PDA

View Full Version : Cheap X800...

Mag-Mower
2006-06-04, 02:30 PM
Just saw this card on ebay, its an x800, only $15... Was wondering if any one could read it over, or tell me if there should be any problems... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8821779324

Setari
2006-06-04, 02:48 PM
Well, it's not like it would be a huge ripoff unless you don't get the card, but that doesn't seem likely. The seller has a decent bit of positive feedback. As for the card itself, I can't see anything wrong with it. It definitely is a 256 MB card so he's not lying in that respect. Everything seems to be legit, and again it's not a huge amount of money you would be out if something goes wrong.

Also, make sure that you realize it's a regular x800, not Pro or XT, which means it's the lower end of that stack. Seems like a good deal to me.

Mag-Mower
2006-06-04, 03:01 PM
Ok, ill do some research, and i dont care much if it is a plain x800, simply becuase i need to get rid of this x300 se...

Disconnecting
2006-06-04, 05:21 PM
Maybe he is going to commit suicide and wants to get rid of his stuff cheaply for the hell of it? I never did trust ebay for electronics but all I can say is that the card *looks* like what he said it is. You can always contest it to get back your 15$

Rbstr
2006-06-04, 11:11 PM
If it works $15 is a great price. But also realize this is an auction, it end in 2 days, plenty of people can still bid on it.

Staring an auction low is a way to get an Ebay item attention to begin with.

Realize that card isn't that new, 2 gens. behind.

Electrofreak
2006-06-05, 02:13 AM
Yeah... if it had a Buy It Now price of $15 I'd say jump all over that. But people will likely bid on it. Doesn't hurt to give it a shot though, but don't go bidding much more than a hundred bucks or so unless you're serious.

Mag-Mower
2006-06-05, 05:53 AM
If it works $15 is a great price. But also realize this is an auction, it end in 2 days, plenty of people can still bid on it.

Staring an auction low is a way to get an Ebay item attention to begin with.

Realize that card isn't that new, 2 gens. behind.

Im fine with it being 2 gens old, simply because I need a new card just to hold me over for an other few months 'till the G80's are out. Im going to wait untill wednesday before I place a bid though.