PDA

View Full Version : New vehicles

Edycal
2006-02-07, 09:16 AM
If SOE was to create new vehicles for planetside, wat u guys think they should be?....armament, design...

Nitsch
2006-02-07, 03:44 PM
I would like to see an AWAC type plane that was similar to a skeeter that showed you red dots where the enemy was, but also had the purpose of blocking OS's, emp blasts and other CR stuff.

It could call down empire wide waypoints so that flails could pound a position. Also act as a flying amp station that would put shields on friendly vehicles filling a similar role like lodstars.

Or anything that would cut back on getting OS'ed so often. There really is no defense against those things besides running.

WolfA4
2006-02-07, 05:11 PM
I would like a larger main battle tank that is specific to each empire, which would act almost like artilery pieces with personal defense against infantry units but weak against the original tanks.

as well as an empire specific sunderer varient.

Hamma
2006-02-07, 09:44 PM
I've always wanted to see a smaller transport aircraft, maybe 5 guys that had afterburners and could drop people off quickly.

Electrofreak
2006-02-08, 03:17 AM
Phantasm. 'Nuff said. I remember being there when T-Ray drew this. :D That was a year and a half ago and we still haven't seen it... (Well, I guess thats the point of a stealth air transport right?) :p

http://www.planetside-universe.com/media/main/misc/concept/phantasm.jpg

Lonehunter
2006-02-08, 04:51 AM
Air to Air Aircraft

I used to want Heavy Tanks, but after seeing BFRs I think they should stay with Medium ones.

Dirt Bikes, faster then ATVs, and even less durable.

Phantasm.

Moveable artilery. Not more flails, let say someone can pull a Mortar Launcher from a Vpad, they can drive it very slowly (like 20 kph). One thing it can do though is latch on to the back of a Deliverer or Asslt Buggy, like a trailer. Witch can then be haulled somewhere for deplolyment. Many ideas can branch from this, emp specific trailers etc. If they could fire while being towed, but maybe with some type of rate of fire or accuracy penalty, that coudl add a whole new concept.

BadDogEDN
2006-02-08, 05:13 PM
I agree with the guy thats said we need hvy tanks but they should be common pool so no one bitches cause the nc one would have another long range shotgun , vs whould have a laser beam of death , and tr would shoot flak... grr i hate flak