PDA

View Full Version : From what i think can be turned into a fairly profound statement.

Ait'al
2006-03-10, 07:32 PM
Thread could also be called. Where has time gone!

This is from the prima official strategy guide. I felt i should post this one!
copyright 2003 mind you.

Things to Avoid

Everyone makes mistakes. The interesting thing about PlanetSide is that you can get killed alo and still be a very affective player. Or, you can slay legions of foes and not make much difference at all. Here are a few tips on avoiding the most common pitfalls.

AVOIDING POINTLESS BATTLES

We guarantee that some folks won't understand the goals of PlanetSide, no matter how long they play. Instead of engaging in important activities, like attacking or defending a base, they'll wade into pointless battles and consistantly fail to help their Empire.

You'll always be able to find pointless battles, no matter where you look. These battles often take place outside, halfway between an attacking force's AMS and a defending base ( or between an attacking tower and defending base). ATtackers continuously respawn at the AMS, Trickle out onto the plains, and start running around and shooting at base defenders. that have likewise trickled out from the base walls.

This sort of fighting can be futile. The defender mow down the attackers like wheat, but the attackers keep popping up the AMS. On the flip side, the attackers keep shooting the defenders wandering through the area, but they'll never get inside the base itself.
-----------------------------------------------------
Note#1 (blocked off area) It's fine to engage in pointless fights when you first start to play. This sort of continual action helps you rack up BEPs and gain Battle Ranks. When you've reached a comfortable Battle Rank, though, it's time to start thinking more strategically.
-----------------------------------------------------

In this situation, the defenders are "winning," since the attackers probabley won't get anywhere-- but they could still do bettter. They should gather some combat vehicles or mass in overwhelming numbers and go take out that AMS or tower. Then blasting the atttackers will actually mean something; they'll respawn farther away, and they'll have to waste lots of time and effort to get back.

Likewise, the attackers need to gather near the AMS, then advance on the base as a group; ideally they should head for the bck door, so they can avoid as much fighting on the base grounds as possible. Meanwhile, a driver should hang back and drive the AMS to a safer location.

-------------------------------------------------------
Note#2
If you find yourself fighting near a tower or AMS, And you never seem to be getting any closer to the enemy base, either call in reinforcements for a big push or rethink the strategy and try another tactic or location.
-------------------------------------------------------

END

How much does this honestly bring to mind to you about how much more we could be doing in a situation?

Considering when i first started playing this game this info was almost useless, this info does a pretty good number on any arguement on current game disscussion!

Alot of people left the game because of what some of this describes. I think this says alot of things about what some of those players had been yelling about( or maybe what i yell about). And the stuff in this book on sqaud compilation on the prior page and other pages even more!!

Though take note i'm not neccesarily just talking about the individual pieces of information in this, but the whole image.

I think I recomend people buy the guide. Even if they don't get anything useful from this they will from something else in the book. And it will make a big difference in current play.

Don't mean to be brash or gloat, but, I think this could be very intersting to many people.

The stuff in this book just gets more usefule as you read on too. Atleast if you're looking at the game from this perspective.