PDA

View Full Version : Some News

SporkfirePS
2006-11-21, 06:23 AM
Check it! (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/6668/DungeonsDragonsOnlineVictorWachterMovestoCryptic.h tml)

Peacemaker
2006-11-21, 06:59 AM
Before I even see what it is....

1st!!

Hamma
2006-11-21, 08:36 AM
Hey Spork! Sad to see you are leaving my stomping grounds we never got a chance to meet up! :p

Wish you well on your new endeavour :brow: don't be a stranger! ;)

Giovanni
2006-11-21, 09:34 AM
Now I know I'm gonna sound like an ass but... PS fell apart... DDO never really had it and now your moving on to COH and COV? I pray to god this doesnt fuck it up or else you sir will have a label!

Anyways, I wish you luck as well.

PS: Close your bathroom blinds, I watch you while you shower!

Hamma
2006-11-21, 09:49 AM
Not Spork's fault - I speak from exp when I say he is by far the best comm manager I have worked with in any game, and no I am not kissing ass its the truth :p

SporkfirePS
2006-11-21, 10:05 AM
Not Spork's fault - I speak from exp when I say he is by far the best comm manager I have worked with in any game, and no I am not kissing ass its the truth :p

Thanks for the kind words, Hamma. I wish we had hooked up too, but that's how adult life goes. Guess you will just have to start a new fansite so we can hook up again :)

At the risk of sounding defensive (and its not something I want to say too publicly), I was there during PlanetSide's best times - when Dave Georgeson and Kevin McCann were still leading the show and making something great. As excited as I was to go to DDO, it was an odd position for me since I didn't lead community there like I did on PS. I am looking forward to putting the community together over at Cryptic and getting back in the swing of it again.

(and also looking forward to missing another New England winter)

Baneblade
2006-11-21, 10:10 AM
Cools

Giovanni
2006-11-21, 10:21 AM
It wasn't with mean intent I swear.

I was just making a random comment. But with justification, I understand now.

Hamma
2006-11-21, 11:01 AM
Those were the good 'ol days of PS, Stryker, Smoke ahh memories.

(and also looking forward to missing another New England winter)

Damn you! :lol:

Sentrosi
2006-11-21, 11:39 AM
:rofl: Not good to get Hamma all jealous and stuff. I do game with him every now and then. I'd hate to have him take out his frustrations at being reminded of another New England winter by having him stab me in the back or agroing a mob or 20 on me then log out....

Peacemaker
2006-11-21, 12:36 PM
My appologies to spork, I saw DDO and closed the window :) I never really got into it. Or to be more accurate I hated it. Its cool to see you moving on to a company that could acctualy use your talants though. COH is a great game from what Ive seen. I wish you the best of luck in your new job. Please though, stop by more spork.

Electrofreak
2006-11-21, 02:04 PM
Sweet! It's nice seeing you around Spork, you were a kickass community relations manager for SOE, I can see you easily handling Cryptic.

I remember being dissapointed that you weren't able to make it to the PlanetSide Universe Mobilization Alpha, since you were (by nature of job) the most visible of the PlanetSide devs on the forums.

Anyhow, grats on the new job Spork! Don't worry, we won't tell the CoH folks about your Trekkie past. :p

Lonehunter
2006-11-21, 02:30 PM
Rock on!

Mag-Mower
2006-11-21, 03:09 PM
Hmm. Seems to be the place to be for ex-planetside members? http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6835273&an=0&page=0#Post6835273

Interesting. Anyways, good to see you go to a popular game, that is loved by many.

ViperGTS
2006-11-21, 05:43 PM
Omg puppycakes. Have fun and good luck.

Derfud
2006-11-22, 01:14 PM
You did a great job with the DDO community spork, especially considering how nuts so many of those guys were. Nothing worse than raving fanboys waving rulebooks in front of your game, telling you that it's wrong.

Are you watching Heroes on NBC?