PDA

View Full Version : Michael "Kramer" Richards commits career suicide

Giovanni
2006-11-22, 03:14 PM
The Death of Michael Richards Career

You seen this yet? The spectrum of responses in to this video range from "He's a monster and I've lost all respect for him." to "Yeah! Go Kramer!!". This makes it more clear than anything to me that no amount of "free speech" will allow us to move forward from our dark history of racism. Take the stigma away from the "N" word and you don't end up with a broken barrier between blacks and whites in this country. We will not come together and laugh about our foolish ways saying "Man how could we give that word so much power?" No. What you'd end up with is "******" bumper stickers. Those complaining that it's not fair that some get to say it and others don't need to grow up. It has nothing to do with free speech. The only thing being stiffled is your right to offend or emotionally attack another person with this particular ace-in-the-hole. No one has that right. And if you want to be technical there is no law against saying ******. You are free to do so at your own peril. Reasoning adults should not have to be told why they should avoid certain behaviors. It's a part of being a mature adult and and existing in a world with 6 billion other people.

Michael plainly lost control and immeditately tried to spin it into a commentary on the power of the "N" word. I believe he is one of a new brand of racists that don't necessarily hate minorities for the irrational reasons that our forefathers did. They just hate being told that they can't hate whoever they damn well please, while being openly hated from practically every angle. They react in an extreme manner to society telling them that are not allowed to endulge what are often very natural feelings of fear, mistrust or anger that EVERY human has. Can't walk to the other side of the street at 2 in the morning when 5 black kids approach even when you would have the same reaction to 5 white kids, can't get upset about losing a job opportunity to an underquailified minority, Have to exist just outside the invisible circle that all your black friends exist inside of even though they seem to accept in you in every other way possible. Mix all that with the racist undertone that is apart of being American (and yes it is part of being American) then you get shit like what happened at the Laugh Factory. His rage had everything and nothing to do with the black fellows that interrupted him. But it was still very real rage which is a very dangerous thing. Neither casting him as some kind of monster or as some kind of hero are the correct responces here.

Doesn't anyone wonder why he lost it like that?

None the less, for his comments he will probably dissapear off into the dark crevices of the earth.

Setari
2006-11-22, 03:50 PM
He lost it because the guys had been heckling him for most of the show. He overreacted, yes, and it will likely kill his career. It's an occurrence of some guy being racist, holy jesus, I hear people talk worse than that at school every day. Racism is common to me, maybe because I live in the south. Still, I guess it makes the news like mad because it's some guy who was famous.

Who cares, they're just words.

OneManArmy
2006-11-22, 03:57 PM
spin it around. any white person that goes to a black comedy show has a GREAT chance of getting picked on. of getting verbally abused. specially if they're interrupting the show.

maybe he is racist... I dont personally know the man. but it doesn't matter. I think the rage was just that, anger. not racisms as in he has some kind of agenda.

and honestly they probally were acting like *******. just so happens that they were black too. they can hide behind the race card, and I'm sure they will. but I bet there are plenty of black people that will say they were acting like *******.

1. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive.
a. a black person.
b. a member of any dark-skinned people.

2. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

3. a victim of prejudice similar to that suffered by blacks; a person who is economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised.

I believe he was using the 2nd version of the word, Of course he could be a blatant racist and trully meant the first definition.

Giovanni
2006-11-22, 04:02 PM
spin it around. any white person that goes to a black comedy show has a GREAT chance of getting picked on. of getting verbally abused. specially if they're interrupting the show.

maybe he is racist... I dont personally know the man. but it doesn't matter. I think the rage was just that, anger. not racisms as in he has some kind of agenda.

and honestly they probally were acting like *******. just so happens that they were black too.

There you go! Oma gets it.

Heavygain
2006-11-22, 05:16 PM

and honestly they probally were acting like *******. just so happens that they were black too. they can hide behind the race card, and I'm sure they will. but I bet there are plenty of black people that will say they were acting like *******.

I believe he was using the 2nd version of the word, Of course he could be a blatant racist and trully meant the first definition.

I'm with oma.

Derfud
2006-11-22, 06:07 PM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=242631&GT1=7703

xmodum
2006-11-22, 09:50 PM
OMA Stole my heart.

I think he did the right thing ;)

OneManArmy
2006-11-23, 10:00 AM
but on another note... he never really hada career to kill

Giovanni
2006-11-23, 11:03 AM
but on another note... he never really hada career to kill

Zing!

Hamma
2006-11-23, 06:46 PM
:lol:

He makes all sorts of money off Seinfeld still im sure.

Infernus
2006-11-23, 09:31 PM
Oh please... black people can be (and in many cases - are) just as racist as any white person.

We just can't call them on it, because then we start to get shot at.

Squeeky
2006-11-23, 10:13 PM
Where was the fuss back when every other Richard Pryor joke was "*****" this and "Crackah" that. Just another wack double standard if you ask me.

Setari
2006-11-24, 04:05 PM
White people aren't allowed to call black people racists because white people weren't slaves a long time ago.

It makes perfect sense... I swear.

Electrofreak
2006-11-24, 04:18 PM
White people were slaves a long time ago... just not in North America.

Think about it. It's possible that any one of us had an ancestor that was a slave to someone else. It happened all the time when various empires were conquering eachother in Europe and Asia thousands of years ago.

Giovanni
2006-11-24, 08:37 PM
White people were slaves a long time ago... just not in North America.

Think about it. It's possible that any one of us had an ancestor that was a slave to someone else. It happened all the time when various empires were conquering eachother in Europe and Asia thousands of years ago.

I think he was being sarcastic about the whole thing Electro.

It's known that alot of visible minorities, who aren't minorites anymore, use the fact that some of their ancestors were enslaved... to further their agenda.

Playing the race card sucks... such minorities can have exclusive clubs and if we were to do such a thing we would be branded as the new KKK's. It's idiotic.

Electrofreak
2006-11-24, 08:49 PM
Thats my point. What happened in the past happened in the past. Nobody should be using it to try to gain leverage in a race arguement.

Giovanni
2006-11-24, 08:50 PM
Sucks that our goverment doesn't think the same way...

OneManArmy
2006-11-24, 10:43 PM
NO person of ANY ethnic background will EVER be equal so long as they get special treatment GOOD or BAD.

Lonehunter
2006-11-26, 07:59 PM
My fav thing about this lil ordeal is that on Latterman he appologized to the "Afro-americans"

Setari
2006-11-26, 08:42 PM
Afro-Americans is just another way of saying african-americans. There's nothing really derogatory about it.

Hamma
2006-11-27, 07:05 AM
Everything this guy says now just sounds so phoney. He needs to just climb back into the whole he came out of :lol:

OneManArmy
2006-11-27, 09:34 AM
into the whole what?

the whole hole? you holy whore. :p

Hamma
2006-11-27, 10:10 AM
:rofl:

Hole even, hey - it was early when I posted that hadn't had my coffee yet.

Giovanni
2006-11-27, 07:08 PM
:rofl:

Hole even, hey - it was early when I posted that hadn't had my coffee yet.

That's what they all say ;)!