PDA

View Full Version : Help against the onslaught of OSes

Majik
2006-02-01, 06:24 AM
Just posted this on the forums and I like to get actual feedback on the idea other then the expected "Oh my god you useless noob Oses aren't a problem I earned it"

I still think that they should implement a new ability into the AMS.

Problem : The ams is the only vehicle in the game that can't get out of the way of an OS when the pilot is still in it (deployed).
Solution : Implement a new feature that allows the pilot to switch the cloaking bubble into a shield capable of making the AMS survive an OS.

Implementation: The pilot must remain in the AMS to use this. Hearing an OS charge up he hits a button that wraps the power going into the cloak into a shield on the AMS. This shield protects the vehicle alone not those around it. This would uncloak the AMS but give it the defense to survive the OS hit. The driver could then undeploy and move after the strike.

Bonus: No more bitching on the forums about there being to many OSes, since the main thing that prompts this is seeing 5 AMSes blown up in as many minutes.

Hamma
2006-02-01, 07:44 AM
I feel your pain hehe - the OF is hell for these types of threads.

I think the OS is a VERY important part of battle, but on the flip side to many OS's become a major issue like we have now. You can't seem to get an AMS up without it getting owned in about 2 seconds. Heck sometimes people even burn their OS to take you out in a turret or something.

Increasing the timer maybe? Or even making it so you cannot use the OS until you have been logged on for x amount of time? I'm sure there are a ton of other ideas out there as well I look forward to reading them :D

BlackDrop
2006-02-01, 09:01 AM
-Adjustment of OS re-use timers.

-Instead of starting the game with an OS, you start the game on a 1 hour timer (or maybe 2 or 3). Basically, you have to be in game a certain amount of time before being able to use it.

-Make CR5 an "active" type of position and not a position where once achieved you get a big new weapon. How to do this? Active CR5 participation in game gives the CR5 the priviledge of using the OS.
--Cons: Too many to write.

-Fodderside numbers may bring back the numbers where the amount of OS hits do not ebb the tide of battle.

-What if instead of the OS being just a click and point you make a mini meter out of it? Just like in golf games when you are about to hit the ball...the meter goes back and forth rather quickly - you have to hit the middle of the meter to hit the ball the straightest.
To use the OS you have to get the meter right in the middle...the deployment of the OS is dependant on where you land on the meter. So if you hit the far left on the meter your OS lands far left of the intended target.

Also, the more troops that are deployed in the area - the faster the meter moves.

Of course if you are good at the meter thing then this shouldn't be an issue...but under pressure could be quite the animal to overcome.

n2q0_matrix
2006-02-01, 05:50 PM
Just what we need...an obstacle course in the middle of our Space Ship.

It would be damn funny tho...go to OS an AMS...and miss the middle...OS"ing your own CY. LOL

Hamma
2006-02-01, 06:53 PM
:lol:

Good point :D

Electrofreak
2006-02-02, 04:24 AM
As an AMS driver... I must say the OS explosion sucks