PDA

View Full Version : Empire Double Teams

Hamma
2006-02-06, 07:33 PM
Why is it 9 times out of 10 on Emerald the VS and NC team up against the TR? Tonight Cery is being raided by NC and Forseral the VS - both full scale primary targets. Why is this? Can't you guys go target a neutral continent? or even *shudders* eachother?

I do not understand this, since I have come back several months ago this continues to be an issue, and a lame issue that is easily fixed by the players themselves.

Mag-Mower
2006-02-06, 07:35 PM
Lemme ask you why your team, too, does that with the vs?

Hamma
2006-02-06, 07:38 PM
Very rarely does this happen, not nearly as much as it happens with the VS/NC vs TR :( moreso it seems than any other server I have played on or read about.

Mag-Mower
2006-02-06, 09:23 PM
Well, i wouldnt know, because I think that stuff is lame. Anyways, I just shoot anything that shows up as red on my radar, so if there was a "peace treaty" I would probably be the first to break it :p woo i pwn

Ait'al
2006-02-06, 09:30 PM
It tends to be from a lack of certain TR tactics that leaves everyone with no choice. You have to be more aggressive in the areas your not. I forget the specific strategy but its always a mark of Emerald TR not to do this. We fight the NC (as VS) then end up fighting you because you always put yourselves in the same tactical situation.

I think the VS and NC are doing more the same strategy to much of the time and the TR end up always waiting and doing the other and not being assurtive enough on the prior main cont fight for the other two empires. Its the same way with the NC and VS. We always forget to keep the upswing afterwords if you will and dont do enough of the strategy i think the TR always keep up on.

Its a lack of general strategy from the continental lv down to, and partialy because of, the strategies that have been lost on the base lv because of the game changes since, whenever. The one leads to the other. Atleast thats how i've seen it for the last year and a half. Untill the game is set back to higher hit damage in general, and faster death, and when they remove ability to talk on death, etc, i think the game will be vulnerable to this. Everyone plays at just about the simplest strategy possible. The game will do, for now, mostly what is most likely to happen. Its like the simplest common denominator, i think it called(simplest common something). The theory about society falling eventually into the simplest common beleif that is held. Untill you cut those other things off at the bud, it will continue to simplify where and whenever possible. Its has something to do with group behavior studies. And as usually the internet is the most like those theories because of the annanimity and thats effect on peoples behavior.

WolfA4
2006-02-07, 12:32 AM
it's all perspective. To TR it seems like they are being ganged up on, and to us NC it seems like we are being ganged up on, no one likes VS so no one gangs up with them purposely :P

trust me, about 80% of all my kills are Barneys rather tahn Elmos.

BUGGER
2006-02-07, 12:48 AM
Yes I see that happen a lot. I just hope they both get fed up on one continent. So while they are arguing over Forseral, we take our forces to Solsar or Amerish and just haul ass.

Otherwise yeah, I think I've been to Forseral more than any other Continents combined. Continents i'm never on or never have big fights on (sadly cause I love these places) is Oshur, Ishundar or Searhus. Searhus i love the landscape, great place to have hours of just pure killing. I have yet to have a good battle on Oshur.....as a matter of fact I hacked every island by myself never firing a bullet. Why is this? Because they are not linked to any empire Sanctuary. Everyone wants empire benefits, hacking Ishundar or oshur gets you nothing but a nice circle around that cont stating that THAT IS YOURS. Only continent that is exeptional to that is Cyssor.....but thats because its Cyssor.

Sometimes.....I miss old Planetside.....it made it more fun to travel too.

Hamma
2006-02-07, 07:00 AM
Good posts :D

No fights on Oshur eh? I have fought there quite a bit in the past months. But it does seem to be the same old continents again and again. Cyssor is a problem because for some reason the empires love to lock up in a solid 3 way 33% 33% 33% and that isn't fun for anyone. It is really near impossible for anyone to gain a victory in that setting. And once you get in that position people don't leave :\

2006-02-07, 11:30 PM
I doubt they are teaming up, they are just trying to ninja a cointient while you are busy fighting on another.

SC385
2006-02-08, 10:39 PM
it does seem like the TR are always getting double teamed more than the others. i think in the past week we've defended Cery and Forseral 3 nights while i think the NC have only had to do it once and Vs havent done it at all. This is why i think the Devs should rotate which conts are connected to each sanc. It would change up which conts we are defending all the time and give us a chance to fight somewhere new.

I just really wish the devs would undo the capitals, the lattius "fixes", and bring back old oshur. that would make the fights flow very differently and would reduce time spent on TR conts because thats when we had to start defending cery and forseral all the time.

GForce05
2006-02-09, 07:56 PM
When I play as NC I dont mine double teaming because Im a surgeon with the Jackhammer... But when I play as TR (which I almost always do, cuz its my main char) I cant stand double teaming (or rather, a 3 way fight, rarely do people plan a double teaming) due to the fact that for some reason every noob in PS feels the need to join TR emerald because they see "OMG NO WAYZ LIEK A CHAIN GUN OMG LIEK WOW" and then they suck with everything and complain about how bad TR is, and leave and join VS and are like "OMG LIEK NO WAYZ I CAN GET 500 KILLS WIT TEH LASHER SAUCE LIEK OMG HACKA HACKSHACKAS!!!" and tell everyone else to play VS and then TR is stuck with all the idiots that dont know what squads or outfits are and zerg all day with their suppressors.