PDA

View Full Version : Alien NPC enemys?

HALAKxTEHxOWNER
2010-01-21, 07:49 PM
I was thinking one day when playing planetside:
what if the game had hostile-to-everyone cpu aliens? they would mostly be weaker than players but with multiple types, some incredibly strong and rare, some worthlessly weak and incredibly common.
it would be like every day a randomly chosen continent would be attacked and have aliens spawning from a mothership in the center of the continent, the attack ending at the end of the day or when the mothership is destroyed (it would have like 500k armor and have massivlly damaging attacks) im not saying to make the 3 factions be allied against aliens (and they cant access sanctuarys) That. Would. Be. Awesome.

DviddLeff
2010-01-22, 03:14 PM
AI was originally intended to be in game, they actually modelled them and had everything working apparently, but had to pull them for performance.

http://2272339126426313088-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/planetsideupgradeproject/phase-3/shifters5.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpR4Tia3ecIVnFuCWqWz pDXdt3QVf-ecZzoicGCbpeVXOAyk3bsqvlcJt5iYaPMMkNrosElvNAu30VoI 2lYBYZ2mbEcUC2J8QMiTz9Wu88rOmVWgtfx_wVgD2B3d1Sf9ht kTw3Z9WVdWJfHOVAvIPnhm2zGW8g6SXDgy93ecAZlQu_o_n8nY N0yh_MozdlPgU--oiuygR7fIPaIe6L4oF6T-KKGjJCHTjOK2KTP_OcQ1WFuYUA%3D&attredirects=0

MasterChief096
2010-01-22, 08:55 PM
Hmm. To be honest I'd rather just have it stay PVP.

If everything works out we are going to have large enough battles just from the players.

I suppose AI could fit in as acting as guard duty for outfit bases or something like that. That way an outfit can own a base and go out and do stuff, but it wouldn't be completely undefended.

Sifer2
2010-01-23, 04:38 AM
I would not mind it if they were mostly there as an obstacle. Just native life on the Planet that cause trouble. Just would not want to see missions to kill them acting like a grind for xp. One thing that could be amusing too would be if there was a way to temporarily control them. Like the scent gland thing in Half Life 2. Gathering a horde of giant bugs an sending them at the enemy would be funny. An yeah every so often big events where lots of them swarm the bases could be fun.

Furret
2010-01-23, 08:01 AM
This could actually tie in with some of the event threads that have been discussed earlier.

Every once in a while, these aliens hop on down to Auraxis and then whichever empire can take them out, gets temporary use of alien forces (as fodder or distractions) for a day or so. It wouldn't disrupt the gameplay, juts the gameplay on one continent. That is, until someone takes down the Queen thats controlling the Mothership. Then they get a massive BEP award, and their empire's leaders get to control alien troops. This would make the events very useful to win, but if you devoted all your forces to the mothership, the other continents would be very vulnerable during your assault.

HALAKxTEHxOWNER
2010-01-23, 12:50 PM
This could actually tie in with some of the event threads that have been discussed earlier.

Every once in a while, these aliens hop on down to Auraxis and then whichever empire can take them out, gets temporary use of alien forces (as fodder or distractions) for a day or so. It wouldn't disrupt the gameplay, juts the gameplay on one continent. That is, until someone takes down the Queen thats controlling the Mothership. Then they get a massive BEP award, and their empire's leaders get to control alien troops. This would make the events very useful to win, but if you devoted all your forces to the mothership, the other continents would be very vulnerable during your assault.

Thats a REALLY good idea. I didnt think of that

Furret
2010-01-24, 12:03 PM
why thank you!

anyway, thats what these threads are supposed to be about: bouncing ideas until someone mixes em all together and makes something awesome...
if only they listened to us...