PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Planetside

NeedHalp
2010-04-25, 02:06 PM
I am having problems getting Planetside to work. SOE's knowledge base for PS is down, live chat is down, cannot email them, and I cannot post anything or PM anyone on the forums (under multiple accounts and computers).

Here is the email I sent them, without success, and now pass to you with high hopes:

I am running on Windows XP Professional x64 edition. I have an Intel Quad 2 Quad, 3.2GHz, with 4GB of RAM, Radeon x1950 512mb video.

Recently I created a trial account to see if I'd want to subscribe again. My buddy did the same. He installed the game, works great. I installed the game, and for some reason every loading bar I see on Launchpad is very, very slow. Especially the file analyze bar. After 5-10 minutes, the button finally switches to play. I click it, and after about 2 minutes of the program being frozen, a message pops up that says Launching Planetside. 30 seconds later, "There was a problem accessing your account information. Please try again etc..".

There is nothing wrong with my account, as I've tried it on my buddy's computer. I logged into his here too, to see if it would work, and I got the same message. I've reinstalled PS twice, same thing. I copied the contents of my PS and Launchpad folder to a virtual machine running Windows XP with 2gb of ram, and it worked fine (except for a little lag of course). I don't understand what the issue is. I have my NET frameworks installed, have compatibility mode on, have visual c++ libraries installed, have all of my drivers and everything else that I can think of - all updated.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

2010-04-25, 08:03 PM
I've heard that PS doen't play nice with 64-bit, but it should work in compatibility mode. Are you also running LaunchPad in compatibility mode? If nothing else works, try reinstalling.

Baneblade
2010-04-26, 10:08 AM
You have to remember, PS is over seven years old. 64 bits were a novelty back then.

NeedHalp
2010-04-26, 10:54 PM
I have tried using both of them in compatibility mode with Win95 and XP, to no avail. The update news said PS supports 64 bit (if I remember correctly). They did not say 64 bit XP, though.

EDIT: I've reinstalled twice.

NeedHalp
2010-05-03, 03:16 PM
Just to post an update: I've somewhat solved the problem. The game is playable on a virtual machine (20-30 fps in large fights, don't know about indoors yet) if you set your VRAM to 128 and do not use a wireless adapter.

Running it on VMWare Player at 100+ FPS in the sanc, regular 40-60fps running around killing nubs outdoors, 30ish in large tower fights.