PDA

View Full Version : Police Departments

LimpBIT
2006-08-11, 03:00 AM
Well over the past month or so I have seen more commercials for local police departments hiring than I have seen comcast commercials. I know that they need people but god damn! They are spending millions of dollars a day advertising on TV??? I didnt know they were so desperate. Has anyone else in other areas been noticing this?

Jaged
2006-08-11, 03:16 AM
I haven't noticed it... Then again I am not watching much TV and any TV I do watch is tivoed so i skip commercials. So that would explain why I haven't seen any.

BUGGER
2006-08-11, 04:13 AM
I haven't seen tv advertisements, but I've seen billboards and posters and such. Sheriff, police, maybe half the towns I live around are "now hiring".

Honestly being a good policeman is very hard. So much lae on top of your shoulders, with all the power you have in your jumpsuite, it takes a lot to not be a greedy cop or to not appear as one.

Hamma
2006-08-11, 07:35 AM
Being a police office has always been appealing to me, but I am not sure I would be cut out for it.

I have 2 or 3 guys I went to school with on the local police force now :eek:

LimpBIT
2006-08-12, 01:30 AM
I was thinking about it for a while, but firefighter is my thing :\

BUGGER
2006-08-12, 02:55 AM
I was thinking about it for a while, but firefighter is my thing :\

yes actually now and then it passes me to be one of those fire helicopter pilots, it be an interesting job.

Although....watching those narly plane/heli crashes in the other thread.....i might reconsider. :lol: