PDA

View Full Version : Random crashing?

Exo_Kopaka
2007-04-13, 06:55 PM
After an hour or so when plyaing, for some reason, my game would lock up and freeze. I would have to use task manager and abort the program.

If I started it up again, it would screw up after an hour or so: it would show the graphics loose all their textures and colors, as if it were just the model itself made of clay, and because of this, I could predict whether or not it would crash a few seconds later, which in turn, it did.

If it would be my third startup, it would crash after a little longer than most of the time, but it only occurs if I turn and look at a large portion of the map, or if I look at a battle of some sort that has a lot of particles and objects.

For some reason, when I check my computer performance in the game, it would show the FPS well over 700. I don't understand how this is even possible.

My computer reaches all the system requirements, just that for some reason, it would just screw up and crash when I am in the battlefield after an hour of playing. Has this happened to you? How do I fix this problem?

GeneralRazor
2007-04-14, 03:16 PM
After an hour or so when plyaing, for some reason, my game would lock up and freeze. I would have to use task manager and abort the program.

If I started it up again, it would screw up after an hour or so: it would show the graphics loose all their textures and colors, as if it were just the model itself made of clay, and because of this, I could predict whether or not it would crash a few seconds later, which in turn, it did.

If it would be my third startup, it would crash after a little longer than most of the time, but it only occurs if I turn and look at a large portion of the map, or if I look at a battle of some sort that has a lot of particles and objects.

For some reason, when I check my computer performance in the game, it would show the FPS well over 700. I don't understand how this is even possible.

My computer reaches all the system requirements, just that for some reason, it would just screw up and crash when I am in the battlefield after an hour of playing. Has this happened to you? How do I fix this problem?

my non-techie guess would be ram, or graphics card issues

but lord, 700 FPS?!?! that's probably your problem right there, you need about 600 less, it's probably overloading your ram and/or your GC. Turn on vertical sync and see what you get.

Edit: And will have some effect on your gaming, but do it as a test and see how long it takes you to crash.

Exo_Kopaka
2007-04-16, 07:42 PM
Thanks. I'll try it once I get the real game, which won't be until a while. Hopefully it won't crash again, especially after I buy the physical CD.

UrbanWolf
2007-04-25, 05:31 AM

Dude. i get that EXACT thing! like the graf goes fucked up and goes white and shit. and then i know when im going to crash. it does get well annoying aswell, and it always does it after a hour! HELP ME SOMONE!

BizSAR
2007-04-25, 03:04 PM
This sounds like it could be the infamous white texture/crashing bug. It's a long thread, but try http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/posts/list.m?topic_id=800064994. There are several workarounds that while don't work for everyone, may just help you.

Good luck!