PDA

View Full Version : Emphasis on BFR's

TheRegurgitator
2006-03-25, 08:13 PM
Well, I don't really play PS, but I'm thinking about getting back into it. I was reading this thread on the official website, I was going to say something, but forgot I couldn't because I wasn't a subscriber to planetside.

EDIT: the link I posted brought me to a wrong section, so heres directions to the thread:

PlanetSide Official Forums : Community : PlanetSide Discussion : What the hell is wrong with you Devs...

Anyways, they talk about how in the videos on the main PS website, the emphasis is on BFR's and vehicles. I was going to make a post saying something like this:

The video advertising PS should start out showing a small infantry battle(lets say TR vs NC) - no vehicles. One side(TR) seems to be losing horribly(cue dramatic music), one of the commanders calls in for some backup. Scene switches to a platoon of tanks(cue metal or hard rock), behind the armored column there are 2-3 BFRs, from a very low perspective, like a pebble on the ground. The screen shakes as they step. They then engage the NC and wipe out half of their team. The NC commander calls in air support, and a huge squadron of mosquito's, reavers, and a galaxy or two, are now inbound. They engage, blowing up some of their enemies, and the galaxies deliver more fresh troops for the NC. Meanwhile, VS are planning an attack from that one 3D table top thing. They could just bomb them or something I'm not sure. But it's got to introduce the different aspects of the game one by one.

If someone could copy and paste that on the official forums that'd be great.