PDA

View Full Version : Computer Troubles

WildEagle
2006-06-02, 06:22 AM
Since I bought Planetside about a month ago, I have been having alot of fun. And lately, it seems like I've gotten way better, but lately I, and in fact ever since i started playing the game, I always get a "Connection From Server" in mid-fight, which basically makes me end up dying. I dunno if it's my computer or not, but I would like to build a new one that's better suited for this game and others. Anyway, could anyone manage in their free time to find sites where I can find parts to build a better computer for gaming also, if you know why I constantly get these meassages?

*$800-$1000 is my price limit*
**I want a Dual Core :D**

Electrofreak
2006-06-02, 08:08 AM
Doesn't sound like a hardware issue, sounds like a router/ISP issue. What kind of internet service do you have?

Setari
2006-06-02, 10:35 AM
http://www.newegg.com

If you still need a new computer, that's almost the only site you need. :p

As for the connection issue, I'd agree with Electro, it sounds like your router/connection can't handle the traffic.

Rbstr
2006-06-02, 01:23 PM
I'd add in www.xoxide.com and www.frozencpu.com for cases/cooling/psu's

xoxide's got great deals on good cases and psus.

I'll see if I can price you a new system a little later. But so you can did around: intel's Core 2 Duo comes out in a few months, from everythign we hear it's going to kick the pants off of AMD's offerings right now.

It's pin compatable with the newest verions of Intels curent mobo's and should works with just bios updates.

So get a cheap CPU now, and get a Core 2 when they show up.

WildEagle
2006-06-02, 02:14 PM
if it's a router problem, do any of you know how I could fix it? I have comcast broadband internet btw

Electrofreak
2006-06-02, 05:42 PM
Well, you probably want to start with a trace route to make sure it's not an ISP issue. Basically you want to make sure you've got good ping and you're not dropping too many packets (bits of data).

I'd suggest trying some of the suggestions listed here: http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/board/message?board.id=pstechsupport&message.id=65950#M65950

WildEagle
2006-06-02, 10:53 PM
didnt really help, I know for sure it's my router tho