PDA

View Full Version : Planetside worth coming back to

sirachman
2006-03-22, 12:34 PM
I remember the good times I used to have with Planetside back in 2003 on Emerald playing NC. I am wondering if the game is still so amazing as it once was. For some reason I visited the main page the other day and my heart actually jumped when I heard the game music, I remember so many great times with my old disbanded group.. Is the game still as great as it was back before core combat and aftershock? Or is it better or worse?
Is the community still as good also, can you still find a platoon (or whaterver they were called I forget) full of mature people easily and have great times? Please inform me because I really hope I can get back in on some of what I miss so much!!

~Adam (Sirachman)

Hamma
2006-03-22, 02:54 PM
More likley to get answered in this forum ;)

Many of your questions are scattered all over the first page of this particular forum so take a look around :D

WritheNC
2006-03-22, 06:46 PM
I've got a question about this too.

My other question is also about that heavy scout rifle and it's optimal use and all that.

How does it rate from 1 to 5 at close, medium, and long ranges?

2006-03-22, 07:47 PM
I hardly see a purpose for the heavy scout rifle, the normal sniper is stronger, making it better for long ranges and any empire HA weapon is better for medium and close range combat.

LesserShade
2006-03-23, 09:34 AM
The Scout rifle is ok. It's nice to use as a sort of decaff sniper rifle if you don't want to blow 3 points certing for the bolt driver. Sometimes I use it along with the bolt driver to finish people off that are running around like chickens with their heads cut off because of the refire rate.

Jeffey
2006-03-23, 10:22 PM
Man I don't care what anyone says, I love this game more than any game I've ever played. Come back, enjoy. ITS PLANETSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire Drone
2006-03-31, 04:53 AM
Man I don't care what anyone says, I love this game more than any game I've ever played. Come back, enjoy. ITS PLANETSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!
quite true, haven't finished patching yet, but i'm sure as hell looking foward to flying some planes >_<

Zylander
2006-04-11, 02:02 PM
I think its worth comming back to. I originally started playing this back when it first came out. I beta tested it and when it was released I made a full character. After about a year and a half I quit, but came back a few months ago and Ive been having a blast.

Core combat is actually kinda fun, there are some good fights down there. But the whole aftershock thing was dumb. Instead of continents on one planet, they are all different planets...stupid, especially when somany things in the game still refere to auraxis and the continents.