PDA

View Full Version : CBGB's Closes :(

Kyonye
2006-10-19, 03:24 PM
CBGB's is closing. For the ones who don't know about CBGB's, it is (was) a very famous club where alot of popular rock bands got there start (including the Ramones). It is sad to see such an icon of New York City, and Rock 'N Roll, have to shut down.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/16/cbgb.closing/index.html

Giovanni
2006-10-19, 06:42 PM
Shit! :(

ViperGTS
2006-10-19, 10:33 PM
Fuck punk.
Fuck Ska.
Fuck everything about CBGB.

Giovanni
2006-10-20, 03:27 AM
Fuck punk.
Fuck Ska.
Fuck everything about CBGB.

PMS much?

Peacemaker
2006-10-20, 06:38 AM
Viper, maybe you should just stay the fuck out of Kyonye's threads and vice versa. Everything I see out of you two in eachothers threads is indirect flaming. Cut the shit. Honestly PSU is slow. We DONT need the shit.

Hamma
2006-10-20, 08:17 AM
Indeed.

ViperGTS
2006-10-20, 02:02 PM
I have nothing but love for the brotha. I honestly just really hate CBGB's. Every time I go there shit happens. Just bad blood man.
Sorry guys.

PS. Punk sucks

Giovanni
2006-10-20, 03:02 PM
I have nothing but love for the brotha. I honestly just really hate CBGB's. Every time I go there shit happens. Just bad blood man.
Sorry guys.

PS. Punk sucks

Panzy.

ViperGTS
2006-10-20, 03:20 PM
Pansy?
Haha, why?

Kyonye
2006-10-20, 03:29 PM
Viper, maybe you should just stay the fuck out of Kyonye's threads and vice versa. Everything I see out of you two in eachothers threads is indirect flaming. Cut the shit. Honestly PSU is slow. We DONT need the shit.

I am so confused....

I'm not punk fan either. Truly the only punk I like is the old stuff, like The Ramones. Actually, only the Ramones :p . I honestly don't remember a time where I flamed Viper... So still, i'm confused. The reason it is sad to see CBGB's go, is become it is such an Icon of NYC and Rock, in general.

ViperGTS
2006-10-20, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I did not think you did either.
Sure CBGB's was an icon, but that is where punk really took off. There is nothing I hate more in this world this punk.

Huzzah!

Ivan
2006-10-20, 08:09 PM
Sure it might of been an icon, but it was a small ass cramped hole in the wall. I was there with my brother when he toured with a band called Glass Jaw a few years ago. It was mid summer, hot as hell outside and felt like it was 120 degrees inside and it was so packed full that no one could even move. If there was a fire in there, everyone would of died cause there was no easy way out.

The staff there gave my brother and the band shit cause I wasn't a member of the crew and they didn't want me in there durring set up. So I guess my brother told them they'd pack up and leave then. Guess that changed their minds. MTV2 was broadcasting live that night. Would suck to have the band not play on live TV. :lol:

The best part of the whole day was at launch time when my brother and one of his friends from another tour in the area, and I went out to lunch and walked around the city.

OneManArmy
2006-10-22, 12:09 AM
CBGB's is an icon and it is sad in a way. but that being said.
fuck NYC
and fuck the Ramones. they were horrible. I dont care how cool they were in person or what revolution they started. they sucked, but I guess that was the point and I'm not cool enough to get it...

ViperGTS
2006-10-22, 02:37 PM
CBGB's is an icon and it is sad in a way. but that being said.
fuck NYC
and fuck the Ramones. they were horrible. I dont care how cool they were in person or what revolution they started. they sucked, but I guess that was the point and I'm not cool enough to get it...

QFthemotherfuckingT

LimpBIT
2006-10-22, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I did not think you did either.
Sure CBGB's was an icon, but that is where punk really took off. There is nothing I hate more in this world this punk.

Huzzah!

why hate punk so much? No respect for music that means something??

MattxMosh
2006-10-22, 06:08 PM
Sorry guys.

PS. Punk sucks

Shut up. That place DID SUCK, and Hard, it was a falling apart shit hole.

but it did a lot for many bands, and many types of music.

but its not as sad as The Rat closing. nothing will ever be as tragic.

Kyonye
2006-10-22, 07:24 PM
This thread, for the most part, is becoming a flame on CBGB's and Punk. If you don't like Punk, the most you can do is say it in a nice way.... Or, you can just shutup. I don't flame, so please don't flame my threads (I don't know where peacemaker got his information from, about me flaming..etc, etc).

OneManArmy
2006-10-23, 09:11 AM
POLKA SUCKS!!!!!!!1111111oneoneoneone

Mag-Mower
2006-10-23, 04:26 PM
POLKA SUCKS!!!!!!!1111111oneoneoneone

SUHUTUP YUO N000b!

ViperGTS
2006-10-23, 05:42 PM
I'm saying it in the nicest way possible, by saying it strait up how I feel. What better way?

Tell me though, flamse aside...what did punk mean? Seriously, I'm honestly asking.

LimpBIT
2006-10-23, 05:57 PM
I'm saying it in the nicest way possible, by saying it strait up how I feel. What better way?

Tell me though, flamse aside...what did punk mean? Seriously, I'm honestly asking.

well theres a lot of different meanings. Some bands are anti-government and stuff(not typically my style.) I normally listin to unity punk, or skin punk just because its all about keeping the friends that understand you and stuff. Some bands that call themselves punk disgrace the name-Avril Lavine, Kelly Osbourne, Thrice- but, a lot of the underground and not big label bands are great. I understand why you dont like it, a lot of people dont and I dont hold it against em.

Giovanni
2006-10-23, 07:57 PM
Aye, you can say you dislike it... saying that it sucks is basicly saying "My opinion is the only one that matters and no matter what YOU think I'm the one that's right!".

So yeah. You don't like it we get it. Now shut up and go listen to some fiddy cents.

ViperGTS
2006-10-23, 08:11 PM
Let me find a picture of my autographed Casualties shirt. Or my Justin Sane autographed shirt.

That aside I do not listen to rap at all. I'm more of a metal/thrash/death/hardcore metal type of kid.

Okay, I admit I started a arguemnt, but I believe they bring out the best in people and I wanted to see you defened your point.\

I don't hate punk, just the punk crowd. Oh, and CBGB.

Setari
2006-10-23, 08:41 PM
There was a bit on current about CBGB's. It was funny how they interviewed a bunch of people who were like "Man, we're gonna keep this place open no matter what." Obviously it didn't work. I got the impression that the place was somewhat friendly to newcomers, and while I'm not a punk fan, it did seem like a good icon going down. The space itself was tiny as fuck though. I can't imagine a crowd in the place.

Happy lil Elf
2006-10-24, 06:17 AM
Ehh, I find punk as a musical genre decent to listen to...at least some of it. Although I suppose I say that about just about any musical genre so I'm not sure how much that means.

Punk as a sub-culture though? Fuck 'em. Why? Because I find a sub-culture that as a whole is nothing more than a bunch of elitist twats hiding behind piercings to be really fucking annoying.
"Be yourself! ...but 'yourself' better be different from anything considered socially acceptable or your a fucking tool!"

Idiots.

*Edit* Oh, yeah and on topic I suppose- I would think anyone would find it to be kind of sad that the place closed down regardless of their feelings on punk. It is the loss of a place that bears a decent amount of historical significance as far as music goes. If it is/was a pit I'd rather see it restored than just demolished.

ViperGTS
2006-10-24, 04:44 PM
Elf, you get my point exactly :)

Kyonye
2006-10-24, 04:46 PM
Elf, you get my point exactly :)

It's because he's happy.

Your first post did not state what you are saying now. that's why other people were saying what they did.

Happy lil Elf
2006-10-25, 03:14 AM
The happy is just a ruse. In reality I'm jaded, bitter, cynical, hate-filled etc. ;)

Kyonye
2006-10-25, 07:35 AM
The happy is just a ruse. In reality I'm jaded, bitter, cynical, hate-filled etc. ;)

still sound happy to me.. you are santa approved..

Happy lil Elf
2006-10-25, 01:29 PM
Yeah, but not the good Santa. The Futurama Santa ;)