PDA

View Full Version : Students of PSU unite!

Rbstr
2006-08-22, 12:49 PM
I'm finaly back online after moving into the dorms over here. I'm wondering which of us PSUers are doing the whole collegiate thing, and what they are studying.

To begin:
I'm at Kansas State dualing in Chem Engineering and Chemistry

Strygun
2006-08-22, 01:02 PM
Samford (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samford_University) University (http://www.samford.edu),
Double Major:
1. Secondary Education with an emphasis on English
2. Spanish Language

Jaged
2006-08-22, 01:20 PM
Senior in high school this year. College is comming up soon.

Infernus
2006-08-22, 02:17 PM
PENN STATE SUCKS!

oh... you mean this PSU.

University of Pittsburgh School of Engineering, dauling in Engineering Physics and Bio-Engineering.

I might be changing the physics course in favor of Architectural engineering.

OneManArmy
2006-08-22, 02:54 PM
stalker *******. :p

University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

Information Systems and Operations Management. I think its a big long fancy title for business something or other.....

xmodum
2006-08-22, 07:25 PM
Junior in High school ;)

Mag-Mower
2006-08-22, 08:13 PM
This is my final year in high school. Then its off to the west coast for some VFS.

ViperGTS
2006-08-22, 08:56 PM
One more year of high school.
I fucked up along the way =\
Then USMC, fuck paying for collage....fuck being a pussy.
Fuck spelling words the right way.

Kikinchikin
2006-08-22, 10:47 PM
James Madison University, psych major, moving in tomorrow. Needless to say I am fucking stoked.

LimpBIT
2006-08-22, 11:55 PM
one more year of high school and than im off to either ASU or UC Davis

Ivan
2006-08-23, 03:24 AM
PENN STATE SUCKS!

oh... you mean this PSU.

University of Pittsburgh School of Engineering, dauling in Engineering Physics and Bio-Engineering.

I might be changing the physics course in favor of Architectural engineering.

Maybe while you're here in Pittsburgh you can engineer me a... uhhh... crap it's 4:25am and I can't think of anything good. :(

Sorry.

Derfud
2006-08-23, 03:26 AM
University of Victoria in Social Sciences

Basically I want to be a career Adventurer/Archaeologist. So I'm taking geography, astronomy, anthropology, ancient greek and roman studies, and german.

Mag, where are you planning on attending over here?

Ivan
2006-08-23, 03:41 AM
Basically I want to be a career Adventurer/Archaeologist.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/e0/250px-Indiana.jpeg

Derfud
2006-08-23, 03:49 AM
Thats the one, I already have the hat.

Alternatively:
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/imagesblog/920daniel.jpg

Ivan
2006-08-23, 09:54 AM
But with-out the space and aliens. Hehe:)

Mag-Mower
2006-08-23, 12:06 PM
Im going to go to Vancouver Film School. The Course is Acting For Film and Television.

Derfud
2006-08-23, 05:33 PM
Cool, also, how convenient that Stargate is filmed in Vancouver.

I Hate Pants
2006-08-23, 06:00 PM
Half of HollyWood is filmed in Vancouver. All of Uwe Boll's movies are filmed in Vancouver.

Anyways im going to Seneca College in Toronto to study Computer Systems Technology. I'd like to work as IT security for a bank in downtown Toronto or something related. All I know is that I want to work with computers and work in the city.

Mag-Mower
2006-08-23, 08:56 PM
Thats good to know. Unfortunatley though, I dont know if this place can be called a college, or a trade school... after all, it doesnt even last a year. But then I look at what the graduates are doing now, and it gives me a bit more confidence.

Giovanni
2006-08-23, 10:03 PM
I'm studying to be a hobo... and I'm failing miserably! :(

Derfud
2006-08-24, 05:57 AM
Less than a year huh? Who are some of the graduates?

Infernus
2006-08-24, 05:57 PM
Ivan I'm moved in at school. Visit me now you ass.

Giovanni
2006-08-24, 06:01 PM
Ivan I'm moved in at school. Visit me now you ass.

By "I'm moved in at school" he means, "I'm bent over".

And by "visit me now you ass" he means, "Visit my ass.... you ass.."

I'm sorry... I'm tired it was the best I could do!

Mag-Mower
2006-08-24, 07:50 PM
Graduate include - Jovanna Huguet(Supernatural), Clifton Murray(Shes the man) and Tara Spencer-Nairn(Corner Gas)

kurushio95
2006-08-24, 09:35 PM
two more years of high school for me, tehn it's off to texas a&m (hopefully) for history and etemology (sp?) or anthropology

Infernus
2006-08-25, 03:15 PM
Nevermind Ivan, I don't need you anymore.

I have friends in the frat houses.

Ait'al
2006-08-25, 03:56 PM
I just signed up for ITT.

Computer Network Systems.

Ivan
2006-08-25, 06:21 PM
Nevermind Ivan, I don't need you anymore.

I have friends in the frat houses.

A gay frat? Is one of the initiations having sex with a girl? Oh the humanity! ;)

I have no car, no job, and zero money. And live about 30 to 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh so I can't really walk down.

Where are you staying at? What part of town?

Infernus
2006-08-25, 07:37 PM
The towers in oakland.

Freshman have to live on campus.

Ivan
2006-08-26, 12:46 AM
Be careful when you crash parties Infernus or anyone for that matter. A few friends and I were walking down some small little street in Oakland and a cute girl yelled out the second story window to come up to the party. We already had a few drinks by then and where just looking for some place to eat. So we figured eh why not!?

So we went up and I was talking to that girl who yelled out the window. We were only there for like 5 minutes and behind me I heard some guy yelling, "Who the hell are you? What are you doing here? This is my place! I didn't invite you!" And the yelling continues as a few people walk out the door.

Right then I start to hear people talking about someone pushing someone down the steps. I started to look around for my 2 friends. I didn't see any of them. I think to myself, "I better check the steps."

There's a few people standing at the top of the steps looking down at my one friend helping my other friend up. So I grabbed they guy that was yelling by the back of the collar and pull him out of my way. I assume he was drunk because I almost pulled him down on his butt. I'm not a big guy mind you.

I walk down the 5 or so steps that my friend apparently got pushed down and we go back to my friend's apartment to drink some more. The next morning my friend's one ankle was swollen, but not broken. Ah the memories. :lol:

Giovanni
2006-08-26, 07:25 AM
That sucks...

We never have big ass parties around here... well... none that I know of! (I'm such a reject)

And most of the time they turn out to be either

a) a sausage fest

b) a couples meeting where no one is single

c) just plain ass weird where everybody winds up fucking somebody in a corner of the house

d) regular old party but not alot of people

Sometimes a huge ass party will happen but it's so rare... it doesn't even fit into the options. In fact most of the big parties are around the clubs...

Hamma
2006-08-26, 11:17 AM
Sounds like a good time Ivan :lol:

BUGGER
2006-08-26, 04:24 PM
Oakland in Bay Area?

yeah i'm a Junior. I'll probably go to some college where I can learn archetecture, english because I can't spell that word, and maybe mechanics (Wyotech, UTI). Otherwise if that fails I'll also be trying to learn to fly and/or go airforce.

Giovanni
2006-08-26, 04:40 PM
Oakland in Bay Area?

yeah i'm a Junior. I'll probably go to some college where I can learn archetecture, english because I can't spell that word, and maybe mechanics (Wyotech, UTI). Otherwise if that fails I'll also be trying to learn to fly and/or go airforce.

Doesn't it take university to become a pilot? If you fail to become an architect I don't see how you could become a pilot...

Rbstr
2006-08-26, 05:27 PM
Architecture is hard shit if your at a good school.

Giovanni
2006-08-26, 05:29 PM
Architecture is hard shit if your at a good school.

And keeping a multi-million dollar piece of machinery in the air isn't? Christ on a stick... if the guy can't master drawing plans for a fucking building do you actually think he could master keeping a three ton + vehicle in the air at high velocity?

Kikinchikin
2006-08-26, 06:19 PM
We had a block party last night for the entire like apartment complex of the school. Some friends and I went to that and the shit was bananas, cops were everywhere but they are so chill here they only bust you if you've got an open container. It's actually continuing tonight, but I think we're gonna take the night off.

Mag-Mower
2006-08-26, 07:47 PM
We had a block party last night for the entire like apartment complex of the school. Some friends and I went to that and the shit was bananas, cops were everywhere but they are so chill here they only bust you if you've got an open container. It's actually continuing tonight, but I think we're gonna take the night off.

Was it b-a-n-a-n-a-s?

Giovanni
2006-08-26, 08:20 PM
Was it b-a-n-a-n-a-s?

If it were... I'd find him and shoot him.

Ivan
2006-08-26, 10:49 PM
Oakland in Bay Area?
No. Oakland, area in Pittsburgh.
And keeping a multi-million dollar piece of machinery in the air isn't? Christ on a stick... if the guy can't master drawing plans for a fucking building do you actually think he could master keeping a three ton + vehicle in the air at high velocity?
Hell, most pilots fly drunk. Can't be too hard. :lol:

Giovanni
2006-08-26, 11:06 PM
We are talking about fighter pilots right?

Otherwise I'm guessing you have a point! :lol:

Infernus
2006-08-27, 12:21 AM
Be careful when you crash parties Infernus or anyone for that matter. A few friends and I were walking down some small little street in Oakland and a cute girl yelled out the second story window to come up to the party. We already had a few drinks by then and where just looking for some place to eat. So we figured eh why not!?

So we went up and I was talking to that girl who yelled out the window. We were only there for like 5 minutes and behind me I heard some guy yelling, "Who the hell are you? What are you doing here? This is my place! I didn't invite you!" And the yelling continues as a few people walk out the door.

Right then I start to hear people talking about someone pushing someone down the steps. I started to look around for my 2 friends. I didn't see any of them. I think to myself, "I better check the steps."

There's a few people standing at the top of the steps looking down at my one friend helping my other friend up. So I grabbed they guy that was yelling by the back of the collar and pull him out of my way. I assume he was drunk because I almost pulled him down on his butt. I'm not a big guy mind you.

I walk down the 5 or so steps that my friend apparently got pushed down and we go back to my friend's apartment to drink some more. The next morning my friend's one ankle was swollen, but not broken. Ah the memories. :lol:

I've only really gone to frat parties. Rush is the best, tbh.

CMU has the best frat parties, and most of the brothers are suprisingly cool. i got in good with a bunch of them for kicking ass in flip cup.

In other news, the O kicks ass and you honestly need to find a way to get to oakland.

Setari
2006-08-27, 11:08 AM
Doesn't it take university to become a pilot? If you fail to become an architect I don't see how you could become a pilot...

Well, he'd have to go to flight school, or assuming he went with the Air Force (probably easiest way to learn to fly :P), they teach him there. It's not like you have to have a Master's to fly.

Rbstr
2006-08-27, 07:45 PM

Considering modern airliners land themselves on autopilot one out of something like ten times(not sure on the particulars).

Not that flying an airplane and drawing are quite in the same realm of skill.

Giovanni
2006-08-27, 10:56 PM
Still... if he ever does become a pilot. Tell me what airline so I can stay far away.

Infernus
2006-08-27, 11:17 PM
Flying a plane requires flight school. Just as driving a bus requires driving school.

It also requires flight experience... At least 250 hours for a commercial license.
But a commercial license doesn't mean a commercial job as most airlines set their standards a lot higher. The average is 1500 flight hours and 300 multi-engine flight hours (some require one in addition to the other). Its also fair to note that general aviation isn't for the weak of heart or mind. A monkey could fly an airplane, but he couldn't fly it well, and most pilots do have a fairly good education in mathematics. But it isn't required.

Also, its fair to note that theres 2 pilots on a plane, both with generally the same ability to control the aircraft. They also have a support team of a flight engineer and a navigator.

Giovanni
2006-08-27, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure if your siding with me or against me there... either way...

MEH!

Infernus
2006-08-27, 11:27 PM
Just trying my best to enlighten the debate.

Giovanni
2006-08-27, 11:29 PM
And we love you for it :love:!

Strygun
2006-08-28, 11:08 PM
Did I mention the girl:guy ratio at Samford is 70:30?

Derfud
2006-08-28, 11:53 PM
Thats definitely high, I thought it was high at UVic at 55:45. Then again UVic is also a party school which means, better chances of hooking up with random university girls!

Electrofreak
2006-08-29, 12:17 AM
working on my own business, and may go into business with my friend, who is rapidly becoming a millionaire doing web hosting.

Rbstr
2006-08-29, 12:37 AM
working on my own business, and may go into business with my friend, who is rapidly becoming a millionaire doing web hosting.

That's cool dude, but it does not qualify you for the uniting of students here at PSU. :p

Kikinchikin
2006-08-29, 09:36 AM
JMU is 61 39 chicks, with my class being 65 35, this in a college of 15000 people as well. Unfortunately none of that is mattering right as the girl I like presumably couldn't give two shits about me. Oh well there are, as Derf said, always random hook ups.

Giovanni
2006-08-29, 11:01 AM
Oh well there are, as Derf said, always random hook ups.

And STD's.

Who gives a shit if the girl you like doesn't like you? There's more fish in the sea. Probably hotter, more desperate ones too! :lol: That's my tactic! :p

Infernus
2006-08-29, 12:42 PM
2 Words. And these are the only 2 words any new college student needs to know.

Frat Rush.

Or you can expand it to the full 6 most important words. Frat Rush, Beer Pong, Flip Cup.

Setari
2006-08-29, 03:30 PM
The school I plan on going to is 70:30 guy:girl. Hooray engineering!

Right now I'm just a plain old junior in high school. Meh.

Mag-Mower
2006-08-29, 07:26 PM
Im back at humber. It feels mor reputable than VFS. We could hang out some time, IHP. Im sure for an arts course, it should be a higher female to male ratio. Woo!

Infernus
2006-09-04, 05:45 PM
Bump!

Rather then start a new thread, discuss all parties here.

So friday was my biggest party yet, and I paid for it. We started in the Pika house on frat hill, and then when the beer ran out I left with my friend Noah. I had like 5 beers there and I was looking for more. Went and got some "O" fries and 3 40s of Hurricane High Gravity and we went back to the party. By this time they had gotten more beer for the party so we were rocking out, I had another 3 and half a 40 of Old English.

By this point I was in a drunken stupor and smelt strongly of malt liquor.

Noah and I went to a gas station, got ourselves a pack Camel unfiltereds and wandered around south oakland. Found another frat party, partied hard, he threw up, we left.

More "O" fries.

I stumbled back into my dorm and received a citation for public drunkenness, Noah didn't even make it as far as his dorm.

Somewhere in there I withdrew and spent 150 dollars... and have nothing to show for it.

Parties kick ass.

I Hate Pants
2006-09-04, 07:16 PM
YAY! First day of school for me tommorow! Ihaven't been to school in almost 2 years now!

Im actually at the Seneca College Campus located in York University. The place is massive and all the computer classes are up to date and shit.

My schedule sucks because im gonna have to be getting up at 5 every morning from now on to attend my first morning class and than I gotta waste 3 hours doing nothing until my afternoon class starts. FUCKING BOO!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah! My class is a total sausage fest! Roughly 25-27 students and only 2-3 girls, and only 1 of them is mildly attractive looking. Whatever, I really do enjoy the large amount of asian girls located at my school! Thank you Toronto!!!!

Mag-Mower
2006-09-04, 09:31 PM
YAY! First day of school for me tommorow! Ihaven't been to school in almost 2 years now!

Im actually at the Seneca College Campus located in York University. The place is massive and all the computer classes are up to date and shit.

My schedule sucks because im gonna have to be getting up at 5 every morning from now on to attend my first morning class and than I gotta waste 3 hours doing nothing until my afternoon class starts. FUCKING BOO!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah! My class is a total sausage fest! Roughly 25-27 students and only 2-3 girls, and only 1 of them is mildly attractive looking. Whatever, I really do enjoy the large amount of asian girls located at my school! Thank you Toronto!!!!

You should be able to find something to do, after all, it is York University, thats like right in the downtown, I think. How long is your course?

Kikinchikin
2006-09-05, 12:32 AM
Didn't do too much this weekend, just went to an apartment complex with some buds and drank on the balcony. I actually prefer chilling with small numbers rather than going to huge parties, although there is of course a time for both.

Derfud
2006-09-05, 04:09 PM
Classes start tomorrow. Damn, last night was crazy.

Warmaker
2006-09-05, 04:18 PM
Might as well finaly post. Just an FYI

1. You can get a pilots license at most airports, you dont need college.
2. To get a commercial job you need ALOT of hours like Infernus said.
3. Its easy to fly a plane, landing, doing the calculations, estimating ETAs, doing weights and balances, thats the hard part.

School starts Thursday for me, unfortnuatly FASFA needed my parents .edu PIN for my FASFA app, wtf? Ive been living on my own for 5 years and they need my parents financial info? So now my funds for college are up in the air....

Edit: Its Peace btw

Infernus
2006-09-09, 05:04 PM
Click :( (http://media.www.pittnews.com/media/storage/paper879/news/2006/09/08/PoliceBlotter/Pitt-Police.Blotter-2262370.shtml?sourcedomain=www.pittnews.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com)

3:31 a.m. - Police arrested student Matthew Richard Merritt, of Philadelphia, Pa., for underage drinking in Tower A.

:(

OneManArmy
2006-09-09, 05:40 PM
?

Setari
2006-09-09, 05:48 PM
Inf got busted. Haha.

Hamma
2006-09-09, 05:51 PM
doH!

Giovanni
2006-09-09, 08:40 PM
:lol:

Infernus
2006-09-10, 01:25 AM
Edit: oops.

Derfud
2006-09-10, 05:11 AM
They just hand out tickets for underage drinking here (in public). I've never heard of someone being arrested for that.

Hamma
2006-09-10, 12:04 PM
And inside a building :confused:

Infernus
2006-09-10, 12:49 PM
I wasn't arrested, that's misleading. I was cited, so yeah a ticket.

As for inside a building, I was in the lobby of my dorm when they got me.

I'm glad they got me though, because I was pretty bad that night, and they forced me to call my roommate so that he could come help me. I'm glad they did that, otherwise...

Rbstr
2006-09-10, 01:01 PM
The unwriten rules or KSU drinking:
You won't get a ticket unless your being fucking stupid/dangerous, or you are walking around outside with alcohol(NEVER take the cup/bottle out of the party!).
It's ok in the dorms, just keep your door closed while it's being consumed or tell and RA specificaly what your doing and don't become a problem to others.

My RAs are fucking cool.

Infernus
2006-09-10, 01:46 PM
I live in a dry dorm, so we can't have alcohol here ever.

I was at a party in my friend's dorm Sutherland, thats not dry.

As for the rules of getting written up, you'll only get written up if the cops think you're in danger. I had a fucking lot to drink that night too... we figured it out to be something like 4 40's of hurricane HG (8.1%) so thats like 13 oz of pure alcohol, and like half a bottle of absolut. Which is what caused me trouble because I made a noob mistake and forget my poetry.

Beer before liquor, never been sicker.

Hamma
2006-09-10, 03:36 PM
:ugh: Ease up a bit, drinking to get completly smashed isnt as fun as drinking just enough to have fun, and make fun of the people who were as bad as you were :lol:

At least they didnt throw you in jaill.

Rbstr
2006-09-10, 03:58 PM
Very true, I'm not one for the "lets get WASTED" mentality.

Infernus
2006-09-10, 04:29 PM
:ugh: Ease up a bit, drinking to get completly smashed isnt as fun as drinking just enough to have fun, and make fun of the people who were as bad as you were :lol:

At least they didnt throw you in jaill.

I don't recall ever saying I didn't have fun that night.

Or saying that I was drinking to get completely smashed.

Derfud
2006-09-10, 04:33 PM
Beer before liquor, get drunk quicker!
Liquor before beer, you're Pam Greer!

Btw, I go hang out in my friend's dorm house all the time, every time I've been there, these guys across the hall are watching porn on a TV with the door open. It's kinda disturbing, and kinda funny at the same time.

Giovanni
2006-09-10, 04:38 PM
Getting wasted can be fun sometimes... but meh... not all the time!

Around here if you act stupid while being drunk... you get arrested, taken into jail for the night and get a nice ticket for 400$...

You just don't wanna get arrested for being an idiot with booze around here.

Rbstr
2006-09-10, 05:49 PM
Liquor/beer first doesn't count for shit, it's all about how much alcohol you drink

Hamma
2006-09-10, 06:02 PM
I don't recall ever saying I didn't have fun that night.

Or saying that I was drinking to get completely smashed.

It's still funner to make fun of people who can barely move! Never said ya didn't have fun. Shit happens every now and then, everyone got hosed well before it was legal.. well most people. Sometimes ya get caught :( at least you weren't driving.

:rofl:

Kikinchikin
2006-09-10, 11:36 PM
I was at App State this weekend with my best friend because our schools played each other in football. Last night we decided not to drink anything since we were all tired from the game. Proved to be a fortuitous decision, as RA's went on a spree busting like 25 people. We were downstairs eating Papa John's watching the whole show.

As for JMU, it's much like what Rbstr said, very lax, but just don't be belligerent/stupid.