PDA

View Full Version : My life goes down the toilet! :)

Peacemaker
2006-11-24, 01:07 PM
So yea. Thanks giving was good and all. Good food. But you know what happens when you eat a ton of food? You take a huge shit.

So I go to work, get out, come home. God damn I gotta go now.

Sit down, do my thing, flush, stand up *blooop*.

Right in the toilet goes my newish cell phone. PEEEEEERFECT.

So now my cell phone wont turn on, Im going hunting and need it incase I get hurt or get a deer, Ive got a date with a girl but I dont remember her number, my bosses call me on that cell ... all 4 of them. Thats how I communicate with my flight instructor. Ya know? Everything. :mad: So. Now I have to go drop 150 bucks into a new phone because Ive already replaced it once (that was an incident involving a bulldozer, a giant dirt ramp, and a junkyard short bus, LOTS of beer, and 20 people inside said bus with my self driving) so they wont replace it for free.

Anyways what Im getting at is, my life went down the toilet, anyone know if it could start working again? My life is moderatly important to me.

V3 RZR btw

:groovy: :groovy: :groovy:

Electrofreak
2006-11-24, 04:13 PM
Yep. Pop it open, lay it out on a towel with a fan or hair dryer blowing on it. That's your best chance.

Hopefully there wasn't any permanent damage. Probably the hardest thing to get rid of will be any moisture between the LCD display and the view window.

If you do your best to dry it out and it still won't work, put it in the microwave for a few seconds, carefully put it back together as best you can, take it back and tell them that it just mysteriously stopped working.

The microwave will have killed the computer chips in the phone, and they most likely won't be able to prove that it was your fault. However if they find any moisture or evidence of tampering they won't fall for it.

Diviant
2006-11-24, 10:52 PM
My iPod got WASHED in the washer, full spin cycle and all. Didn't work when I got it out, left it on the window sill for a day or so, and it actually worked perfectly, had all my music and everything. So give it a while to dry. Usually if it wasn't left in the water long enough for the circuits to short, it should work. Also, make sure to recharge it.

Peacemaker
2006-11-25, 01:20 AM
I tried alot of things, failing to get it to work I opted to go to the mall on black friday (good lord what a nightmare) and get a replacement. The phones were 270 bucks. Thankfully I picked the one day in life that they were giving out FREE phones with contracts. I renewed my contract and got a replacement phone for free. I also got my mother and little bro whome are on my plan replacements for free too. I told them I bought them ofc :-P Christmas presents = free = win

Black
2006-11-25, 02:14 PM
Ouch that sucks

internetn
2006-11-25, 03:51 PM
Well if it makes you feel any better Peace I think my girlfriend stole my cellphone.. Can't find that bitch anywhere...

Oh well, a new phone, new gf

Kikinchikin
2006-11-26, 02:20 PM
During beachweek I ran into the ocean with my phone in my pocket.

It died. But it ended up being good for me since it was a 2 year old phone and I got a Razr for a replacement at no charge. Whee!

Doppler
2006-11-29, 01:28 AM
God I hate cellphones.

My work has a very very strict no camera policy. Personal cellphones with cameras are allowed but they ahve to be turned off or get a waiver, and of course it's only a problem if you get caught, but I don't want to mess with ya know, getting fired. So i went looking into a new phone. The useless sprint phone store guy couldn't even tell me the features of the different phones, and almost every phone out there but the crackberries (which I already have one of for work, and don't really see the need for a second for personal) has a camera on it or is a cheap POS.

Oh by the way i'm back, belated happy thanksgiving folks.

Hamma
2006-11-29, 06:49 AM
Heya Doppler ;)

I haven't seen a cell phone in ages without a Camera on it. Except NEXTEL - very few of their phones have cams.

Infernus
2006-11-29, 12:12 PM
My RAZR was in a pool for 5 minutes, still works just as well as it did before (mind you thats like a peice of crap... but thats besides the point).

Peacemaker
2006-11-30, 02:37 PM
I like my RZR. Works pretty damn good, granted ive got the Vorizon version.

Kikinchikin
2006-11-30, 04:07 PM
My razr makes me look hip and trendy!

Infernus
2006-11-30, 06:20 PM
I like my RZR. Works pretty damn good, granted ive got the Vorizon version.

I do too... Do you have the new version?

Mag-Mower
2006-11-30, 09:45 PM
I like the looks of the Q. Its like a blackberry, but looks many times better.

Hamma
2006-12-01, 07:36 AM
I had a Q for about a week, while a nice device it crashed on me several times and the battery died constantly. I traded it in for a Cingular RAZR. I'm cool, trendy and I like the phone :p

Peacemaker
2006-12-01, 07:41 AM
I do too... Do you have the new version?

ya.

Infernus
2006-12-01, 08:19 PM
ya.

Thats why?

Peacemaker
2006-12-02, 01:33 AM
Possibly. Its a good phone. Good signal reception. Great battery life.

The only arguement I have with the phone is that its speaker isnt loud enough / ringer isnt loud enough. When Im listening to music in the car I rarly hear it.

Infernus
2006-12-02, 02:02 PM
Possibly. Its a good phone. Good signal reception. Great battery life.

The only arguement I have with the phone is that its speaker isnt loud enough / ringer isnt loud enough. When Im listening to music in the car I rarly hear it.

Mine just works slow, it takes years to open my contact list.

Kikinchikin
2006-12-03, 04:21 AM
my razr has an incredibly short battery life. much shorter than my old damn nokia.

Hamma
2006-12-04, 07:32 AM
Really? I've had the opposite experience, mine lasts for ages. :lol:

MattxMosh
2006-12-04, 07:11 PM
I need a back up phone and was considering getting a razr. Even though I hate them. They are just plentiful and cheap.

After last winter and breaking a couple of sidekicks in the snow, I'm not letting the same thing happen to my mda.

Electrofreak
2006-12-05, 05:36 AM
I can't stand the RAZR. Maybe because its in the same crowd as the iPod. One of those consumer products that everyone just HAS to have because it's the in thing.

Before any of you retort that you got it just for the features or whatever, let me just say I'm not accusing you of that. But there's just way too many people out there that will buy a RAZR to have a RAZR or an iPod just so they can have the "in" thing. The iPod has its own side of an aisle in the electronics section at my local Wal-Mart ffs.

Anyhow, I prefer Samsung and LG phones. Samsung makes kickin' Pocket PCs, and LG's phones are durable, long lasting, and have pretty decent features.

Hamma
2006-12-05, 07:01 AM
I like it because it's flat and fits everywhere I want to put it nice and snug :D

Peacemaker
2006-12-05, 01:07 PM
Do you leave it on vibrate?

Hamma
2006-12-05, 04:27 PM
Neg. :p