PDA

View Full Version : Suspended Accound problem

JackEarthrider
2009-11-07, 03:30 PM
Some please help, I introduced my brother to this game and helped him download a version get signed up.

We got it to work last night and had fun for a few hours, but now this afternoon its suddenly not letting him in cause it says hes "Suspended".

He said he was in the middle of a big battle and suddenly his computer lagged then crashed (his isn't as good as mine). Then when he tried to log back in it said his account was suspended/banned and to contact customer service.

Does anyone know how to fix this? anyone had this problem before? Or does anyone have a link to fix this?

Thanks any help would be very much appreciated.
Jack Earthrider

2009-11-07, 08:59 PM
Try contacting SOE: http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10404

JackEarthrider
2009-11-08, 05:32 PM
Thank you
I'll try that.

Firefly
2009-11-08, 08:49 PM
No-brainer. If they suspend your account, ask them why.

I'm presuming that you're the account owner. If that's the case, read on. If that's not the case, put your brother on the internet because they WILL NOT deal with you, it counts as third-party. Please feel free to ignore my post at your leisure - I've only worked for a video game studio for a long time.

The very first thing that you need to do is get hard documentation in the form of an email stating why the account was suspended. Every MMO company does this - it's a matter of finding the email in your folders. You or he should have received an email from Customer Support. The email will go to whatever address your account is registered. Check your bulk/spam/junk folder if you don't see it. That email should tell you what happened *IF* the account was actually suspended - it may have been an accident, it may be a bug, or perhaps the crash triggered some sort of response that auto-generated a ticket. If you don't have an email, then you would need to contact their Customer Support and find out what the deal is.

Once you've determined what the problem is, you have some options available. If it was a file-related screw-up from the crash, try doing a full file check. You may need to reinstall the game from disk. If it was an accident on behalf of some SOE employee, request a month of free playtime for that account (don't get greedy). If it was a "legitimate" suspension, the proper course of action is to ask them how to dispute it and then follow their instructions.

Side note: screaming, cursing, using vulgarities and insults, threatening legal action, threatening to quit - those are all tactics guaranteed to get your dispute appeal tossed in the round file, aka "The Shitter".

JackEarthrider
2009-11-09, 11:40 AM
Well I'm only getting the story 2nd hand, so i don't know if he did anything or not; however, i don't think he would jepordize a game he started only a day ago.

Thanks for all the advice though, i signed another person onto the game as well and they haven't been having any trouble thus far. So this must be an isolated thing.

And ya the account is mine, my bro is nearly computer illiterate so hes basically sitting on his hands waiting for me to fix this for him.

Firefly
2009-11-10, 02:45 PM
Whoever owns the account - meaning, whoever pays the bill, owns the credit card, and most importantly HAS THE ACCOUNT IN THEIR NAME/EMAIL. When a Customer Support rep talks to you, they presume that the person to whom they are speaking is the account owner. I think most of SOE's customer support is done via email. So if your account JOESNUFFY123 with a password of ABC123 is registered to email joesnuffy at shenanigans dot fuck, then you need to contact them from joesnuffy at shenanigans dot fuck and make sure that the address is in your safe list so it doesn't go into the shitter folder.

As for people jeopardising their new account - that doesn't hold weight with me. People get free trials all the time specifically to grief, hack, cheat, exploit, and cause trouble. When a company opens up free trials to their MMO they accept that free trials are going to cause a majority of the problems. The same can be said for new paid subscriptions - players don't read Player Code of Conduct agreements, EULAs, Terms of Service. They get in and think "I can say n-word and ****** and shit and fuck and goddamn because I can do it in Barrens Chat in World of Dorkcraft, so CHUCK NORRIS FUCKS *****!"

Like I said. My experience. Granted, most new accounts are on the up and up but eight times out of ten you will see new accounts causing enough havoc just as much as a free trial. That's why there's a sliding disciplinary scale.

So, did you find any emails from Customer Support/Service explaining why the account was suspended?

JackEarthrider
2009-11-10, 04:31 PM
none so far, it seems to have happened out of nowhere with no notification or warning. Hence our confusion.

Firefly
2009-11-10, 05:26 PM
Okay, so your next step should be to contact the SOE Customer Support people via email or their online help form. You need to list the account ID (preferably in all-caps so as to distinguish between capital I and lowercase L, and zeros and letter-Os), the name to whom it belongs, the email address associated with the account, and a description of the issue. Here's an example:

"Account [NAME] registered to Joe Snuffy via email address [INSERT ADDRESS] was apparently suspended/banned sometime prior to [insert date you found out it was suspended]. I have not received an email stating that the account was suspended/banned or if it was sent I am not seeing it. I would like to know why the account was actioned and for how long this action will be in place, as well as how to dispute the action taken."

If it turns up that it was an error, request that the period for which it was suspended be either refunded, deducted from the next month's subscription fee, or otherwise comped in such a way that you are properly reimbursed for their screw-up.

Baneblade
2009-11-10, 06:02 PM
Firefly, are you smashed?

Firefly
2009-11-10, 07:03 PM
No. Why?

Hamma
2009-11-10, 08:44 PM
lol, odd question

FF is just helpin out :D

Baneblade
2009-11-10, 08:57 PM
That's why I asked.

JackEarthrider
2009-11-11, 11:24 AM
ok, my bro just got tired of waiting and made a new account; hopefully this one isn't suspended or banned either.

For now the problem should be solved, but thanks for the links and the advice, it may help another time.
Thanks

Firefly
2009-11-13, 12:15 PM
That's why I asked.
Why, because I helped the guy? That's retarded. I'm a very helpful person - I just hate stupid people so 9 times out of 10 I go off on some tangent. Stupidity is the match to my short fuse.

Baneblade
2009-11-13, 01:02 PM
Why, because I helped the guy? That's retarded. I'm a very helpful person - I just hate stupid people so 9 times out of 10 I go off on some tangent. Stupidity is the match to my short fuse.

Maybe we have different thresholds regarding stupidity then.

Firefly
2009-11-13, 02:38 PM
Zero tolerance, old bean. That's my threshold. If one is ignorant due to a lack of information and/or education, that's a different story.

In this particular instance, Captain Jack Earthrider had an issue with which I have experience and expertise. I felt I could be of more assistance than the average poster.

Baneblade
2009-11-13, 04:53 PM
You are probably right.