love dropships and drop pods and massive battles

but honestly, this game just doesn't play as well as other FPS's, the actual combat of ps... just sucks.

BUGGER
2006-01-16, 09:16 PM
was joking dude. I'll add a smily face next time. ;)

I don't see BRFs much anymore, which is good. I think it was only for a short time that BRFs were roaming everywhere. It was just because everyone wanted to try them out. After they were considerably nerfed, people just lost interest. BRFs to me look like giant walls. Impossible to pass. Nowadays though, its so easy to get rid of one. I'm defending a bridge and I see a BRF comnig along, everyone screws the other enemy soldiers, they all shoot at the giant green thumb standing out alone on the bridge. BRF's are no longer a problem.

And reffering to the Reaver's taking out one soldier with an entire clip. Its mean for the rockets to blow up vehicles, not soldiers. Its an unrealistic balance, but its true. Ofcourse, that doesn't stop me.:D

xmodum
2006-01-16, 09:56 PM
Meh, I stopped playing a week or so before BFR's came out, if I remember correctly. Not cause it got stale, but because my video card took a dump and our new (old crappy one) one couldn't handle 5v5 infantry battles. Peacemaker and Electro showed me EVE and it didn't lag........

I'm patching atm., but I'm sure that after a couple of hours I'll have plenty to bitch about when I figure what still sucks :)

btw, tanks 4tw.

Hisagawa
2006-01-17, 02:22 AM
Just got back to playing but caught this one real quick...how a larger percentage of the game is overrun by assholes.

Ait'al
2006-01-17, 06:56 PM
Just got back to playing but caught this one real quick...how a larger percentage of the game is overrun by assholes.

haha. Yea I'll have to agree. That is the number one unsaid problem with ps!

xmodum
2006-01-17, 10:54 PM
Played some today. Had to create a new TR character on Emerald to play with Peacemaker and the bunch, but had some good fun. Then I went to Markov with my NC main, got my new certs and kicked arse. I might stay on Markov mainly, since he is already BR19/CR2.

Only thing that bothered me was that everyone and their mother could see me when I was cloaked (Mainly play infil), I'd be sitting still, won't see the Darklight come above their tag, but yet they one-shot meh. Frusterating.

Hamma
2006-01-18, 08:25 AM
Yea everytime that happens Jen starts yelling, she plays infil mainly as well.

BUGGER
2006-01-18, 03:47 PM
Yesterday I decided to fire up my NC character that i made on one of the small servers and i was just driving a lightning and i decided to stop and check the scenery....right where i hit the brakes I ran over an enemy cloaker. It was great. :lol: