PDA

View Full Version : [political] wtf democrats?

Jaged
2006-09-10, 02:46 AM
http://www.speakeasy.org/~pj99/twat.gif

(See the above image for yourself at www.moveon.org until they change it.)

Basically there is this right leaning documentary on 9/11 that is going to air on ABC soon. And move on and a lot of major democrats including Mr Clinton are trying to get it off the air. Now I am not saying I would agree with with the contents of this documentary. Just why is it that these people think that anything that they do not agree with should not be allowed on TV?

Derfud
2006-09-10, 05:08 AM
because if as it says in the golden font, the scenes were indeed fabricated, then the program should not be aired under the pretense that it is a documentary.

Setari
2006-09-10, 08:48 AM
They're calling it a docudrama which I assume, given my basic knowledge of English, that the drama part is where the sensationalizing comes from, but god forbid something goes on the air that's not 100% truth.

OneManArmy
2006-09-10, 10:08 AM
whatever. If micheal moore can win best documentary or some bs like that then let the other side air thier crap too.

LimpBIT
2006-09-10, 11:27 AM
whatever. If micheal moore can win best documentary or some bs like that then let the other side air thier crap too.

/signed

Diviant
2006-09-10, 12:24 PM
Funny, that's exactly what the anchor in the news said O.o

On another note, Democrats suck. *runs away*

Infernus
2006-09-10, 12:46 PM
Why do people still have major party affiliations?

Its so fucking stupid.

Jaged
2006-09-10, 01:03 PM

Its so fucking stupid.

amen

Diviant
2006-09-10, 03:48 PM
TBH, I could care less (although I can't vote yet). But both sides do such stupid stuff that it's hard not to make fun of them.

(mostly democrats though)

Derfud
2006-09-10, 04:17 PM
Err, I'm pretty sure GWB outweighs anything the democrats can throw out there. Sorry Diviant.

Infernus
2006-09-10, 04:36 PM
TBH, I could care less (although I can't vote yet). But both sides do such stupid stuff that it's hard not to make fun of them.

(mostly democrats though)

You joking right.

Have you seen what the REPUBLICANS have done to the country lately?

Hamma
2006-09-10, 05:58 PM

Its so fucking stupid.

Agreed.

Do what I do, just don't watch it :lol:

Whenever I vote, its just voting for the lesser of 2 evils anyway :lol:

Giovanni
2006-09-10, 06:39 PM
Or you could vote for the person who represents your point of view... instead of throwing away your vote...

Hamma
2006-09-10, 07:43 PM
There are none that represent my point of view.

And instead of not voting, I vote for the lesser of the evils. If you don't vote, you don't get to bitch is how I look at it.

Giovanni
2006-09-10, 08:02 PM
Yeah, but throwing away your vote..?

I dunno... it's true not one politician will represent your values BUT you can still find one that you somewhat like and that represents you better then the other one.

Not all democrats are pro-choice, anti-guns and not all conservatives are gun-totting, anti-gay/abortion maniacs.

Sticking with one party and declaring yourself a full democrat might mean allying yourself with one politician who's exactly like Bush... just not a conservative.

Example: I'm in quebec... I'm not a separatists, but I voted for my local Bloc Qu***233;becois representative.

Setari
2006-09-10, 09:08 PM
The problem is that, if a politician deviates from party standards, he's generally ignored or silenced quickly because free thought is stupid. The other problem is the majority of people who vote are too stupid to realize that the two big candidates both suck ass.

xmodum
2006-09-10, 09:09 PM
Who cares Gio, it's one vote. And like he said, he's voting for the lesser of the two evils, I.e. the one he aggrees with more or sees would be better.

Giovanni
2006-09-10, 09:49 PM
Who cares Gio, it's one vote. And like he said, he's voting for the lesser of the two evils, I.e. the one he aggrees with more or sees would be better.

Problem being that alot of people think that way...

Kikinchikin
2006-09-10, 11:28 PM
If I could have voted in the 2004 election, it's not as if I would have been like FUCK YES I GET TO VOTE FOR KERRY! No, my thought process would have been something like, "Bush sucked the first four years. Kerry is a flip flopper but at least he's not Bush. I'll vote for Kerry."

Sad truth is that it's becoming increasingly rare for candidates with actual identities to win primaries because the party wants a bland moderate version of a candidate that either doesn't do anything once in office or else pulls a Bush and throws his shit to the wind (and often in the face of his party). I will give Bush credit for that at least, he is acting on what he believes in and not what his party is telling him to do, at least partially.

TX3RN0BILL
2006-09-11, 06:37 AM

That is in fact the only way of not having non-biased media in a country... Wether that's possible or not is questionable, but in such a large country like the US and with so many mass media companies, one would expect there to be enough to portray everybody's perspective...

Unfortunately I'm also like Hamma, not agreeing with the 2 major parties in my country, although there is a smaller party that gets my vote, so I don't really have to choose the lesser of 2 evils when I vote...

Hamma
2006-09-11, 07:43 AM
Yeah, but throwing away your vote..?

Throwing it away would be either not voting, or voting for some moron who has like .5 percent of the vote. :p

Giovanni
2006-09-11, 03:34 PM
Touch***233;.

Baneblade
2006-09-11, 03:41 PM
Err, I'm pretty sure GWB outweighs anything the democrats can throw out there. Sorry Diviant.

He doesn't outweigh Al Gore...but then the DNC can't exactly throw him anywhere.

Hamma
2006-09-11, 04:52 PM
We have al to thank for the interwebs!!111

What has GWB done!?!!? :lol:

Mag-Mower
2006-09-11, 09:38 PM
Sad truth is that it's becoming increasingly rare for candidates with actual identities to win primaries because the party wants a bland moderate version of a candidate that either doesn't do anything once in office or else pulls a Bush and throws his shit to the wind (and often in the face of his party). I will give Bush credit for that at least, he is acting on what he believes in and not what his party is telling him to do, at least partially.

And thats why Trudea rocked. Yes, he did some things that upsetted people, but he did what he felt was right for Canada.

http://www.echoworld.com/B00/B0010/010_Trudeau_by_Kash_Uschi_Graf.jpg

Alot more than what we have now. At this rate, we will be the 52nd state in a matter of months.

Kikinchikin
2006-09-11, 10:37 PM
We have al to thank for the interwebs!!111

What has GWB done!?!!? :lol:

Al Gore also invented pants.

Infernus
2006-09-12, 12:19 AM
And thats why Trudea rocked. Yes, he did some things that upsetted people, but he did what he felt was right for Canada.

http://www.echoworld.com/B00/B0010/010_Trudeau_by_Kash_Uschi_Graf.jpg

Alot more than what we have now. At this rate, we will be the 52nd state in a matter of months.

No no no.

You'll be states 50 - 60, and we'll combine the Yukon into Alaska.

Nunavet and the Northwest will be made "Block 13" where we'll send the prisoners and french dissidents.

Kikinchikin
2006-09-12, 02:33 AM
Sounds good to me.