PDA

View Full Version : Dark Messiah Multiplayer beta (free, open to all, no fileplanet exclusive bullshit)

Jaged
2006-09-06, 12:12 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/betas/darkmessiah/index.php?tag=darkmessiah_csbox_pc

It may or may not be OFN, but I figured I should post it just in case anyone wasn't aware. Or maybe its news to everyone I don't know. What I do know is I am downloading this right now and it will rule, no question.

LimpBIT
2006-09-06, 01:26 AM
Keeps tellin me im too young. even though im not. Now I gotta make a new account:rolleyes:

tbdsamman
2006-09-06, 06:54 AM
I hate GameSpot... first I wasn't old enough when I am and the date on my account says so too. Then I register another account and it can't be used because it wasn't in good standing... And all of a sudden it works. :confused:

OneManArmy
2006-09-06, 09:49 AM
sweet baby moses. ima try ito ut.

so is that link like an instant in if you have an account??? because there's a key and everything on that page? if so damn, gamespot makes this easy. lol

tbdsamman
2006-09-06, 11:12 AM
Assuming it likes you, you'll get a key you can use on Steam to activate the beta.

I think the games needs a crap load of balancing, warriors are almost unstopable and caster and screwed no matter what if one gets near them. :(

I Hate Pants
2006-09-06, 01:47 PM
yeah, I heard it has horrible balancing. Gonna wait to download this one.

tbdsamman
2006-09-06, 02:03 PM
And there is no menu once in game, hitting esc brings up the server select but it is overlayed on the game. And the only way to quit is F10 (there may be another, can't find it though).

xmodum
2006-09-06, 02:23 PM
It's beta dude......Calm down... (To Tb)

Well, all I have to say is...FUCKING AWESOME.

I loved the single player demo. Can't wait to try the multiplayer beta.

And yes, this is big news. :P

Hamma
2006-09-06, 05:33 PM
So what's the big deal with this game?

tbdsamman
2006-09-06, 07:08 PM
It's beta dude......Calm down... (To Tb)

I was saying they at least could have created an Esc menu.

I discovered there is one but you have to hit the X in the right corner of the server listings after hitting Esc.

Sentrosi
2006-09-06, 11:57 PM
So what's the big deal with this game?

I played the SP Demo and I liked it a lot. I just like getting up close and 'personal' with my killing. Sure, FPS's are all the same, but this one is different. Swing a sword to chop their head off, stealth behind them and lob a dagger between their shoulder blades or be one of those poofy sorcerers and use the power of your magic to kill them.

D/L now.

LimpBIT
2006-09-07, 12:03 AM
just got in and DANNNNNNNGGGGGG, this game rocks. They really need to balance out warriors though :\

Sentrosi
2006-09-07, 12:52 AM
Wow. I've got a 6600GT w/ 2gb DDR and a 3200+ Proc. Why is the game running so shitty? The single player demo didn't. I'm probably going to go have to look for that elusive 7800gt AGP card....

tbdsamman
2006-09-07, 06:34 AM
I think their netcode is to blame. I have a 7800GTX PCI-E with 2GB of RAM and a 4200+ processor and the games runs fine until you get close to someone, then they start warping all over the place and its hard to even hit them, let alone kill. And my ping is around 50, so I don't thing its my connection (unless its packet loss, which there is no way to tell from the game).

Edit: I joined a server not run by whoever is running most of them, and it was a actual person's server and the game seemed to be fine. (Except for the people with 7+ level that are impossible to kill.)

Hamma
2006-09-07, 11:27 AM
There are RPG elements?!

Nevermind :p

Giovanni
2006-09-07, 12:04 PM
There are RPG elements?!

Nevermind :p

You played WoW...

You now have the right to shut up about RPG's! :p

tbdsamman
2006-09-07, 02:03 PM
Levels are fine in singleplayer where the AI will be balanced. Now levels in multiplayer are horrible unless you have it like PlanetSide where it lets you have a wider variety of weapons not have access to superiour weapons.

If I was in charge of the multiplayer, I'd make it so the host selects a set amount of experience, and it doesn't change. So everyone gets a fair chance.

Hamma
2006-09-07, 02:49 PM
You played WoW...

You now have the right to shut up about RPG's! :p

Worst mistake of my gaming career that damn game. If anything I have more right to say they are the devil :lol:

LimpBIT
2006-09-07, 04:33 PM
Worst mistake of my gaming career that damn game. If anything I have more right to say they are the devil :lol:

o come on WoW isnt that bad:lol: